PDA

View Full Version : Medal Engraver at 2003 State Meet

carlsaxton
April 14th, 2003, 05:59 PM
I spoke with the engraver after Sunday's events, and he figured he'd engraved only about 100 medals. We'll discuss more at the CMSA meeting next week, but I just wanted to get some feedback on the engraver.

Was it worth it? Should we bring back an engraver next year? Was cost an issue?

In speaking with Ambees Engraving, they would be willing to come back next year, but only for Sunday. Since he only did 100 medals this year, only being present for 1 day does not seem to be a problem. However, if we were able to negotiate a lower price (say $2/medal), would this increase participation?

As information, the $3/medal rate was a rate I came up with based on my experience at Nationals in Santa Clara 2 years ago.

Matt S
April 16th, 2003, 10:14 AM
I was not at the meet this year (but I was last year). However, I have used the services of an engraver at every meet that has offered it. Price is not much of a concern to me (within reason); personalizing any achievment is well worth the price.

mattson
April 16th, 2003, 03:18 PM
Hey Carl, there are two things working against me using the engraver:
1) Real hard to engrave those 8th place ribbons :mad: :D
2) Grew up with age group AAU/USS summer meets, where medals grew on trees. I like to hold onto keepsakes (like the plaque at LC Nats), but probably not enough to engrave state meet medals.

Obviously, Matt S feels different. I just thought I would offer two possible reasons.