PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Peachtree City Pentathlon, September 20

Glider
September 7th, 2008, 08:21 AM
The meet entry was sent out in the last GA Masters Newsletter on September 3. You can also find the meet entry here (http://forums.usms.org/showpost.php?p=151655&postcount=48).

This meet is hosted by the Southside Seals Swim Team and is Directed by our illustrious USMS President, Rob Copeland. It was a fun and fast meet last year.

Anybody else going? Donna, (S)he-man, Tracy, swimcat, p_con, Lump, WPSWIMS, Slowswim, Tana, want2beafish, swimr4life, swimsuit addict?

Donna
September 7th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Mark, this will be the first time since I started that I won't be doing the Peachtree Pentathlon. This was the first masters meet I ever swam so it is special.

I had to be on call at work that weekend so that I could have off for the National Convention the following week. I do plan to go next year though.

I'll be looking for your swims in the results.

Donna

CreamPuff
September 11th, 2008, 11:01 AM
I entered. Hope to make it barring any masters strangeness - illness, family stuff, etc.!

Glider
September 11th, 2008, 12:50 PM
Yeah:wave:

I entered. Hope to make it barring any masters strangeness - illness, family stuff, etc.!

CreamPuff
September 11th, 2008, 01:06 PM
See you there Glider! I wonder if the turnout will be sort of low - sort of a lactic acid practice like last year?!

swimsuit addict
September 11th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Hi All,

I'm coming to the meet and am looking forward to meeting some area swimmers. I'll be heading back to New York on Saturday afternoon after a week in Alabama, and am psyched to have found a meet that is both in an outdoor pool (it is, isn't it?) AND right on the way to the airport--perfect! I signed up for the Ironman distance and am feeling a little nervous about all those 200 strokes now, though.
:drown:

Janet

Glider
September 11th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Tough to say...but yeah, we were running on fumes last year, and I only swam the triathlon (3 BR events.)

See you there Glider! I wonder if the turnout will be sort of low - sort of a lactic acid practice like last year?!

Glider
September 11th, 2008, 03:14 PM
It IS outdoors. If you are coming up I-85, you might could say it's on the way to the airport, but if you are coming over on I-20, I'm pretty sure it's a little off the beaten path.

Hi All,

I'm coming to the meet and am looking forward to meeting some area swimmers. I'll be heading back to New York on Saturday afternoon after a week in Alabama, and am psyched to have found a meet that is both in an outdoor pool (it is, isn't it?) AND right on the way to the airport--perfect! I signed up for the Ironman distance and am feeling a little nervous about all those 200 strokes now, though.
:drown:

Janet

Rob Copeland
September 11th, 2008, 05:49 PM
I wonder if the turnout will be sort of low - sort of a lactic acid practice like last year?!Iím expecting about the same turnout as last year, maybe a few more swimmers. And Iíll slow it down a little, but part of the fun (?) is getting those 4 200ís and a 400IM all done in a couple of hours!:banana::woot::fish2:

Donna
September 12th, 2008, 11:50 AM
So Rob, does this mean you are doing the long one this year?

Swim one for me.

Rob Copeland
September 12th, 2008, 12:24 PM
So Rob, does this mean you are doing the long one this year?If I can find someone to run the timing console, I'll jump up for the disntance pentathlon.:drown:

tjburk
September 12th, 2008, 04:53 PM
If I can find someone to run the timing console, I'll jump up for the disntance pentathlon.:drown:

He is sick that way you know!!!!!!

Donna
September 12th, 2008, 06:30 PM
Too bad I can't go. I could have run the console.

Glider
September 12th, 2008, 07:16 PM
Someone holding his taper from nats:bliss:

...just wanted to use that emoticon...

make sure you put (s)he in the long one too so you have some competition:bolt:

If I can find someone to run the timing console, I'll jump up for the disntance pentathlon.:drown:

Slowswim
September 13th, 2008, 10:25 AM
I can't make it. Still stuck in DC. Good luck to all y'all! Have fun.

Glider
September 15th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Donna, Slow, Tracy...sorry you won't be there...I sent my entry in today.

If you are local, you could still come and just go to the Georgia LMSC meeting afterwards. Good people and good food and you get to hear some of the direction and events going on in Georgia.

Donna
September 21st, 2008, 06:47 PM
So Mark, how did you do at the meet?

Wish I could have been there. I'll be there next year.

Glider
September 21st, 2008, 08:26 PM
There was some fairly fast swimming by a few folks, unfortunately not any of it was by me. A few names I remember...D Jansen, O Gumbrill and S Mortimer swam fast. A certain (S)he's lane was always empty:bump:

The LMSC meeting after the meet was enlightening. Good food...good coversation...Carol W puts out a spread.

They still don't have a date locked for St. Nick's, so if they can't get GA Tech to find a 6-hour window sometime in November/December, they may drop the meet. That would suck...So, I may target the USAS GA Sr. State meet in December...

We saw Atlanta's 2010 SCY USMS Championship bid presentation DVD and packet that will be presented at next week's convention. The meet will be hosted by DYNA and GA Tech - and the presentation was well done. It may be overkill, as a matter of fact, since it is the only bid.

So Mark, how did you do at the meet?

Wish I could have been there. I'll be there next year.

Rob Copeland
September 21st, 2008, 08:56 PM
So Mark, how did you do at the meet?Mark failed to mention that he won the 50, 100 and 200 breast events! I don’t think he quite got the concept of a pentathlon.:doh:

Glider
September 21st, 2008, 09:27 PM
Yeah, I call that my personal triathlon...but at least I got in the pool:thhbbb:

Mark failed to mention that he won the 50, 100 and 200 breast events! I donít think he quite got the concept of a pentathlon.:doh:

swimsuit addict
September 22nd, 2008, 08:21 AM
Thank you, Rob and Southside Seals, for hosting such a fun and efficiently-run meet. I had a great time and hope to come back next year.

One of the highlights was the age-group swimmers who stuck around after their morning practice to time for us. In addition to timing, they were generous both with tips on swimming various events and with (much-needed) encouragement. What great kids!

Thanks again for putting on this fabulous event!

Donna
September 22nd, 2008, 08:29 PM
Mark, We will have to teach you that there are more things to swim in the pool than Breaststroke. After all if I can crossover to the darkside, you can come over to the lightside!

So Rob did you get to swim the Ironman? Next year I will make sure that I am there doing the middle distance so you can do the Ironman.

Donna

Glider
September 23rd, 2008, 10:47 AM
Yeah, I know. My ankle inflexibility makes my feet act like parachutes...what a drag. I just don't do those other strokes very well. Just well enough to get me through a 100 IM. And I need that 25 BR in the IM to be somewhat competitive. So I only cross over to the light side in practice.

Mark, We will have to teach you that there are more things to swim in the pool than Breaststroke. After all if I can crossover to the darkside, you can come over to the lightside!

So Rob did you get to swim the Ironman? Next year I will make sure that I am there doing the middle distance so you can do the Ironman.

Donna

Glider
September 30th, 2008, 03:22 PM
The meet results (http://www.dixiezone.org/Results/0809peachtree.htm) are posted on the Dixie Zone site. Thanks again for a great meet, Rob.

Donna
September 30th, 2008, 08:50 PM
Looks like you guys had a great meet. Good job Mark!

Glider
October 1st, 2008, 12:25 PM
You are way WAY too kind...:o

Looks like you guys had a great meet. Good job Mark!