PDA

View Full Version : Best stroke coach to start out right

Gills
August 25th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Hi there,

As a newbie, I'm mainly trying to do this for getting in shape, at least for starters. My previous experience as a high school swimmer in the old days, I was pretty much self taught, and I've now forgotten lots of what I learned.

What I'd like to get from some of you in the Gulf Region is who would be the best person to work with me individually on perfecting my stroke/s?
All things being equal, I think an older female coach would be ideal, but not to sacrifice ability in coaching for this.
I really need a coach in the southwest area of Houston if at all possible, due to schedule.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Sincerely,
Gills

Brian Stack
August 25th, 2008, 09:55 PM
Hi there,

As a newbie, I'm mainly trying to do this for getting in shape, at least for starters. My previous experience as a high school swimmer in the old days, I was pretty much self taught, and I've now forgotten lots of what I learned.

What I'd like to get from some of you in the Gulf Region is who would be the best person to work with me individually on perfecting my stroke/s?
All things being equal, I think an older female coach would be ideal, but not to sacrifice ability in coaching for this.
I really need a coach in the southwest area of Houston if at all possible, due to schedule.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Sincerely,
Gills
I'm not in the Gulf Region and my recommendation is not an older woman coach, so I hope I'm not disqualified, but I'd suggest Emmett Hines. He's a great stroke coach, and old enough to help you figure out what you need.
Check out his website at www.H2oustonswims.org, you'll learn a lot about strokes and Emmett just by reading his prose on the hows and whys of swimming.