PDA

View Full Version : USA Long Course Meet

ratthedog
April 11th, 2003, 12:00 PM
The Palatine Swim Team is sending me info on a "split" LCM meet. Half the events on the first week with the balance the second. I spoke with the meet director who was very excited about the concept of IM participation.
Day Events
Friday June 13 TBD
Friday June 20 TBD
Call or email me if you're interested in joining me. We'll blow off work and play hookie together.
847-866-2208 days
847-490-1767 home
ratthedog@surfinbox.com

MPohlmann
April 14th, 2003, 07:57 PM
Hi, Craig,

Unfortunately, I will be out of the area on your proposed dates, but I hope everyone will come to the LCM meet at Southern Illinois University in Carbondale, IL, July 27th. We have our sanction and the pool is measured. It's a fast pool and several National records have been set there in the past.

Does Palatine plan to get sanctions for these meets?

Please contact Nadine Day <NDAYPT@aol.com> and let her know the plans.

Mary

jbfisher
April 16th, 2003, 06:36 PM
i am not familiar with the Palatine Swim Team. Is that the Buehler Breakers, who swim in Palatine?

MPohlmann
April 16th, 2003, 06:51 PM
I think that Palatine Swim Club is a USA Swimming team, not a USMS club. I believe that in order for Masters swimmers to swim at a USA Swim meet, we would each need to join USA Swimming.

I mentioned getting a Masters sanction, but I don't think that alone would work. Our times would count, though, for USMS top ten, etc., if we sent them to Joe Magiera in a timely fashion. I would also imagine we'd need to be sure that the pool was measured.

Mary