PDA

View Full Version : Question about Pre-practice/meet Eating

Skaterbaj
September 4th, 2008, 09:02 PM
So i have swim practice every morning before i start school at 5am,..i usually just wake up, get my G2 out freezer and head to swim practice..Well i stopped drinking G2 and just drink water during practice because the G2 gives my stomach issues and when practice is over i dont stop at a fast food place to get food. Well i guess that wasnt power bar related but. I just got a pack of vanilla crisp power bards(i have had them before) and i was wondering is it ok if i eat maybe like half of it before practice and the rest after? also i have my first meet of the season this weekend and was also wondering if it good to eat power bars during meets? like maybe after a warm down take a couple bites. Im trying to eat a little beat healthier this time around soi just got some bagels to eat the morning of the swim meat. Im a little afraid of the bananas even though i know they can help prevent cramps..I think

tjrpatt
September 4th, 2008, 10:05 PM
during a meet, I would do the Power Gel. They seem to work well with me.

In the morning, maybe wait til after practice to eat.

geochuck
September 5th, 2008, 09:56 AM
Real food is my preference. Most Gels energy bars are full of carbs. Give me a little protein, carbs and fat. A poached egg, one whole wheat toast, one slice of bacon and butter on the toast. My before swim intake is bacon, eggs and spuds. Before a marathon race the quantity used to be large.Now I have smaller servings.