PDA

View Full Version : Meets for 2008 SCM season...

Glider
September 5th, 2008, 08:10 PM
It looks like the reasonably local SCM meets from last season have been moved around:

- South Carolina Champs from 11/1 and 11/2 to 11/15 and 11/16
- St. Nicks from 12/15 to 11/22 (not a typo)

That makes those two meets back to back weekends - yuck.

So I'm thinking I'll do the Peachtree City Pentathlon (SCY) and St. Nicks. But I may do a couple of USAS meets and swim with the kiddies:

- The Lanier Aquatics Annual Fall Invite Invite: 10/25 and 10/26 (SCY, small and low key)
- Georgia Senior State: 12/12 -12/14 (SCY)

What's everybody else doing this fall?

Glider

WPSWIMS
September 6th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Glider,
Can you get information on the Lanier Meet. I will be in Atlanta (Lawrenceville) that weekend and would love to do a sea level meet! Is it SCM?

Lump
September 6th, 2008, 09:13 PM
Well, I'm just getting back into swimming again. I'll probably hit 1 or 2, at the most, meets this fall. Currently I'm training on my own, or with my brother, at Mountain View in Cobb.

I'll probably register with USMS this month.

Glider
September 7th, 2008, 07:54 AM
I talked to the meet director for the Lanier Aquatics Fall Invitational and they don't have the info published anywhere yet. He said to keep an eye on the Lanier Aquatics (http://www.lanieraquatics.com/MeetInfo/tabid/53/Default.aspx) web site in the coming weeks.

You can also see other local USA Swimming meets at Georgia Swimming's 2008-2009 Short Course Meet Schedule (http://www.gaswim.org/meets/sc0809.htm).

Glider,
Can you get information on the Lanier Meet. I will be in Atlanta (Lawrenceville) that weekend and would love to do a sea level meet! Is it SCM?

Donna
September 7th, 2008, 08:50 AM
Glider,

Winnie,

Lanier is a USA meet not USMS. I do alot of kiddie meets but I wasn't sure if you do.

Donna

Donna
September 7th, 2008, 08:59 AM
Well, I'm just getting back into swimming again. I'll probably hit 1 or 2, at the most, meets this fall. Currently I'm training on my own, or with my brother, at Mountain View in Cobb.

I'll probably register with USMS this month.

Jeff,

How is it training on your own? With my kids team falling apart I have started training on my own. My old coach is helping me to put together the workouts and I met another swimmer this weekend who may be joining me since he is a sprinter and does not want to do the distance workouts the masters team here in Savannah is famous for.

Hopefully I can find the mix to keep improving in both distance and sprints. I like being able to finally be competitive in the the 50 Free but I am good at the 1650 Free too. I guess a well rounded program is best.

I swam in with the Stingrays once when I was in the area visiting my in-laws.
Have fun.

Donna

Lump
September 7th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Jeff,

How is it training on your own? With my kids team falling apart I have started training on my own. My old coach is helping me to put together the workouts and I met another swimmer this weekend who may be joining me since he is a sprinter and does not want to do the distance workouts the masters team here in Savannah is famous for.

Hopefully I can find the mix to keep improving in both distance and sprints. I like being able to finally be competitive in the the 50 Free but I am good at the 1650 Free too. I guess a well rounded program is best.

I swam in with the Stingrays once when I was in the area visiting my in-laws.
Have fun.

Donna

So far so good! Actually my brother has been swimming with me as well. I have a pretty broad background in swimming and coaching so writing workouts are no problem. If you need any you can look at my blog here:

http://jeffpalm-swimming.blogspot.com/

Mot likely I'll go for any of the free events from 100-500. Being a former distance swimmer I don't particularly want to do alot of it....at this point. I'm also a bit of a backstroker...we'll see. Feel free to contact me if you need any advice, etc.

Jeff

WPSWIMS
September 7th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Donna,
Thanks. I do not want to do a USS meet...I would get blown out of the pool at my age. I did a few with my son when I was 40. I was hoping it was a masters meet. I have to be in Atlanta for a wedding the weekend of Nov 1, then we are heading for Costa Rica for a vacation. Otherwise I would attend the meet in Columbia, SC. I am not going to Fresno, but plan to go to Indy and hopefully Atlanta in 2010.

Donna
September 7th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Winnie,

The date on the Columbia meet has changed it is now Nov 15-16. See www.dixiezone.org for details.

Donna

WPSWIMS
September 8th, 2008, 12:25 PM
I will be returning from Costa Rica that weekend..otherwise I would have attended the meet. Hpefully there will be another meet!

elise526
September 9th, 2008, 12:22 AM
Where is info about St. Nick's meet? I looked on Dixie Zone page and did not see it? I'm wondering where something says it will be held in November.

Glider
September 9th, 2008, 07:11 PM
I got my info in an email response from the GA LMSC Chair. It was confirmed (though stated as tentative) in the last GA LMSC Newsletter sent September 3 . It's not on the DZ site, yet, as you obviously know.

Where is info about St. Nick's meet? I looked on Dixie Zone page and did not see it? I'm wondering where something says it will be held in November.

CreamPuff
September 11th, 2008, 10:59 AM
I'm doing SWAT Time Trials w/ the kiddos this Saturday and I entered the Pentathlon (Masters) for the following Saturday. That's it for now as I'm not sure where we'll be living after September. Gah! Will be *tired* for both as it's early on in the season. Should prove interesting.

Glider
October 6th, 2008, 09:15 AM
I just received an email response from the St. Nick's meet hosts...GA Tech couldn't provide an acceptable timeframe for our meet this year.

USAS Nats are at GA Tech the first week in December and the Georgia Senior State meet the second...and well, they just couldn't make it work.

So as I understand it today, no St. Nick's meet in 2008. That means our only "fairly local" opportunity to get SCM times before the end of the year is the South Carolina Championships on November 15 and 16. See more info on the Dixie Zone site under 2008 Pool Meets (http://www.dixiezone.org/Meets.htm).

Glider

CreamPuff
October 6th, 2008, 10:32 AM
Thanks Mark.
I was warned by one of my swimming friends that ST. Nick's may not happen. Guess it's confirmed a no go. Very sad.

I'm doing Columbia, SC in Nov (not the best of pools - I think it's 3 feet at one end) and then Coral Springs, FL in December to get a couple SCM in. Crazy b/c I don't train SCM. Gah! Need to move to CA where there are tons of meets. :laugh2:

K

I just received an email response from the St. Nick's meet hosts...GA Tech couldn't provide an acceptable timeframe for our meet this year.

USAS Nats are at GA Tech the first week in December and the Georgia Senior State meet the second...and well, they just couldn't make it work.

So as I understand it today, no St. Nick's meet in 2008. That means our only "fairly local" opportunity to get SCM times before the end of the year is the South Carolina Championships on November 15 and 16. See more info on the Dixie Zone site under 2008 Pool Meets (http://www.dixiezone.org/Meets.htm).

Glider

Glider
October 6th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Looks like I'm going to SC, too. (I actually hit the bottom in the shallow end on one of my turns last year.) Got Mrs. Glider's approval. May take a tyke or two with me and have some relatives put us up for the weekend.

I may try to pull a mini-taper for SC. And then a full blown taper for the USAS Georgia Senior State meet. I'm getting kind of amped for that one, even though it's SCY...

I'm also thinking about the USAS Rockdale Octoberfast SCY meet in a couple of weeks.

I just want to get some fast SCM times somewhere, and I don't want to travel any further than to Columbia.

But my focus is SCY next year when I age up to 50 for either Y Nationals or USMS nationals.

Thanks Mark.
I was warned by one of my swimming friends that ST. Nick's may not happen. Guess it's confirmed a no go. Very sad.

I'm doing Columbia, SC in Nov (not the best of pools - I think it's 3 feet at one end) and then Coral Springs, FL in December to get a couple SCM in. Crazy b/c I don't train SCM. Gah! Need to move to CA where there are tons of meets. :laugh2:

K

Donna
October 6th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Columbia is actually not that shallow. It was a nice pool and last year they had a good pool temp, the first year was questionable.

I will be there too! This is one of my standard meets. I am glad I will have some company on GAJA!:applaud: Let's have a great showing.

CreamPuff
October 6th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Columbia is actually not that shallow. It was a nice pool and last year they had a good pool temp, the first year was questionable.

I will be there too! This is one of my standard meets. I am glad I will have some company on GAJA!:applaud: Let's have a great showing.

Yea! Look forward to seeing everyone there!

Glad to hear that on the pool depth Donna. Although I appreciate the warning Glider! My last LCM meet was in SHALLOW water 3 and 4 feet and each end! I was afraid of hitting the bottom off the dive and the turns in every event. :laugh2: I'm hoping that there's one meet where all the stars align and the pool is fast; I'm tapered; and the times count! lol

Here I am learning SDK but then compete in pools where it's tough to do it in.

Glider
October 6th, 2008, 03:39 PM
I am giving fair warning on this meet, however. If you want your times to count for TT, then make sure ES knows about your results so he can send them in.

And, Donna, I agree it is a nice new, pool -- I'm pretty sure it's the same one we swam in last year. But I have to disagree on the shallow end depth. I about stubbed my fingers on a pullout at the shallow end.

But hey, we DID have two or three WORLD records set there last year. So it can't be that bad...

And Kristina, the thought of you with a strong SDK is scary. Very scary...

Yea! Look forward to seeing everyone there!

Glad to hear that on the pool depth Donna. Although I appreciate the warning Glider! My last LCM meet was in SHALLOW water 3 and 4 feet and each end! I was afraid of hitting the bottom off the dive and the turns in every event. :laugh2: I'm hoping that there's one meet where all the stars align and the pool is fast; I'm tapered; and the times count! lol

Here I am learning SDK but then compete in pools where it's tough to do it in.

Lump
October 6th, 2008, 05:07 PM
I'll probably try to attend this meet as well. I plan on coming off the "free agent" UNAT market and joining DYNA...although I don't train with them (but will on Saturdays going forward). I went to school at S. Carolina so its another chance to get back there. Not familiar with this pool as the only one I swam in up there was the University's.

Funny thing is that my college swim coach is doing masters as well and will be swimming in the meet! :bow:

Donna
October 6th, 2008, 09:19 PM
It was not 3 feet deep at the shallow end. I thought it was fine just like most average pools. Granted it is not like GA Tech, sorry, I thought it was a good pool all around. Maybe you could try a different stroke Mark... I will do the 100 Breaststroke if you will do something other than Breaststroke.

As for the results I did speak with some of the South Carolina deligates at convention regarding the issues regarding having to hound the people running the timing system to get their results in. I know Pete Palmer was going to talk to them about the need to get their results sent in to usms to be added to the database and counted for top times in a timely fashion.

I know last year we had a few records set at this meet and I know Chris Weissmans' times were counted in top times last year.

CreamPuff
October 6th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Great inside info all. Sounds like we should have a good group going!
Looking forward to seeing everyone there. :groovy::groovy:

Must try SDK even with an un-GA Tech-like pool. Hopefully I won't mar up my B70 with the pool bottom! :D

Glider
October 7th, 2008, 12:14 PM
Hey, I resemble that remark. I actually did a 50 BACKSTROKE there last year.:bliss:

Other than that, I don't need to swim anything else to prove I'm slow. I already know it:eek:

I don't know anything about being 3 feet deep, I musta missed that remark. But it is shallower than normal for me and my big fat belly.

It was not 3 feet deep at the shallow end. I thought it was fine just like most average pools. Granted it is not like GA Tech, sorry, I thought it was a good pool all around. Maybe you could try a different stroke Mark... I will do the 100 Breaststroke if you will do something other than Breaststroke.

As for the results I did speak with some of the South Carolina deligates at convention regarding the issues regarding having to hound the people running the timing system to get their results in. I know Pete Palmer was going to talk to them about the need to get their results sent in to usms to be added to the database and counted for top times in a timely fashion.

I know last year we had a few records set at this meet and I know Chris Weissmans' times were counted in top times last year.

CreamPuff
October 7th, 2008, 12:45 PM
Mark, I never do back or breaststroke so between the two of us and our best strokes, we'd be AWESOME!!! I'll stick to fly and free and you can stick to breast and back. :wiggle::wiggle: I've seen you and there is NO FAT BELLY! I think you look GREAT! Very fit. Not slow either. I saw your top 10 too - awesome job!!!

I'm glad to hear it may be deeper than 3 feet.

I'm staying at the Marriott. Where's everyone else staying?

BTW, I converted my best LCM or SCY times to SCM. Have NO idea how conversions work. I'm just not familiar with SCM. Looks like the men and women swim together. Thank GOD I swim with the kids and am used to crazy wake, bubbles, flailing limbs, and athletes much larger and faster than me in my lane and next to me. :joker:

Donna
October 7th, 2008, 03:47 PM
I'll end up having to use my LCM times again since once again my LCM this summer beat my SCM times from last year. Then again hopefully my right shoulder will be back to normal by then. I did one of those STUPID things like race one of the kids I coach at night without a proper warmup. Now I am paying the price.

Glider
October 7th, 2008, 03:54 PM
CreamPuff??????????? Please do explain:rolleyes:

Mark, I never do back or breaststroke so between the two of us and our best strokes, we'd be AWESOME!!! I'll stick to fly and free and you can stick to breast and back. :wiggle::wiggle: I've seen you and there is NO FAT BELLY! I think you look GREAT! Very fit. Not slow either. I saw your top 10 too - awesome job!!!

I'm glad to hear it may be deeper than 3 feet.

I'm staying at the Marriott. Where's everyone else staying?

BTW, I converted my best LCM or SCY times to SCM. Have NO idea how conversions work. I'm just not familiar with SCM. Looks like the men and women swim together. Thank GOD I swim with the kids and am used to crazy wake, bubbles, flailing limbs, and athletes much larger and faster than me in my lane and next to me. :joker:

CreamPuff
October 7th, 2008, 06:18 PM
CreamPuff??????????? Please do explain:rolleyes:

:D

1. Just trying to get more in tune with my feminine side.

2. Plus, I have a sweet tooth.

3. And, I'm a cream puff in practices.

pwolf66
October 7th, 2008, 06:32 PM

Riiiiiiiiiight

CreamPuff
October 7th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Riiiiiiiiiight

Well, I fully expect to cry during practice at some point in the next 30 days. Doesn't that count?!

pwolf66
October 7th, 2008, 11:15 PM
Well, I fully expect to cry during practice at some point in the next 30 days. Doesn't that count?!

I cried tonight. I wanted to curl up on the bottom and die.

Glider
October 8th, 2008, 08:41 AM
Cool...I'm thinking Mr. CreamPuff can help you on the first two points and console you on the last one. :rofl:Say hi to Warren.

Love the new avatar...where can I get some of that???

1. Just trying to get more in tune with my feminine side.

2. Plus, I have a sweet tooth.

Lump
October 8th, 2008, 09:27 AM
Alrighty, well I'm not officially signed up for the SC SCM Meet. I think I've only swam SCM in competition one other time in my life and that was in Canada way back in about 1986-88 sometime! We used to train it at Dynamo in high school and I always hated it because my stroke count would be off a 1/2 stroke short or long. Who knows now, my stoke is alot longer. I didn't even want to guess at times so its "NT" for me!

Kristina, what pool are you training at?

I got a good workout in this AM, 5400 yards, and I actually feel fresh! :woot:

CreamPuff
October 8th, 2008, 09:49 AM
Alrighty, well I'm not officially signed up for the SC SCM Meet. I think I've only swam SCM in competition one other time in my life and that was in Canada way back in about 1986-88 sometime! We used to train it at Dynamo in high school and I always hated it because my stroke count would be off a 1/2 stroke short or long. Who knows now, my stoke is alot longer. I didn't even want to guess at times so its "NT" for me!

Stroke count?! You are ahead of the game in masters if you are doing stroke count. Mine is - whenever I get to the wall! :laugh2:

Don't NT it! That's not fun. Just use the conversion calculator on line so you can get some racing in.

I train with Landon Harris and the Davis family at Swim Atlanta in Sugarloaf. Not done ANY SCM. Only SCY and LCM. I've done some masters SCM meets in the past and it's not really bothered me. 'Course I sure as heck ain't countin' strokes. :wiggle:

CreamPuff
October 8th, 2008, 09:54 AM
Cool...I'm thinking Mr. CreamPuff can help you on the first two points and console you on the last one. :rofl:Say hi to Warren.

Love the new avatar...where can I get some of that???

haha! Can't get that kind of goodness at our house! We don't keep anything tasty in the fridge or pantry.

This was our fly set last night. Did NOT make me cry.
Will post the set that does make me cry. I'm sure it's coming.
The only somewhat fast part were the flys. Was fun.
To the kids' credit, they did FLY DRILL for 100 of that 200 where I did free drill. I'm impressed with those kids.

FLY DAY
Pyramid Set

4x100 FR @ 1:15
1x200 Drill Free @ 2:40
1x50 Fly @ :35

3x100 FR @ 1:15
1x100 Fly @ 1:10

2x100 FR @ 1:15
1x150 Fly @ 1:45

1x100 FR @ 1:15
1x200 Fly @ 2:40 - this was the only really tough part on the set; had to go right into following 100 fr

Glider
October 8th, 2008, 10:02 AM
Man that is one ugly, ugly practice. That would be touch and go for me on the free...and I'd have to pull an Ande on the Fly reps - half distance...and I'd do it free ;-)

haha! Can't get that kind of goodness at our house! We don't keep anything tasty in the fridge or pantry.

This was our fly set last night. Did NOT make me cry.
Will post the set that does make me cry. I'm sure it's coming.
The only somewhat fast part were the flys. Was fun.
To the kids' credit, they did FLY DRILL for 100 of that 200 where I did free drill. I'm impressed with those kids.

FLY DAY
Pyramid Set

1x200 Fly @ 2:40 - this was the only really tough part on the set; had to go right into following 100 fr

CreamPuff
October 8th, 2008, 10:08 AM
Man that is one ugly, ugly practice. That would be touch and go for me on the free...and I'd have to pull an Ande on the Fly reps - half distance...and I'd do it free ;-)

The ONLY reason I made it okay was b/c 100s free on 1:15 are quite ez for me. Otherwise, I'd have been toast. :) See what I mean about crying coming soon?

Donna
October 8th, 2008, 11:21 AM
I would have made 1 or your sets and then died. You are awesome CreamPuff(cute name).

You would have been proud of my workout today Glider --- BREASTSTROKE!!!.

I am waiting on sending in my entry for the Columbia meet to decide if I will do the IM's or Breaststroke's. Just depends on my right shoulder and if it feels good enough in the next week or so. If it is still an issue I will swim on the dark side with Glider.:cool:

Lump
October 9th, 2008, 09:43 AM
FLY DAY
Pyramid Set

That is a tough set! 1:15's are not easy for me to repeat. I could make them, but no way on the Fly intervals. Those intervals seem pretty quick to me...especially the drill. I'm not to the point where I really worry about intervals so much. I do SOME interval work, but most just go on a certain amount of rest (:15, :20, :30) and base it off what I want to achieve and my HR. Sometimes hard, sometimes easy.

Lump
October 9th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Stroke count?! You are ahead of the game in masters if you are doing stroke count. Mine is - whenever I get to the wall! :laugh2:

Don't NT it! That's not fun. Just use the conversion calculator on line so you can get some racing in.

I train with Landon Harris and the Davis family at Swim Atlanta in Sugarloaf. Not done ANY SCM. Only SCY and LCM. I've done some masters SCM meets in the past and it's not really bothered me. 'Course I sure as heck ain't countin' strokes. :wiggle:

I don't mean stroke count in the sense that I'm counting, but just how I come into the wall with my breathing pattern. Either its intact and I come in breathing to the right, which I like, or come in off-stroke and have to take one to the left, or I come up kinda in-between strokes in no man's land!

I've know Chris Davis since I was a kid. My mother had a swim shop (Kastaway) at that location until a few months back when SWAT went with a new company.

CreamPuff
October 9th, 2008, 03:14 PM
I don't mean stroke count in the sense that I'm counting, but just how I come into the wall with my breathing pattern. Either its intact and I come in breathing to the right, which I like, or come in off-stroke and have to take one to the left, or I come up kinda in-between strokes in no man's land!

I've know Chris Davis since I was a kid. My mother had a swim shop (Kastaway) at that location until a few months back when SWAT went with a new company.

Got it on stroke count. If that's what you mean, then I'm right there with you. SCM is tricky.

I knew Chris since I was a kid too! I remember Kastaway being there until just recently. Does she still own the shop on Sandy Plains road?

So. . . that fly set was fun, but here's what the national team did yesterday. I did not/ could not do this. It WAS impressive.

10x400 SCY
Odds: Fly @ 4:40
Evens: Breast @ 5:20
Those kids are AMAZING!

Lump
October 9th, 2008, 03:20 PM
Got it on stroke count. If that's what you mean, then I'm right there with you. SCM is tricky.

I knew Chris since I was a kid too! I remember Kastaway being there until just recently. Does she still own the shop on Sandy Plains road?

So. . . that fly set was fun, but here's what the national team did yesterday. I did not/ could not do this. It WAS impressive.

10x400 SCY
Those kids are AMAZING!

Yes, Marietta (Sandy Plains) is the main office. They also have a shop down the road from the pool you are at, Dynamo (Chamblee & Alpharetta).

Not too sure on the point of that kind of set other than PAIN. I wonder how often they break stroke on the Fly. I've only known a few people that could actually do that kind of set. I've heard Anthony Nesty's done 100 x 100 Fly LCM before....now THAT guy was an animal.

Being a distance guy, I can't even remember what my toughest set would have been? Take your pick, I got killed several times a week usually.:cane:

CreamPuff
October 10th, 2008, 08:54 AM
Being a distance guy, I can't even remember what my toughest set would have been? Take your pick, I got killed several times a week usually.:cane:

Oh I heard plenty of stories about Alex's practices.

One (as told to me by Matthew Stansbury - you probably know/ swam with him) was 1x5000 fly for time.

I, on the other hand, was paddling around in the blow up plastic kiddie pool on the other side of town.

Lump
October 10th, 2008, 09:18 AM
Yeah, swam with Matthew for years.

A lot of the times I think Alex was just testing out make up and whether we would just "go for it" or whine about it....it was a mental game with him as much as physical. If you just didn't try or gave up he wouldn't talk to you, or if he did it would be down at you.

Glider
October 10th, 2008, 10:29 AM
Come on over to the dark side. I do about 50% of my week BR. I've really picked up the number and reps of sprinting sets this season.

Swimming long endurance BR sets with good technique in practice is tough. I give anybody who even tries an A for effort.

I would have made 1 or your sets and then died. You are awesome CreamPuff(cute name).

You would have been proud of my workout today Glider --- BREASTSTROKE!!!.

I am waiting on sending in my entry for the Columbia meet to decide if I will do the IM's or Breaststroke's. Just depends on my right shoulder and if it feels good enough in the next week or so. If it is still an issue I will swim on the dark side with Glider.:cool:

Glider
October 10th, 2008, 10:32 AM
Welcome to the forum, Lump. Hope you make it to the SC meet. There was some fast swimming there last year from some DYNA folks.

Glider
October 10th, 2008, 10:38 AM
10x400 SCY
Those kids are AMAZING!This is butt ugly. These must be some elite swimmers. Surely, this is all touch and go swimming, right?

It's really humbling to see that there are swimmers out there that can go 400s BR on 5:20 interval (equivalent to 200s on a 2:40.)

On a really good day, I can only hold 2:45s for a set of 5x200s BR on 3:10. That set just amazes me...

CreamPuff
October 10th, 2008, 11:59 AM
This is butt ugly. These must be some elite swimmers. Surely, this is all touch and go swimming, right?

It's really humbling to see that there are swimmers out there that can go 400s BR on 5:20 interval (equivalent to 200s on a 2:40.)

On a really good day, I can only hold 2:45s for a set of 5x200s BR on 3:10. That set just amazes me...

Yup. I believe the kids who did this either already had OT cuts (and went this past summer) OR they were sitting right on trials cuts. They were saying that it was mostly touch and go. One of the gals was stronger in fly so she could make that interval comfortably (?! - my lord) and then had to bust it out on the breast (although she's an IMer so she does every stroke well), but she could still make it. Her teammate told her that @ the end her stroke on breast was atrocious. I think that's to be expected. Amazing though.

Donna
October 10th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Come on over to the dark side. I do about 50% of my week BR. I've really picked up the number and reps of sprinting sets this season.

Swimming long endurance BR sets with good technique in practice is tough. I give anybody who even tries an A for effort.

I can do freestyle with no problem and I am doing 1/3 breaststroke this week as a change up. Who knows maybe I will make some headway on my 200 Breast. SCY I really want to break that 3 minute mark this year. I have already swam it once in a meet where I was almost 10 seconds off of all of my other times and my breaststroke felt like I wasn't really pushing as hard as I could yet I match my best at 3:08.

I realize I could never keep up with you oh Breaststroke KING! Glide...Glide...Glider!

Glider
December 2nd, 2008, 10:58 PM
Good luck in Coral Springs. Keep us posted:cheerleader:

Thanks Mark.

K

CreamPuff
December 3rd, 2008, 03:13 PM
Thanks Mark. Should be fun. I hope the weather is nice.

Heard that Sandy helped you on with your B70. Did they send you the wrong one (full length?!) I tried to appease her fears on it being too tight. I said if you could get it on and zip it up no matter how tight, that it fits. I also let her know that ripping is a possibility. :) I think she thinks we swimmers are completely insane. We are of course.

Glider
December 3rd, 2008, 07:08 PM
Yeah, they sent me the bodyskin instead of the kneeskin. I called the distributor, and they are overnighting the correct one to arrive tomorrow.

I did try the full-length on, though - VERY snug. I tried to bend over as for a grab start. I do think it's possible my rear end might somehow become exposed if I'd dared to go all the way down. I didn't...Fearing the big riiiippp.

Thanks Mark. Should be fun. I hope the weather is nice.

Heard that Sandy helped you on with your B70. Did they send you the wrong one (full length?!) I tried to appease her fears on it being too tight. I said if you could get it on and zip it up no matter how tight, that it fits. I also let her know that ripping is a possibility. :) I think she thinks we swimmers are completely insane. We are of course.