PDA

View Full Version : phunny phelps commercial

ande
August 31st, 2008, 12:07 PM
what do you think of this rosetta stone commercial with phelps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R228MSqhm8

pwolf66
August 31st, 2008, 12:08 PM
My wife broke up laughing when he ripped his pants off. I liked the timing the dog part.

Frank Ott
August 31st, 2008, 05:49 PM
I have a hard time believeing he was really training in Chinese speak when I think all he did was eat, sleep, and swim.

tjrpatt
August 31st, 2008, 06:39 PM
the commercial was funny. I don't think that he will have any issues on SNL. Let's hope the SNL writing staff gives him the same kind of material that they would write for an A-List Movie Star.

One more thing, you know that he didn't learn Chinese for a month's stay in Beijing. Then again, he does have a Chinese endorsement so he probably used it for endorsement business.

chowmi
September 1st, 2008, 11:16 AM
Yeah, but he didn't actually speak any Chinese!!! Then again, I seriously considered buying Rosetta Stone to brush up on mine!

Someone sent me this thread, so I won't take credit for finding it. Haven't been trolling forums lately, (i've been very busy with work!) so not sure if it's been posted already:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhjwnsVUeto

LindsayNB
September 1st, 2008, 12:30 PM
It's the 4th time I've seen it posted here :D

It reminded me of how similar his beating of the water etc was to what Kitajima did in Athens that several people here objected to (and I don't mean the faked splashing in this spoof), reinforcing that "celebration" versus taunting or whatever is highly subjective. Someone mentioned to me during the Olympics that there was an article someplace about how the arm pumping, muscle flexing type of stuff after a successful intense physical stress is actually an innate reflexive behavior common to all cultures.

chowmi
September 2nd, 2008, 06:11 PM
4th time boy am I out of the loop!

I've been busy because I am the Chapter 7 Trustee over the Bennigan's and Steak and Ale bankruptcies. See you all later when I get a life again!

Until then - i'm on semi-permanent taper!! My big meet may have to be the xmas relay meet with fun relays. I can still do those!