PDA

View Full Version : Mason Sprint Classic

pwolf66
September 5th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Is being held Sunday 26 October 2008 at George Mason University. This is a very fun, fast meet held at a very nice facility.

More information can be found here:

www.patriotmasters.org (http://www.patriotmasters.org)

50s just a little too long for you? Try your hand at the 25 sprints for each stroke. Come challenge last years fastest man, Warren and fastest woman, Fortress.

Look forward to seeing you there.

pwolf66
September 5th, 2008, 10:31 AM
OK, who wants to Gridge? I have not yet decided on what I am swimming so the sky is pretty much the limit for me.

SwimStud
September 5th, 2008, 04:43 PM
OK, who wants to Gridge? I have not yet decided on what I am swimming so the sky is pretty much the limit for me.
50 FL?
I'll enter my 50 FL time from last year.. of 36.xx if you want...

pwolf66
September 5th, 2008, 04:57 PM
50 FL?
I'll enter my 50 FL time from last year.. of 36.xx if you want...

Riiiiiight. Not falling for THAT trick again. :doh:

How about my 200 IM versus your 200 free straight up? :groovy: Or my 100 IM versus your 100 Free straight up?

Or make a suggestion.

SwimStud
September 5th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Riiiiiight. Not falling for THAT trick again. :doh:

How about my 200 IM versus your 200 free straight up? :groovy: Or my 100 IM versus your 100 Free straight up?

Or make a suggestion.

LOL convert the FLY from LCM down to SCY and the converted time is 33.22 seconds (says great bay masters)...I'm getting so damn good at FL soon Fort will back out of our BR/FL combo gridge...

The Fortress
September 5th, 2008, 06:14 PM
LOL convert the FLY from LCM down to SCY and the converted time is 33.22 seconds (says great bay masters)...I'm getting so damn good at FL soon Fort will back out of our BR/FL combo gridge...

I swam my once a year evilststroke. :weightlifter: And now I am back to only recognizing and practicing the 3 strokes. And who wants to waste a race at a real sprint meet on frog stuff. :eeew:

25s!! :bliss:

pwolf66
September 5th, 2008, 06:28 PM

So you're 33.22 versus what? My 26.03? Not liking that line up as my fly has really not gone very far in the last 4 months.

SwimStud
September 5th, 2008, 08:59 PM
So you're 33.22 versus what? My 26.03? Not liking that line up as my fly has really not gone very far in the last 4 months.
I'll go easy on and do it one arm...

I don't think I'll drop much again...

Chris Stevenson
September 5th, 2008, 11:04 PM
There is a slight chance I'll show up, possibly dragging others from Richmond.

If I do then in honor of the occasion I will only do 50s and 25s...old-school grab start and all. Though I may break down and enter the 100IM (first time ever).

pwolf66
September 6th, 2008, 07:38 AM

If I do then in honor of the occasion I will only do 50s and 25s...old-school grab start and all. Though I may break down and enter the 100IM (first time ever).

Um, Chris, there's no need for you to swim. Really, it's OK. Just stay home and relax (unless of course you have had your 45th B'Day, in which case come on over)

Chris Stevenson
September 6th, 2008, 09:01 AM
Um, Chris, there's no need for you to swim. Really, it's OK. Just stay home and relax (unless of course you have had your 45th B'Day, in which case come on over)

So nice to feel the love. But let's not get ahead of ourselves, I'm still 43 (bday in about a month).

Swimalison
September 6th, 2008, 02:18 PM

Hi,
You wouldn't happen to swim in Midlothian, VA do you? What part of Richmond? I swam at that club in Midlothian on their Master's team (used to be called Riverside Health/Fitness Center).

The Fortress
September 6th, 2008, 03:13 PM

What is this?! You're the drop dead sprinter. You should be saying "Bring it!"

This is a cool sprint meet too: http://www.ncmasters.org/forms/138-06.pdf Think I'm going. Have to figure out what events I'm swimming in each meet so I can have some good gridges! At least neither meet starts at the crack of dawn. :bed:. (Just had to use the new smiley.)

Although this bliss smiley is pretty cool. :bliss:

Chris Stevenson
September 6th, 2008, 03:54 PM
What is this?! You're the drop dead sprinter. You should be saying "Bring it!"

This is a cool sprint meet too: http://www.ncmasters.org/forms/138-06.pdf Think I'm going. Have to figure out what events I'm swimming in each meet so I can have some good gridges! At least neither meet starts at the crack of dawn. :bed:. (Just had to use the new smiley.)

Although this bliss smiley is pretty cool. :bliss:

That's the new pool in Cary, it is pretty nice. Practices are just starting up, though, and I need some training under my belt before swimming in meets.

I like what I saw another poster do with the smileys:
:bliss:
:bed::bed:

It is the "alarm clock for parents" smiley!

Chris Stevenson
September 6th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Hi,
You wouldn't happen to swim in Midlothian, VA do you? What part of Richmond? I swam at that club in Midlothian on their Master's team (used to be called Riverside Health/Fitness Center).

Now it is owned by ACAC (http://richmond.acac.com/). Most of the Richmond branch of VMST trains there. I used to swim there exclusively -- I still go maybe once every week or two -- but the last two years I've been swimming with the small masters group at NOVA, in Short Pump.

SwimStud
September 6th, 2008, 04:20 PM
That's the new pool in Cary, it is pretty nice. Practices are just starting up, though, and I need some training under my belt before swimming in meets.

I like what I saw another poster do with the smileys:
:bliss:
:bed::bed:

It is the "alarm clock for parents" smiley!

That's "Christmas Morning" smiley montage right there Chris!

Swimalison
September 6th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Now it is owned by ACAC (http://richmond.acac.com/). Most of the Richmond branch of VMST trains there. I used to swim there exclusively -- I still go maybe once every week or two -- but the last two years I've been swimming with the small masters group at NOVA, in Short Pump.

Is Jim Miller still coaching there? I miss that team and that pool! I had to BEG to get a Master's team started here in BFE (Elkton, MD)...
I know where Short Pump area is too though! Have fun!

Warren
September 7th, 2008, 08:37 PM
chris, if you come and clay britt shows up too, I may aswell not even swim the 25 backstroke. damn it haha!

Chris Stevenson
September 8th, 2008, 09:37 PM
chris, if you come and clay britt shows up too, I may aswell not even swim the 25 backstroke. damn it haha!

Sheesh, you sprinters are a cowardly lot... :)

I'm just doing these short little things -- one hesitates to call them "races" -- so I can have more moral authority to badger Fortress into doing some open water swims next summer.

Heck, if Jeff Roddin can win the distance award for Potomac Valley, anything is possible.

The Fortress
September 8th, 2008, 10:02 PM
Sheesh, you sprinters are a cowardly lot... :)

I'm just doing these short little things -- one hesitates to call them "races" -- so I can have more moral authority to badger Fortress into doing some open water swims next summer.

Heck, if Jeff Roddin can win the distance award for Potomac Valley, anything is possible.

What?! Did I not just chastise Hulk for his "woe is me ... I can't win" approach?! Now, I will be happy -- ecstatic even -- to gridge you in the 50 fly even though you are not Michael Ross. (I'm doing the 50 back in NC.) How 'bout whoever is closest to their best time? I'll naturally entertain other proposals as well.

Who has time to do OW when LC season is upon one? The only OW swim I'd contemplate for fun is Nutt's fin division in Bonaire! Wait, no, forget it, that's the same weekend as the Dolan meet. Every fun event/meet known to mankind is that weekend. :rant3:

Jeff Roddin would never have won said award without you now who! (Although I do concede he has less body fat than me, and even less business in the OW.)

Chris Stevenson
September 9th, 2008, 10:14 AM
What?! Did I not just chastise Hulk for his "woe is me ... I can't win" approach?! Now, I will be happy -- ecstatic even -- to gridge you in the 50 fly even though you are not Michael Ross. (I'm doing the 50 back in NC.) How 'bout whoever is closest to their best time? I'll naturally entertain other proposals as well.

You can't do both 50 fly and 50 back? They're like 12 races apart! Oh yeah, I forgot...YOU'RE A SPRINTER. You wouldn't have time to dry-clean your cheatin' suit between events.

Sure a 50 fly gridge is fine. My best time in the past 5 years is 24.13; I'll use it as my entry time. I admit that this is an unrested/unshaved time but I have never swum the race at a big meet so it's all I have. To compensate I won't wear a cheatin' suit at the meet.

On another topic: how fast does the meet run?

The Fortress
September 9th, 2008, 11:14 AM
You can't do both 50 fly and 50 back? They're like 12 races apart! Oh yeah, I forgot...YOU'RE A SPRINTER. You wouldn't have time to dry-clean your cheatin' suit between events.

Sure a 50 fly gridge is fine. My best time in the past 5 years is 24.13; I'll use it as my entry time. I admit that this is an unrested/unshaved time but I have never swum the race at a big meet so it's all I have. To compensate I won't wear a cheatin' suit at the meet.

On another topic: how fast does the meet run?

I'm not swimming the 50 back because I am swimming the 100 fly! :weightlifter: (Which is not a sprint in masters, BTW.) I bugged the meet director to change the order of events this year, and this is how he takes revenge on me. More back to back fly-back events.

If you're using an "unrested" time, I will have to find one too. My best time is 27.6 from Austin. But I was rested big time. So that's not a fair comparison.

The meet runs quickly and is usually over by around 2:00.

Chris Stevenson
September 9th, 2008, 01:32 PM
I'm not swimming the 50 back because I am swimming the 100 fly! :weightlifter: (Which is not a sprint in masters, BTW.) I bugged the meet director to change the order of events this year, and this is how he takes revenge on me. More back to back fly-back events.

If you're using an "unrested" time, I will have to find one too. My best time is 27.6 from Austin. But I was rested big time. So that's not a fair comparison.

The meet runs quickly and is usually over by around 2:00.

Deal, your best unrested (within 5 year window) against mine, closest wins bragging rights until the next Sprint Classic. (Unless you want to race for beer?)

And good job entering 100 fly, nothing like race experience. I am considering reneging on my vow to avoid anything above 50, and enter the 100 back instead of the 50 free (an event I loathe swimming).

Warren
September 9th, 2008, 03:25 PM
I'm in really poor health right now. I just hope i can get in midiocre shape before this meet.

Fortress, thanks for changing the order of events. Last time my best 4 events were all in the second half of the meet so I only did two events. This year I'm going to do 50 free, 50 breast, 50 fly and the 4 25's maybe not 25 back though.

The Fortress
September 9th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Deal, your best unrested (within 5 year window) against mine, closest wins bragging rights until the next Sprint Classic. (Unless you want to race for beer?)

And good job entering 100 fly, nothing like race experience. I am considering reneging on my vow to avoid anything above 50, and enter the 100 back instead of the 50 free (an event I loathe swimming).

Last year, I swam 28.8 at the sprint classic. (Rested just a couple days for the meet, which I always do.) So that's what I'll enter myself at. Beer AND bragging rights!

I'm actually not all that fond of the 50 free either. But I'm swimming the 100 back at NC too, so will skip that event here. It is also about a nanosecond before the 25s!

Don't worry, Warren! Most of us are either sick or injured or tired much of the time. lol. You don't need to be in great shape for 25s and 50s.

SwimStud
September 9th, 2008, 04:06 PM
I'm in really poor health right now. I just hope i can get in midiocre shape before this meet.

Fortress, thanks for changing the order of events. Last time my best 4 events were all in the second half of the meet so I only did two events. This year I'm going to do 50 free, 50 breast, 50 fly and the 4 25's maybe not 25 back though.

Waren, like Fort Said...you should just get used to it. As you get older the aggravations just get worse! You have to do all 25's to defend you title!
Even I will be doing that this time.

The Fortress
September 9th, 2008, 05:50 PM
This year I'm going to do 50 free, 50 breast, 50 fly and the 4 25's maybe not 25 back though.

Sign up for the 25 back, Warren! Last year, the 25s were scored by giving points for 1st, 2nd 3rd place. This year, there is a proposal to score them using cumulative time. If that were to happen, you wouldn't be eligible for the Fastest Man Award without the 25 back. So don't take any chances. And get well!

Warren
September 9th, 2008, 07:13 PM
Sign up for the 25 back, Warren! Last year, the 25s were scored by giving points for 1st, 2nd 3rd place. This year, there is a proposal to score them using cumulative time. If that were to happen, you wouldn't be eligible for the Fastest Man Award without the 25 back. So don't take any chances. And get well!

Using cumulative time is a terrible idea. Someone could win 3 events and not win the fastest man award.

The Fortress
September 9th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Using cumulative time is a terrible idea. Someone could win 3 events and not win the fastest man award.

I didn't propose it! And it was not even proposed by an evilstroker. But, you could end up in the same place. I didn't place in the top 3 in BR last year and squeaked by. I frankly doubt it will happen because it would take more time to calculate.

Chris Stevenson
September 9th, 2008, 08:47 PM
Last year, I swam 28.8 at the sprint classic. (Rested just a couple days for the meet, which I always do.) So that's what I'll enter myself at. Beer AND bragging rights!

28.8, huh? I think I'm being hustled...

As far as using cumulative 25 times for the "fastest" award...isn't that what 100IMs are for?

My 25 breast will be good for a big laugh. Hey, we can probably have a second gridge, a straight-up race in the 25 breast. Honestly I have about the slowest breaststroke you can imagine. (You should have seen JR blow by me in the 400 IM and he's not even an evilstroker, though I sure made him look like one.)

The Fortress
September 9th, 2008, 09:33 PM
28.8, huh? I think I'm being hustled...

As far as using cumulative 25 times for the "fastest" award...isn't that what 100IMs are for?

My 25 breast will be good for a big laugh. Hey, we can probably have a second gridge, a straight-up race in the 25 breast. Honestly I have about the slowest breaststroke you can imagine. (You should have seen JR blow by me in the 400 IM and he's not even an evilstroker, though I sure made him look like one.)

Well, you can check the results from last year: http://www.patriotmasters.org/Sprint.Classic.2007.Results.htm. That's the time I swam. (Remember I'm a better LC swimmer. Although I did improve quite a bit in the sprint SC flys this last year.) But, FINE, I'll give you a 28.1 for purposes of our gridge. That's only half second slower than my fastest time in one of the fastest pool in the country completely rested. Any more complaints?

No, I'm worse in evilstroke, trust me. My last 100 IM splits: 29/37. I stayed underwater way too long the first 50. Plus, cumulative time doesn't really translate to the 100 IM if you're a drop dead sprinter. I beat my coach out for the fastest woman award, but she beat me in the 100 IM. Rather embarrassing, but I will try to kick her ass this year anyway.

Chris Stevenson
September 10th, 2008, 12:07 AM
Well, you can check the results from last year...

Oh, I'm just joking around, 28.8 would be fine by me since that's what you did last year. Going much faster than that would be pretty significant, well worth a beer.

pwolf66
September 10th, 2008, 10:13 AM
can I get in on this? Last year I went 27.67 :drink:

The Fortress
September 10th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Oh, I'm just joking around, 28.8 would be fine by me since that's what you did last year. Going much faster than that would be pretty significant, well worth a beer.

So was I ... But I hope I'll go faster than 28.8 and I plan to wear my B70. We can split the difference at 28.4.

Now Hulk is definitely hustling us, as he just went a 29 in meters ...

pwolf66
September 10th, 2008, 11:03 AM
So was I ... But I hope I'll go faster than 28.8 and I plan to wear my B70. We can split the difference at 28.4.

Now Hulk is definitely hustling us, as he just went a 29 in meters ...

Hustling? Moi?????? :rolleyes:

You were talking about times from last year. That 27.67 was my time from last year.

How about 27.1? :drink:

Chris Stevenson
September 10th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Hustling? Moi?????? :rolleyes:

You were talking about times from last year. That 27.67 was my time from last year.

How about 27.1? :drink:

What was with that 27.67 weak stuff you were trying to pass? You went 27.3 (unrested) at the VMST meet in February -- the same meet I took my time from -- and have gotten faster since.

But I'm willing to accept 27.0. Or a straight-up race in 25 breast.

pwolf66
September 10th, 2008, 02:03 PM
What was with that 27.67 weak stuff you were trying to pass? You went 27.3 (unrested) at the VMST meet in February -- the same meet I took my time from -- and have gotten faster since.

Wanted to see who would bite. :thhbbb:

Since I've gone 26.03 at Nats and 29.32 at LCM Nats, I guess 25 Breast it is. Ugh.

The Fortress
September 10th, 2008, 04:08 PM
I guess 25 Breast it is.

That'll be a real highlight of the meet. :afraid:

I just realized that I will be celebrating an anniversary at the Sprint Classic. It was my first ever masters meet. (I swam in a speedo endurance suit. lol) 3 years of meets since then! :banana:

I think it was Hulk's first masters meet too.

pwolf66
September 10th, 2008, 04:15 PM
That'll be a real highlight of the meet. :afraid:

I just realized that I will be celebrating an anniversary at the Sprint Classic. It was my first ever masters meet. (I swam in a speedo endurance suit. lol) 3 years of meets since then! :banana:

I think it was Hulk's first masters meet too.

Congrats, Fort!!!! :cheerleader:

Yeah, nothing like 2 backstrokers and a freestyler gridging a 25 Breaststroke sprint. Wheeeeeeeeee. :doh: Alert the media and hand out barf bags. :eeew:

And yes, that was my first meet as a Master. :weightlifter:

Sep 15th is my 1 year anniversary as a Masters swimmer. Go me. :banana:

SwimStud
September 10th, 2008, 05:37 PM

I'll have some 25 BR..I have no clue if I even have a shot but I'm in!

Chris Stevenson
September 10th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Wanted to see who would bite. :thhbbb:

Since I've gone 26.03 at Nats and 29.32 at LCM Nats, I guess 25 Breast it is. Ugh.

It occurs to me that 26.5 is just about exactly between Fort's and my unrested times. So here's a goal for you at the meet: to be closer to my time than to Fort's, or wear your "girly man" label proudly.

If you're closer to my time, I'll buy you a beer. If you're closer to Fort, you owe her one. (I'm sure I'll be winning beers on the 25 BR and also my gridge with Fort so I can be generous.)

Warren
September 10th, 2008, 06:13 PM
I'm looking forward to the 25 breast

pwolf66
September 10th, 2008, 08:04 PM
It occurs to me that 26.5 is just about exactly between Fort's and my unrested times. So here's a goal for you at the meet: to be closer to my time than to Fort's, or wear your "girly man" label proudly.

If you're closer to my time, I'll buy you a beer. If you're closer to Fort, you owe her one. (I'm sure I'll be winning beers on the 25 BR and also my gridge with Fort so I can be generous.)

Oh man, is this some smack talking or what?

You do realize that you only get ONE dolphin kick in breaststroke riiiight? And that your arms have to stay UNDER the water at all times??? Not sure if you're clear on those limitations.

The Fortress
September 10th, 2008, 08:16 PM
You do realize that you only get ONE dolphin kick in breaststroke riiiight? And that your arms have to stay UNDER the water at all times??? Not sure if you're clear on those limitations.

They don't seem to enforce this rule very well, girly man.

Chris Stevenson
September 10th, 2008, 10:07 PM
You do realize that you only get ONE dolphin kick in breaststroke riiiight? Not sure if you're clear on those limitations.

Oh it is much worse than that...with my knees, breastroke pull is about all I can manage, the legs don't really provide any propulsion. I swim breaststroke so infrequently that I honestly have no idea what time to enter in the 25.

So? :)

pwolf66
September 10th, 2008, 10:08 PM
They don't seem to enforce this rule very well, girly man.

You TOO? Geez, gonna have to really open a Costco sized can of whoop-arse.

What, since I have such wide shoulders you BOTH want to pile on?

Warren
September 28th, 2008, 08:16 PM
I finally got my registration and after a month break from the pool due to flag football, ill be returning to practice tomorrow. So it looks like I wont be very well trained for the classic, this could be rough...

mjgold
September 29th, 2008, 12:19 AM
Wait a sec...your arms have to stay underwater in breast? Since when? Is this a Masters thing? I thought just the elbows had to be underwater. Nobody's ever called me on my hands being out of the water, which happens quite frequently.

imspoiled
September 29th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Wait a sec...your arms have to stay underwater in breast? Since when? Is this a Masters thing? I thought just the elbows had to be underwater. Nobody's ever called me on my hands being out of the water, which happens quite frequently.

Paul was chiding Chris, who usually swims back & fly.

mjgold
September 29th, 2008, 03:33 PM
Ha, gotcha. It was late, and I was tired. I scare easily after midnight.

swimshark
September 30th, 2008, 07:36 AM
I finally got my registration and after a month break from the pool due to flag football, ill be returning to practice tomorrow. So it looks like I wont be very well trained for the classic, this could be rough...

Any sprint is rough for me so you'll be in good company at this meet.

thewookiee
September 30th, 2008, 08:15 AM
I can't believe I am signing up for a "sprint meet" when my best to sprint muscles are in my eyes.

This meet sounds like a lot of fun. I am looking forward to it and being back in the DC area for the weekend...now if I could remember how to tie my suit and not fall off the blocks...mmmmmm.

Chris Stevenson
September 30th, 2008, 10:15 AM
...now if I could remember how to tie my suit and not fall off the blocks...mmmmmm.

If you do, you're doing better than most of these wimpy sprinters... :drink:

thewookiee
September 30th, 2008, 11:33 AM
100 is a sprint for me and 500 is a distace race

mjgold
September 30th, 2008, 01:47 PM
100 is mid-distance for me, and 500 doesn't exist since I am on the dark side of swimming.

swimshark
September 30th, 2008, 03:32 PM
100 is a 25 for me and I die. 500 is a nice long, enjoyable swim. But I'm going to the sprint meet for the fun and to cheer people. May be my last meet with Oregon (now where's that crying smiley)

mjgold
September 30th, 2008, 03:54 PM
When I do my all breaststroke days, I do between 800 and 1500m of just breaststroke, but it's pretty broken up. I could swim 500 of breaststroke at a moderate pace, but I don't see the point. If I'm going to swim 500 of anything, it's front crawl (but that's obvious).

Warren
October 1st, 2008, 08:14 AM
And i still havn't made it to the pool yet. I'm just going to have to wing this thing.

Warren
October 9th, 2008, 01:14 AM
probably not going to go at this point.

daveindc
October 9th, 2008, 09:35 AM
Wish I could go to this one, but I'm not a member of USMS :(

matysekj
October 9th, 2008, 10:26 AM

What's stopping you? Membership in USA Swimming and USMS is not an either-or proposition. Many people are members of both organizations. You're old enough to be a USMS member and you enjoy swimming, so you meet all the qualifications. Why not give it a try? You might enjoy it.

daveindc
October 9th, 2008, 02:12 PM
What's stopping you? Membership in USA Swimming and USMS is not an either-or proposition. Many people are members of both organizations. You're old enough to be a USMS member and you enjoy swimming, so you meet all the qualifications. Why not give it a try? You might enjoy it.

I probably will, but I didn't want to join right now cause the membership only goes through the end of the year if you sign up now which I think is dumb. I signed up for USA just recently and my membership goes through December 2009! Also USMS doesn't have as many meets so I will have to decide next year if I'm willing to do all the travel I'll need to do to compete.

pwolf66
October 9th, 2008, 03:32 PM

Hmm, if you promise to buy the PVS registrar a beer, I'm pretty sure this can happen for you.

pwolf66
October 9th, 2008, 03:38 PM
I probably will, but I didn't want to join right now cause the membership only goes through the end of the year if you sign up now which I think is dumb. I signed up for USA just recently and my membership goes through December 2009! Also USMS doesn't have as many meets so I will have to decide next year if I'm willing to do all the travel I'll need to do to compete.

I'm a member of both and by far, USMS is the cheaper one. But unlike, USA-S, you won't feel like just a face in a crowd at the meets (unless that's what you want to feel like). But it's up to you.

Paul

mjgold
October 9th, 2008, 05:05 PM
I'm a member of both, and there are plenty of masters meets (unless you want to compete every weekend). I'm not sure where you live, but Maryland has a meet every month, there's a meet in NY every couple of months, etc. You can easily do both--that's what I'm doing.

daveindc
October 9th, 2008, 10:42 PM
Sweet, I am registered now. Just got to decide how many events I want to do. I'll see you guys at the meet. I'm doing the 100 Free, 50 Free, 25 Free, and 25 Fly for sure...considering the 100 IM and/or 50 Fly, but I might want to rest. How fast does this meet go?

pwolf66
October 10th, 2008, 07:49 AM
I would suggest no more than 3 events and the 25s. I'm doing the 100 Fly, 50 Fly, 50 Free and all the 25s.

Chris Stevenson
October 10th, 2008, 09:07 AM
I would suggest no more than 3 events and the 25s.

Whoops.

I can't remember exactly, I think I'm doing 50 back, 100IM, 50 fly, 100 back, and the 25s. (What the heck it is only sprinting, not real swimming.)

pwolf66
October 10th, 2008, 09:57 AM
Whoops.

I can't remember exactly, I think I'm doing 50 back, 100IM, 50 fly, 100 back, and the 25s. (What the heck it is only sprinting, not real swimming.)

You're a slightly different animal there, Chris. :thhbbb:

I was going to go 4 and add the 100 IM but since I plan on hammering the 100 Fly I wanted to recover as much as I could for the sprints.

Chris Stevenson
October 10th, 2008, 10:14 AM
...since I plan on hammering the 100 Fly...

"Hammering," huh?

I'm thinking a video of this would be great, particularly if the piano makes an appearance.

The Fortress
October 10th, 2008, 10:24 AM
I would suggest no more than 3 events and the 25s. I'm doing the 100 Fly, 50 Fly, 50 Free and all the 25s.

Decided to ditch the 200 free, eh?

I'm swimming the same events as Hulk. But I'm just going to swim the 100 fly.

Dave, I think the meet ended around 2:00 or so last year.

pwolf66
October 10th, 2008, 10:33 AM
"Hammering," huh?

I'm thinking a video of this would be great, particularly if the piano makes an appearance.

Well, maybe not hammering but at the NC meet last month, I swam it very relaxed and easy and went 1:00.93 for my first attempt so I'm going to swim it just a little more agressively on the last 50 than I did in NC. But no, I do not plan on going all out on the front 50. That would involve a 200 pipe church organ if I did that. :drown:

Chris Stevenson
October 10th, 2008, 11:50 AM
...I'm going to swim it just a little more agressively on the last 50 than I did in NC...

"A little more aggressively?" What's the fun in that?

I'm driving up 100 miles, I want some entertainment! Seek the Yamaha!

swimshark
October 10th, 2008, 04:08 PM
(What the heck it is only sprinting, not real swimming.)

So true...

SwimStud
October 10th, 2008, 06:22 PM
So true...

Really...let's talk gridge...

Besides, everyone knows that backstroke is the only thing not considered "real swimming" so now what? :D

Chris Stevenson
October 11th, 2008, 10:18 AM
Besides, everyone knows that backstroke is the only thing not considered "real swimming" so now what? :D

I dunno...breastroke is still only an official event through clerical error: it evolved into butterfly but they forgot to delete it from the books.

SwimStud
October 11th, 2008, 04:45 PM
I dunno...breastroke is still only an official event through clerical error: it evolved into butterfly but they forgot to delete it from the books.

Hmm interesting, but the problem with Backstroke is you can't see the Breaststroker lurking in the water beneath you ...
;)

jim thornton
October 15th, 2008, 04:31 PM
When do they post the psyche sheets?

pwolf66
October 15th, 2008, 05:00 PM
When do they post the psyche sheets?

Since the entries had to be post-marked by the 13th, I doubt they have all arrived. I would say Wednesday of next week.

Chris Stevenson
October 15th, 2008, 08:04 PM
the problem with Backstroke is you can't see the Breaststroker lurking in the water beneath you ...

Why would I need to see him? He'll be eating bubbles soon enough... :)

mjgold
October 15th, 2008, 08:32 PM
That's what you think. He'll be waiting for you at the wall where you can't see him ready to get you.

SwimStud
October 16th, 2008, 08:14 AM
Yeah, Breaststrokers eat bubbles for breakfast!

pwolf66
October 16th, 2008, 10:27 AM

Um, riiiiiiiight.

SwimStub
October 16th, 2008, 10:32 AM

Yeah, but that leads to that embarrassing situation at work a few hours later. :blush:

mjgold
October 16th, 2008, 12:07 PM
What about covert breaststrokers who can go undercover as flyers or freestylers until the last second when it's too late?

mjgold
October 16th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Yeah, but that leads to that embarrassing situation at work a few hours later. :blush:

It's only embarrassing if you're embarrassed. I fart publicly and don't have any qualms about it!:bliss::mooning:

Chris Stevenson
October 16th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Soooo....does anybody need more proof that breaststrokers are just plain weird?:bouncing:

swimshark
October 16th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Soooo....does anybody need more proof that breaststrokers are just plain weird?:bouncing:

Hey at least we face the direction we are going!

pwolf66
October 16th, 2008, 04:13 PM
Hey at least we face the direction we are going!

Actually, you guys can't make up your mind WHICH way to look, just like the rest of us.