PDA

View Full Version : Is Phelps dating Amanda Beard?

tjrpatt
August 18th, 2008, 09:45 PM
I saw this story on perezhilton.

http://perezhilton.com/2008-08-18-whos-michael-phelps-lady-love

There is this British model seems to be after him too? Plus, Access Hollywood said that Lohan text messaged him. Mama Phelps was not happy! He has alot of opportunity with the ladies right now. Let's hope that he doesn't settle down with a bad girl.

Also, How does Brendan Hansen feel about Phelps possibly dating Beard? Then again, from what I heard, that was just an Athens thing!

USMSarah
August 18th, 2008, 09:52 PM
I just read the same thing... I hope he avoids Lohan - she's gross. As for Beard - they'd make one heck of an athletic power couple.

quicksilver
August 18th, 2008, 10:05 PM
She puts her hand on the wrong side when singing the anthem.
That's such a turn off.

http://blog.peta.org/archives/Amanda%20Beard_Rather%20Go%20Naked.php

SwimStud
August 18th, 2008, 10:06 PM
Dayamn, I'll pledge allegiance to some of that!

:lmao:

USMSarah
August 18th, 2008, 10:06 PM
She puts her hand on the wrong side when singing the anthem.
That's such a turn off.

http://blog.peta.org/archives/Amanda%20Beard_Rather%20Go%20Naked.php

:rofl:

quicksilver
August 18th, 2008, 10:08 PM
Dayamn, I'll pledge allegiance to some of that!

You're from the Motherland.
It's Margaret Thatcher for you Sir Stud.

SwimStud
August 18th, 2008, 10:09 PM
Your from the motherland.
It's Margaret Thatcher for you Sir Stud.

...I really don't think so Tim...

stillwater
August 18th, 2008, 10:59 PM
Yes

Seagurl51
August 18th, 2008, 11:45 PM
According to the highly reliable source of facebook, Amanda is already in a relationship and not with Phelps. I wouldn't worry though, I'm sure he wont' have a problem finding someone. Let's hope it's not Lohan, and doesn't she have a girlfriend now anyway?

tjrpatt
August 19th, 2008, 11:01 AM
I don't know if Lohan wants him but she supposedly sent him a text message or two with foul language. Plus, it could have been someone else claiming to be Lohan.

aquageek
August 19th, 2008, 11:05 AM
I don't know if Lohan wants him but she supposedly sent him a text message or two with foul language. Plus, it could have been someone else claiming to be Lohan.

Seriously, who cares?

And, it was Stud who sent the text message anyway.

scyfreestyler
August 19th, 2008, 11:16 AM
Are Lohan and Phelps members of hottub?

knelson
August 19th, 2008, 11:24 AM
Right now I can't imagine Phelps is 'dating' someone. I bet it's more like "get on the list."

USMSarah
August 19th, 2008, 01:55 PM
I saw this story on perezhilton.

http://perezhilton.com/2008-08-18-whos-michael-phelps-lady-love

There is this British model seems to be after him too? Plus, Access Hollywood said that Lohan text messaged him. Mama Phelps was not happy! He has alot of opportunity with the ladies right now. Let's hope that he doesn't settle down with a bad girl.

Also, How does Brendan Hansen feel about Phelps possibly dating Beard? Then again, from what I heard, that was just an Athens thing!

Just read on Perez that Phelps isn't going to be on the Wheaties box... he will be on Kellogg's corn flakes and frosted flakes.

I'm so addicted to that site. He can be mean, but he can be just as funny.

James
August 19th, 2008, 02:30 PM
http://blog.peta.org/archives/Amanda%20Beard_Rather%20Go%20Naked.php[/QUOTE]

thats hot!!

tjrpatt
August 19th, 2008, 02:57 PM
Amanda said on some radio show that she isn't dating him. The way she was talking, it was as though Michael wasn't good looking enough for her. So picky. From what I heard on tmz, women in this country would rather date Phelps than George Clooney. Beard didn't come off so great in that interview. She better watch her back if she runs into that AT&T chick and some Phelps fanatic girls in South Jersey.

tjrpatt
August 19th, 2008, 03:00 PM
Just read on Perez that Phelps isn't going to be on the Wheaties box... he will be on Kellogg's corn flakes and frosted flakes.

I'm so addicted to that site. He can be mean, but he can be just as funny.

It was so cool that Phelps got alot of mentions on that site. It is one sign that you made it mainstream.

3strokes
August 19th, 2008, 03:05 PM
From what I heard on tmz, women in this country would rather date Phelps than George Clooney.

Shows that they prefer stamina and rapid recovery to good looks.........

fanstone
August 19th, 2008, 03:17 PM
"Shows that they prefer stamina and rapid recovery to good looks........." But Ahmed, I have all three...James: there is a lot more of Amanda than what you got there, just do a google search...I have her hidden somewhere in my computer, and my wife doesn't care, cause she's a swimmer...billy fanstone

USMSarah
August 19th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Apparently JLo doesn't care about Phelps' medal haul...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26272630/?GT1=BUZZ3

stillwater
August 19th, 2008, 05:58 PM
Yahoo.

Amanda is free at last. Thank God in heaven, free at last.

aquageek
August 19th, 2008, 05:59 PM

Someone needs to find a video of her swim training, that might be some funny stuff.

knelson
August 19th, 2008, 06:11 PM
How's JLo going to find a swim cap that will hold that ego?

aquageek
August 19th, 2008, 06:37 PM
How's JLo going to find a swim cap that will hold that ego?

Or a suit to go over her arse.

tjrpatt
August 19th, 2008, 07:40 PM

And no one cared about her last CD. I saw clips on her running and biking. I can't imagine her getting in a her pool and actually swimming. She better use pull buoys to keep her body horizontal. Then again, I don't think that they make pull buoys that can keep her butt up.

tjrpatt
August 19th, 2008, 07:45 PM
Amanda put her boyfriend on Access Hollywood. He makes me look like Brad Pitt. Yet, Phelps is not good looking enough for her. Then again, who cares because apparently, Carrie Underwood has a crush on him and Carrie makes Amanda look like Amy Winehouse. If Carrie and Michael got married, their kids could break swimming records and put out Hit country songs. Plus, she seems like a nice girl.

quicksilver
August 19th, 2008, 07:57 PM
Or a suit to go over her arse.

Maybe she can find the same tailor who fixed yer overalls.
That'd be a good suit for sure. :D

Midas
August 19th, 2008, 08:14 PM

Wow. I read that blurb and now I'm absolutely seeing red. Somebody should go get Dara Torres (who has the true post-pregnancy atheltic story of the year) to kick her arse. I think I'll be boycotting Ms. Lopez's future commercial enterprises (not that I really patronized them to begin with).

scyfreestyler
August 19th, 2008, 08:28 PM
Do we really care what she has to say? Speaking only for myself, NO!

USMSarah
August 19th, 2008, 09:43 PM
Somebody should go get Dara Torres (who has the true post-pregnancy atheltic story of the year) to kick her arse.

You bet. I can't believe that she had the gall to say that. So many other women out there that have given birth and trained for a tri (and other things). It will be interesting if she tries to squeeze that tank :mooning: into a Speedo. I never took her seriously, but this comment was ridiculous - she's got a big head to go along with that big butt.

Sam Perry
August 19th, 2008, 11:32 PM
Let's plan a road trip to Malibu to cheer her on. :rant3:

ande
August 20th, 2008, 03:47 PM
this should clear things up

Michael Phelps' Girlfriend: He Addresses Rumors, Beard Says "Ew" No
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/08/19/michael-phelps-girlfriend_n_119832.html

As for the rumors Phelps is dating fellow Olympic swimmer, Amanda Beard, he declares, "No, I'm not dating Amanda Beard (seen here). I'll say that. I think she has a boyfriend."

Meanwhile, Amanda also denied she was dating Phelps, saying,
"Eww, that's nasty... I have never, ever hooked up with Michael Phelps,"
Beard said via telephone from Beijing on the "Johnjay and Rich Show," which is broadcast on Kiss FM 104.7 in Phoenix.
"Come on, I have really good taste," Beard said. "He's really not my type."

aquageek
August 20th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Plus, her pimp probably wouldn't like her dating classy guys like Phelps.

knelson
August 20th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Phelps probably wouldn't date someone who swam that slow at the Olympics, anyway. :thhbbb:

ande
August 20th, 2008, 04:05 PM
who else is curious to see which celebrities he'll be dating

SwimStud
August 20th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Yeah c'mon. Giving birth is what women were designed for! Sure it might hurt a little bit but let's not make out like it is "Trial by Ordeal" or something...perspective please.

fanstone
August 20th, 2008, 04:43 PM
This Facebook thing allows us to be "friends" with the famous such as Beard, Hall, Manadou and the Fortress. I have shown my wife pictures of Beard and Manadou clothed and unclothed, not of Fortress though. My wife refers to Beard as "that s..t" (in Portuguese version: aquela piranha). I guess she is prejudiced. Poor manadou, didn't do so well in the Olympics. Anyway, I have seen pictures of the boyfriend (Beard) and although he rides a bike, his looks would fit into the description above by Geek. I would like to add that even though we speak evil of Beard and Kournikova (the russian tennis player) we must not forget they also walked the talk, with Beard qualifying by the clock, not looks, and Kournikova did reach top ten in the tennis ranking. Some ladies such as most swimmers. including the Fortress, besides being hot are also fast. Not so much for our male representatives in this forum, with a few exceptions. The Stud and I and possibly Thornton aren't that fast but we sure are good looking blokes. (Jim is faster but he is also balder)...billy (feeling silly) fanstone

scyfreestyler
August 20th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Good stuff Fanstone.

Beard has 'really good taste' but 'Phelps is not her type'? At the very least, it's a rather rude series of comments.

The Fortress
August 20th, 2008, 04:49 PM
this should clear things up

Michael Phelps' Girlfriend: He Addresses Rumors, Beard Says "Ew" No
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/08/19/michael-phelps-girlfriend_n_119832.html

As for the rumors Phelps is dating fellow Olympic swimmer, Amanda Beard, he declares, "No, I'm not dating Amanda Beard (seen here). I'll say that. I think she has a boyfriend."

Meanwhile, Amanda also denied she was dating Phelps, saying,
"Eww, that's nasty... I have never, ever hooked up with Michael Phelps,"
Beard said via telephone from Beijing on the "Johnjay and Rich Show," which is broadcast on Kiss FM 104.7 in Phoenix.
"Come on, I have really good taste," Beard said. "He's really not my type."

I'm surprised she said that. Not classy at all.

Can I just say that I absolutely hate the phrase "hook up?"

aquageek
August 20th, 2008, 04:53 PM

I hear this term too often and its meaning seems to vary by the age of the speaker, along with the phrase "we aren't dating, we're just hanging out." Is that like friends with benefits? Beats me, I'm too old I guess.

scyfreestyler
August 20th, 2008, 04:55 PM
I concur. It's often times difficult to determine just what is meant by "hook up". When in doubt, ask for clarification.

The Fortress
August 20th, 2008, 05:00 PM
I concur. It's often times difficult to determine just what is meant by "hook up". When in doubt, ask for clarification.

When I hear teenagers using that phrase, it doesn't mean hanging out. Maybe one of the youthful members of the forum can correct me, but I think it's a pseudonym for anything from casual sex to making out and usually takes place at parties. Maybe we can ask Amanda?

elise526
August 20th, 2008, 05:01 PM
It really disappoints me that Amanda said that about Phelps. :shakeshead: Her loss. I thought it was cute that Phelps said he was a Momma's boy. Guess Amanda really lost out because a momma's boy always treats the women in his life well - momma, significant others, etc. :)

aquageek
August 20th, 2008, 05:03 PM
Maybe we can ask Amanda?

I suspect when she says "hanging out" she is being very literal and referring to her body parts in magazines.

USMSarah
August 20th, 2008, 05:15 PM
I'm surprised she said that. Not classy at all.

Amanda lost all class, in my opinion, when she posed for Playboy... the eww nasty quote further proves my point that she is a total idiot - insulting a teammate that has now become the best Olympian ever. A simple NO would have been enough to answer that question. I'm sure that Phelps has some dirt on her, but he is probably smart AND CLASSY enough to keep his mouth shut.

She has already started damage control (read it on perez too). ;)

SwimStud
August 20th, 2008, 05:17 PM
Yo Amanda haters; Did you hear the interview?

I did. She just denied kissing or hooking up, or thinking about it. The jocks said something like "Well you can bet he (Phelps) has thought about that for 24 hours a day!" (snicker snicker fnar fnar).

To which she replied: "Ew, that's Nasty!"

Sorry gang, put out the torches and go back to tossing hay with the pitch forks...there's no monster at the Castle...

Or as an Imperial Stormtrooper would say "Move along!"

elise526
August 20th, 2008, 05:22 PM
Yo Amanda haters; Did you hear the interview?

I did. She just denied kissing or hooking up, or thinking about it. The jocks said something like "Well you can bet he (Phelps) has thought about that for 24 hours a day!" (snicker snicker fnar fnar).

To which she replied: "Ew, that's Nasty!"

Sorry gang, put out the torches and go back to tossing hay with the pitch forks...there's no monster at the Castle...

Or as an Imperial Stormtrooper would say "Move along!"

I like Amanda, but doesn't that seem like a strange response from somebody that posed for Playboy?

SwimStud
August 20th, 2008, 05:29 PM
I like Amanda, but doesn't that seem like a strange response from somebody that posed for Playboy?

Well I'm just correcting the misconception that she said Phelps was "ew...nasty!"

Elise, are you suggesting that Playboy is a magazine used for a specific stimulating activity? I think the Vicky Secrets or Frederick's catalogues provide about the same for free.

I'm a guy, and I think Phelps is a fair looking dude. Not Brad Pitt, but then again Hollywood is all fake tans and plastic teeth anyway.

To me there isn't much difference in what she did to what Beckham did in his undies for Armani or whoever it was (careful--CF might pop up here with some data to refute it).

elise526
August 20th, 2008, 05:35 PM
Well I'm just correcting the misconception that she said Phelps was "ew...nasty!"

Elise, are you suggesting that Playboy is a magazine used for a specific stimulating activity? I think the Vicky Secrets or Frederick's catalogues provide about the same for free.

I'm a guy, and I think Phelps is a fair looking dude. Not Brad Pitt, but then again Hollywood is all fake tans and plastic teeth anyway.

To me there isn't much difference in what she did to what Beckham did in his undies for Armani or whoever it was (careful--CF might pop up here with some data to refute it).

In addition to the tan and teeth, there's some more fake things you could add on to there.......

SwimStud
August 20th, 2008, 05:38 PM
There's some more fake things you could add on to there.......

Not for me. I'd rather take real and orignal over fake and exagerrated.

tjrpatt
August 20th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Phelps got his body from hard work in the pool and the gym. Most of these actors get their bodies from plastic surgeon, Roids, eating disorders, etc. There are people who get calf implants.

Beard should have ew, he is like a brother me. She was insulting because she talked about how, "I have good taste". And she used the word nasty. She really went over the line. Maybe she was really joking but she shot herself in the foot with the deeper comments. Also, Mama Phelps was not happy with Beard's comments. In addition, you know that Beard is loving all the press and the postings on Perezhilton.

FlyQueen
August 20th, 2008, 07:04 PM
I do remember them saying they were friends after 04 and that she thought of him like a brother. She also said they texted or talked multiple times a week ... for some reason I'm guessing that doesn't happen much anymore.

swimshark
August 21st, 2008, 08:07 AM
JLo needs to get a clue!!

tjrpatt
August 21st, 2008, 12:05 PM
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,24220126-5012974,00.html

Now, Australian Superhottie Stephanie Rice is linked to Phelps. If this is true, is Eamon Sullivan going to be nice. Then again, women think that Sullivan is hot so he probably has his pick of the litter.

Back to Rice, she is really attractive. She looks really stunning without makeup after her races. If this is true, way to go Phelps.

Did anyone see pictures of Hackett's wife? She is a stunner.

knelson
August 21st, 2008, 12:14 PM
Rice is good looking. Sullivan? Not so sure. I actually laughed when I saw his photo in USMS Swimmer. Kind of borderline emaciated looking.

I think this was the picture that was used: http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2008/02/18/eamonsullivan_wideweb__470x363,0.jpg

I guess if you were a big Ivan Lendl fan! :)

tjrpatt
August 21st, 2008, 12:17 PM
Eamon did look manxeric for a sprinter. His emaciated body got him tossed around in that 100 free final.

tjrpatt
August 21st, 2008, 12:18 PM
Rice is good looking. Sullivan? Not so sure. I actually laughed when I saw his photo in USMS Swimmer. Kind of borderline emaciated looking.

I think this was the picture that was used: http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2008/02/18/eamonsullivan_wideweb__470x363,0.jpg

I guess if you were a big Ivan Lendl fan! :)

That is one good looking swimming pool.

ande
August 21st, 2008, 12:23 PM
rice is nice (http://images.google.com/images?um=1&hl=en&q=%22Stephanie+Rice%22&btnG=Search+Images)

hackett's wife (http://eswimmer.swimming.org.au/upload/eswimmer/upload/general/issue%2050(1)/big/grant%20hackett%20and%20alley%20by%20iq.jpg)

USMSarah
August 21st, 2008, 12:43 PM
Phelps looks a little nervous here (pic w/ Rice) in Beijing.

http://www.swimnetwork.com/photos/fp/12867/13717.html?publication_date=20080820

:)

mctrusty
August 21st, 2008, 01:12 PM
rice is nice (http://images.google.com/images?um=1&hl=en&q=%22Stephanie+Rice%22&btnG=Search+Images)

Amen.

3strokes
August 21st, 2008, 02:08 PM

http://www.swimnetwork.com/photos/fp/12867/13717.html?publication_date=20080820

Looks like it might have been a commercial photo-shoot for Speedo.

swimshark
August 21st, 2008, 02:31 PM

Not nervous. He looks like he's checking out her butt!

ande
August 21st, 2008, 03:51 PM
thousands of women hope amanda isn't phelps' beard

jim thornton
August 22nd, 2008, 01:18 AM
I think Michael's attractiveness to women will have a lot to do with global warming and the melting of the ice pack. Until someone mutates a Kevin Costner web foot a la Waterworld, he might represent the best bet for producing viable human offspring in the coming environment.

Chrissy
August 22nd, 2008, 03:48 AM
Well what do you know Michael Phelps has his eye on Stephanie Rice, hmm this does look interesting.

Yes 3strokes it was a photoshoot for speedo, Phelps and Steph do look abit cosy but hey they could be just friends.

Stephanie Rice is a stunner, she's gorgeous so I don't blame Phelps for taking an interest. LOL can you imagine of this is true and that Phelps and Steph are actually dating, one American the other Australian both swimmers and both their countries have a huge rivary in the pool LOL this could be very interesting indeed :D

quicksilver
August 22nd, 2008, 06:48 AM
From Today's New York Post Page Six....

Michael Phelps (http://www.nypost.com/news/p/phelps_michael/phelps_michael.htm) doesn't have a girlfriend, but he celebrated his record-breaking eight gold medals in Beijing by sneaking off for a sizzling game of tonsil hockey with one of Australia's hottest Olympians.

Phelps, fresh from shattering Mark Spitz's 36-year-old record, was spotted Monday night in a hot make-out session with Down Under swimmer Stephanie Rice, a source tells The Post's Clemente Lisi and Luke Dennehy. The pumped-up pair clinched and swapped spit at a celebratory bash outside the Olympic Village.

The Baltimore Bullet swooped in for the lip-lock with the 20-year-old brunette just weeks after she split from Aussie swimmer Eamon Sullivan. "All the swimmers are talking about it, and [Sullivan] is cut up about what happened," the source said.
The day after the face-sucking frolics, Phelps and Rice cheekily posed together for Speedo - laughing and playfully groping each other as a photographer snapped them in their swimsuits. "I definitely admire him for his athletic ability and everything he's achieved," gushed Rice, who won three gold medals of her own. "I'm just really glad to be in the mix with that."

Whether the dynamic duo is now a couple isn't known. Phelps' rep didn't return our calls.Since winning, the 6-foot-4 wonder has been linked to US swimmer Amanda Beard, who posed nude for Playboy, and British model Lily Donaldson. Both have denied ever dating him, with Beard going as far as to fume, "Eww, that's nasty."

Meanwhile, Simon & Schuster's Free Press imprint has signed Phelps to write "Built To Succeed," a behind-the-scenes look at the training regimen that led to his victorious performances. It'll be out in December. Sources say Phelps got a $1 million advance in anticipation of its doing better than his 2005 tome, "Beneath the Surface," which sold only 10,000 copies.

ViveBene
August 22nd, 2008, 07:30 AM
He has a very small pool of women to choose from right now, but my money is on him settling down with someone like mom.

Wonder who's ghostwriting the book.

tjrpatt
August 22nd, 2008, 08:59 AM
From Today's New York Post Page Six....

Michael Phelps (http://www.nypost.com/news/p/phelps_michael/phelps_michael.htm) doesn't have a girlfriend, but he celebrated his record-breaking eight gold medals in Beijing by sneaking off for a sizzling game of tonsil hockey with one of Australia's hottest Olympians.

Phelps, fresh from shattering Mark Spitz's 36-year-old record, was spotted Monday night in a hot make-out session with Down Under swimmer Stephanie Rice, a source tells The Post's Clemente Lisi and Luke Dennehy. The pumped-up pair clinched and swapped spit at a celebratory bash outside the Olympic Village.

The Baltimore Bullet swooped in for the lip-lock with the 20-year-old brunette just weeks after she split from Aussie swimmer Eamon Sullivan. "All the swimmers are talking about it, and [Sullivan] is cut up about what happened," the source said.
The day after the face-sucking frolics, Phelps and Rice cheekily posed together for Speedo - laughing and playfully groping each other as a photographer snapped them in their swimsuits. "I definitely admire him for his athletic ability and everything he's achieved," gushed Rice, who won three gold medals of her own. "I'm just really glad to be in the mix with that."

Whether the dynamic duo is now a couple isn't known. Phelps' rep didn't return our calls.Since winning, the 6-foot-4 wonder has been linked to US swimmer Amanda Beard, who posed nude for Playboy, and British model Lily Donaldson. Both have denied ever dating him, with Beard going as far as to fume, "Eww, that's nasty."

Meanwhile, Simon & Schuster's Free Press imprint has signed Phelps to write "Built To Succeed," a behind-the-scenes look at the training regimen that led to his victorious performances. It'll be out in December. Sources say Phelps got a $1 million advance in anticipation of its doing better than his 2005 tome, "Beneath the Surface," which sold only 10,000 copies.

Aw, that is great that Phelps is a fixture on PageSix. Go, Michael. I don't think that Eamon cares what Rice does or shouldn't. He broke up with her. Plus, I am sure that he was doing his own tonsil hockey with chicks at these parties. Watch out, Michael, she could be looking for a green card. Just saying! Then again, who the heck wants to leave Australia with all those LCM pools.

The Fortress
August 22nd, 2008, 09:15 AM
USMS has gone all People Magazine.

aquageek
August 22nd, 2008, 09:43 AM
USMS has gone all People Magazine.

I've been having that same feeling, kind of like that feeling right before you hurl.

USMSarah
August 22nd, 2008, 10:42 AM
I remember a Summer Sanders interview a while back... she says that swimmers do "hook up" after the swimming is over at the Olympics. I honestly do think she used the term "hook up."

;)

elise526
August 22nd, 2008, 10:48 AM
I remember a Summer Sanders interview a while back... she says that swimmers do "hook up" after the swimming is over at the Olympics. I honestly do think she used the term "hook up."

;)

I'm like Fort - I don't care for the term "hook up." I want to go back to the 50s when women were serenaded from beneath their windows.

knelson
August 22nd, 2008, 11:14 AM
I want to go back to the 50s when women were serenaded from beneath their windows.

Which 50s was that? The 1650s? :)

... I agree the term "hook up" makes me cringe.

elise526
August 22nd, 2008, 11:19 AM
Which 50s was that? The 1650s? :)

Actually I think in some places the Sigma Chis still do it.

"Serenade"

Memories linger when college is past,
Girls that we dreamed of are Sig girls at last;
Visions come back when the world goes wrong,
We pledge our devotion on wings of a song.
Open your window, the music drifts in,
Dream girl of Sigma Chi,
No one more worthy than you wears the pin,
Sweetheart of Sigma Chi.
Your heart beats true for the gold and the blue,
Out Cross is our pledge of devotion to you, dear,
Voices are lifted to praise you tonight,
Girl of our serenade.

scyfreestyler
August 22nd, 2008, 11:45 AM
Serenade under the window, and then hook up. :)

The Fortress
August 22nd, 2008, 12:11 PM
I'm like Fort - I don't care for the term "hook up." I want to go back to the 50s when women were serenaded from beneath their windows.

And right after, the women were supposed to cook a five course meal and fetch slippers! No thanks!

I'm sure there are plenty of "hookups" after big swimming events. But they could find a better word perhaps?

I see it at regular USA meets too. Big flirt fest. After zones this summer, my kid came home and, thanks to facebook, I found out that she was "in a relationship." lol. At least I guessed who!

elise526
August 22nd, 2008, 12:22 PM
And right after, the women were supposed to cook a five course meal and fetch slippers! No thanks!

I'm sure there are plenty of "hookups" after big swimming events. But they could find a better word perhaps?

I see it at regular USA meets too. Big flirt fest. After zones this summer, my kid came home and, thanks to facebook, I found out that she was "in a relationship." lol. At least I guessed who!

Excerpt from a 1950s Home Economics Textbook

Compiled by Ms. Leslie Blankship
Columbus, Ohio

Have dinner ready: Plan ahead even the night before to have a delicious meal on time. This is a way of letting him know that you have been thinking about him and are concerned about his needs. Most men are hungry when they come home and the prospects of a good meal are part of the warm welcome needed.
Prepare yourself: Take 15 minutes to rest so you will be refreshed when he arrives. Touch up your makeup, put a ribbon in your hair and be fresh looking. He has just been with a lot of work-wary people. Be a little gay and a little more interesting. His boring day may need a lift.
Clear away the clutter: Make one last trip through the main part of the house just before your husband arrives, gathering up school books, toys, paper, etc. Then run a dust cloth over the tables. Your husband will feel he has reached a haven of rest and order, and it will give you a lift, too.
Prepare the children: Take a few minutes to wash the children's hands and faces (if they are small), comb their hair, and if necessary, change their clothes. They are little treasures and he would like to see them playing the part.
Minimize all noise: At the time of his arrival, eliminate all noise of washer, dryer, dishwasher, or vacuum. Try to encourage the children to be quite. Be happy to see him. Greet him with a warm smile and be glad to see him. Some don'ts: Don't greet him with problems or complaints. Don't complain if he's late for dinner. Count this as minor compared with what he might have gone through that day.
Make him comfortable: Have him lean back in a comfortable chair or suggest he lie down in the bedroom. Have a cool or warm drink ready for him. Arrange his pillow and offer to take off his shoes. Speak in a low, soft soothing and pleasant voice. Allow him to relax-unwind.
Listen to him: You may have a dozen things to tell him, but the moment of his arrival is not the time. Let him talk first.
Make the evening his: Never complain if he does not take you out to dinner or to other places of entertainment. Instead, try to understand his world of strain and pressure, his need to be home and relax.
The goal: Try to make your home a place of peace and order where your husband can renew himself in body and spirit.

Fort - He he. Couldn't resist putting this here for you.

mctrusty
August 22nd, 2008, 12:23 PM

"Serenade"

Dream girl of Sigma Chi,
Sweetheart of Sigma Chi.
Girl of our serenade.

Schmaltz like this makes me cringe.

JMiller
August 22nd, 2008, 12:29 PM
Schmaltz like this makes me cringe.

I wonder who was the original author? :whiteflag:

mattson
August 22nd, 2008, 01:04 PM
I remember a Summer Sanders interview a while back... she says that swimmers do "hook up" after the swimming is over at the Olympics.

I'll bet the next NYP article will be that Phelps is going out with Sanders.
(The one after that will have him going out with a mermaid, bigfoot, or ET.)

USMSarah
August 22nd, 2008, 01:11 PM
I'll bet the next NYP article will be that Phelps is going out with Sanders.
(The one after that will have him going out with a mermaid, bigfoot, or ET.)

It's funny that it's gone from Beard, some other girl, and now onto Rice. I'm sure the future mermaid will be in Ok! magazine, not NYP. Hee.

;)

USMSarah
August 22nd, 2008, 01:12 PM

Maybe Geek can come up with a better word than hookup.

:D

aquageek
August 22nd, 2008, 01:14 PM
Maybe Geek can come up with a better word than hookup.

:D

Sex

mctrusty
August 22nd, 2008, 01:15 PM
Sex

That's pretty unambiguous.

USMSarah
August 22nd, 2008, 01:22 PM
Sex

I'm disappointed.

The Fortress
August 22nd, 2008, 01:27 PM
I'm disappointed.

Not nearly up to his "loco mcstupid" standards.

Seagurl51
August 22nd, 2008, 01:31 PM
If you are strongly against asking someone to hook up with you, just ask if they want to come over and kick it -or- do you like sushi?

*Note to parents, don't panic. Just like hook up, kick it can mean hang out in a totally plutonic way.

gull
August 22nd, 2008, 01:41 PM
I'm disappointed.

He hears that a lot.

knelson
August 22nd, 2008, 01:52 PM
*Note to parents, don't panic. Just like hook up, kick it can mean hang out in a totally plutonic way.

I think you meant "platonic." I like plutonic, though. It sounds so explosive. :)

"Do you like sushi?" is actually some sort of come-on? You learn something new every day!

aquageek
August 22nd, 2008, 02:08 PM
Being a married man, I don't like ambiguity in regards to the most beneficial aspects of the marital relationship. A sliding scale of possibilities confuses me. I like to know my chances in pretty EZ to understand terms. For instance when I hear "you are a terrible husband and you spend too much time at the gym" I know this means something markedly different from "you are a terrible husband but at least you have a job" - game on!

gobears
August 22nd, 2008, 02:18 PM
I think you meant "platonic." I like plutonic, though. It sounds so explosive. :)

That made me laugh out loud...:lolup:

swimshark
August 22nd, 2008, 02:41 PM

Bumping pull buoys. Is that better?

knelson
August 22nd, 2008, 02:49 PM
Bumping pull buoys. Is that better?

Better than the alternative. If you don't "hook up" you have to face the ignominy of telling your lanemates the next morning that you went home and did a "pull set" before going to bed.

Midas
August 22nd, 2008, 02:49 PM
"Hooking up" was in the lexicon back in my college days, so I have no problems with it. You do realize that railing on about it makes you seem old, don't you?

:bolt:

USMSarah
August 22nd, 2008, 03:07 PM

Better than the alternative. If you don't "hook up" you have to face the ignominy of telling your lanemates the next morning that you went home and did a "pull set" before going to bed.

aquageek
August 22nd, 2008, 03:09 PM
"Hooking up" was in the lexicon back in my college days, so I have no problems with it. You do realize that railing on about it makes you seem old, don't you?

:bolt:

Some of us are old.

Ron Lockman
August 22nd, 2008, 03:19 PM
Phelps junior

Ron Lockman
August 22nd, 2008, 03:23 PM
Oh boo! My cartoon didn`t post. It shows a sperm approaching an egg and he is way ahead of the rest of the ...pack!

Ron Lockman
August 22nd, 2008, 05:26 PM
Here goes again

geochuck
August 22nd, 2008, 05:39 PM
After winning 8 gold medals Phelps is returnig to his old training tank http://www.theonion.com/content/news/michael_phelps_returns_to_his_tank

tjrpatt
August 22nd, 2008, 05:44 PM
After winning 8 gold medals Phelps is returnig to his old training tank http://www.theonion.com/content/news/michael_phelps_returns_to_his_tank

too funny!

tjrpatt
August 22nd, 2008, 06:59 PM
Does Debbie Phelps have a new boyfriend? Debbie has to watch for gold diggers after her son's money and Michael and his sisters has to watch out for "K-Fed like Older Men" after their mom's Chicos money. Of course, if this new rumor is true.

Michael Phelps wins 8 gold medals and the swimming world goes mainstream(for now). Mama Phelps get endorsements and a press tour. Swimming parties attendants tip off Page Six. Phelps is a big fixture on Page Six and Perez Hilton. Is Michael going to replace Britney, Paris, and Jolie on the gossip rags. Then again, it would be nice to go to the supermarket and see someone different on these covers. I wonder if the paparazzi will start a bureau(or whatever they do) in Baltimore.

The Fortress
August 22nd, 2008, 11:47 PM
I have a "friend" who took up the t.v. offer to try Match.com for free. He swears he did not know who Debbie's son was. He can't help it if he fell in love. I, I mean he, have financial problems but that's separate from my, I mean his, love for Debbie.

--Ryan, I mean Leslie, Locht--er, Livingston
:smooch:

mattson
August 23rd, 2008, 05:27 PM
http://black20.com/article/my-boyfriend-best-boyfriend-all-time

The Fortress
August 23rd, 2008, 10:37 PM
I have a "friend" who took up the t.v. offer to try Match.com for free. He swears he did not know who Debbie's son was. He can't help it if he fell in love. I, I mean he, have financial problems but that's separate from my, I mean his, love for Debbie.

--Ryan, I mean Leslie, Locht--er, Livingston
:smooch:

Somebody's been abusing their guest privileges!

tjrpatt
August 26th, 2008, 01:31 PM
Some former table tennis players said somewhere that basically, Michael Phelps is a geek. Ah, if Michael Phelps is a geek, then there aren't words to describe this former table tennis player. Michael Phelps is a freaking stallion. Winning 14 gold medals omits him from being described a geek.

ande
August 30th, 2008, 06:59 AM
"The National Enquirer reports that goofy looking Olympic gold medalist Michael Phelps and American Idol contestant, Carrie Underwood, have planned their first date after days of texting."

tjrpatt
August 30th, 2008, 07:11 PM
Just keep him away from Lohan("Lezlo") and whatever diseases she carries, allegedly. Phelps is becoming a fixture with the supermarket tabloids. Michael Phelps is a step up from Tony Romo and that guy on Gossip Girl. Phelps is not goofy looking. I don't just get how he gets all that food he eats into such a small mouth. Carrie Underwood is the catch of the last 10 years.

knelson
August 31st, 2008, 12:29 AM
Phelps is not goofy looking.

Huh. You sure about that?

Seagurl51
August 31st, 2008, 12:46 AM
Huh. You sure about that?

Very very sure. :banana:

I think it's awesome that he's getting so much press. Even if it is in gossip magazines his name is getting out there and so his how he came to acquire his medals. This is going help swimming in the long run. Any time you have a celebrity people like to know how they got there and want to try it for themselves. I think he has his head on straight enough (or at least his agent does hopefully) to make the most of this press.

tjrpatt
August 31st, 2008, 06:42 PM
I saw the National Enquirer and it said on the cover that Carrie Underwood and Michael Phelps sneaked off together. That headline was too funny but the National Enquirer have been breaking alot of stories ie John Edwards.

Sooner
August 31st, 2008, 08:45 PM

"Serenade"

Dream girl of Sigma Chi,
Sweetheart of Sigma Chi.
Girl of our serenade.

oh, yes. The Sweetheart of Sigma Chi. A classic.

ande
September 2nd, 2008, 10:45 AM
here's a few tidbits

Michael Phelps is not dating Stephanie Rice.
And rumors linking him to American Idol champion Carrie Underwood appear to be fleeting.
The latest possibility for Phelps' girlfriend, thereforei, is Nicole Johnson, a former Miss California USA runner up. While she told People Magazine, that she and the Olympic icon are just friends, Phelps said:
"I never said I have a girlfriend, and I never said I don't have a girlfriend. My public and private life are separate. I keep my private life to myself."

wonder if there's any truth to this one

Washington (ANI): Hollywood actress Lindsay Lohan, who was rumoured to be dating gal pal DJ Samantha Ronson, seems to have now fallen for Michael Phelps, the Olympic golden boy. The actress is reported to be begging the US swimmer to take her out for a date. However, the 23-year-old is not so interested in the offer, according to sources.

But the Mean Girls star is leaving no stone unturned to land the opportunity. "At first he thought it was a joke when she got in touch. But she's since been phoning and texting constantly. It's become a running joke in his camp. Lindsay has been trying to meet up with him," Contactmusic quoted a source, as telling Britain's Daily Mirror.

"They're both going to the MTV Video Music Awards next month so they'll be sure to see each other properly then. Phelps is certainly flattered by all the attention but it's not clear how seriously he's taking it all," the source added.

Meanwhile, Lindsay's dad Michael Lohan has launched a scathing attack on the actress' close friend Ronson, insisting that she's using his daughter to gain publicity. Michael has accused DJ Ronson of using Lindsay to boost her fame after hearing the news that Ronson may write a 'tell-all' book about her life.

geochuck
September 2nd, 2008, 12:19 PM
It is so important to swimming that we know who Michael Phelps is supposedly dating.

It is almost as important as whether he is going to retire or continue swimming?

It is probably more important then whether he is going to continue being coached by his present coach or if he is going to be coached by team Darra?

Is this the rumour thread? Are we soon going to hear that Phelps is going to fly in a space craft? Phelps enlisting in The Army or The Navy?

Or is all the stuff here just plain old gossip?

Chrissy
October 21st, 2008, 12:35 AM
Okay what is going on???? I was just on Aus Yahoo and lookie at what I saw:

http://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/b/newidea/18298/stephanie-and-michaels-romantic-reunion/

Looks like Phelps has fallen hard for Australia's Stephanie Rice, according to this article Steph has flown to the US and was seen in Phelps home town and they were both spotted together looking very couply. What's more apparently Phelps has fallen so hard he has taken Steph to meet his mum and sisters. What the???? Is this true or what????

Okay I'm just an aussie girl and the media here is not as huge as it is in the US and since this place is crawling with US members, I was just wanting to ask do you guys know of this and is it true?????