PDA

View Full Version : What happened?

bubblefish
September 3rd, 2008, 09:56 AM
Hi everyone,
So I made top ten in SCY for this year (number 10 in the 200 breast) and suddenly my time has been pushed off by someone else. I thought the list was preliminary only for typo correction, and that there were strict submission deadlines...?

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

This was my only individual top ten for the year, so now I'm feeling pretty :sad:

tjrpatt
September 3rd, 2008, 10:03 AM
they put the first draft up and so people can report any errors and stuff. It is not uncommon to be on the list one day and when the final version comes out, you aren't on there.

matysekj
September 3rd, 2008, 10:16 AM
Hi everyone,
So I made top ten in SCY for this year (number 10 in the 200 breast) and suddenly my time has been pushed off by someone else. I thought the list was preliminary only for typo correction, and that there were strict submission deadlines...?

There are strict submission deadlines, and meets that were not submitted by those deadlines are not added. However, I know that there has been at least one occasion in the past of a meet that WAS submitted on time but somehow was left off the preliminary published list and added for the final results. I don't know if this happened for SCY or not or any details of your case, but yes, it can happen.

quicksilver
September 3rd, 2008, 11:06 AM
Hi everyone,

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

This was my only individual top ten for the year, so now I'm feeling pretty :sad:

A few times I've had results that better number 6 or 7 on the list, but for some reason our local meets don't always get sent in to the data base.
It all depends on the event directors, and if they send in the meet manager results.

It sounds as if a last minute meet result may have been submitted which would explain why you got bumped.

Allen Stark
September 5th, 2008, 09:56 PM
I had a meet once not submit times correctly so when the preliminary times came out I wasn't on it.I got the official results to our LMSC Top Ten person and she took care of it.