PDA

View Full Version : Call for On-Deck Coaching in Atlanta!

coachchris
September 10th, 2008, 10:27 PM
Coaches, if you're headed to convention and want to help out by coaching a workout one or more mornings, we could really use the help!

The USMS Coaches Committee, through the On-Deck Coaching Program, offers on-deck coaching assistance for swimmers during warm-ups at USMS National Championship Events and runs the morning Masters workouts at the annual United States Aquatic Sports (USAS) Convention.

We are still very much in need of coaches for this meet, and can always use more help. Signing up is easy. Send an email to ODC Coordinator Chris Colburn at chriscolburn AT usms DOT org and let him know what day(s) you'd like to coach. We will assign head and assistant coaches for at least two different workouts each day on Thursday and Friday, and three different workouts on Saturday. That gives 4-6 coaches per day the opportunity to coach some of the most dedicated Masters swimmers in the country!

We're still looking for coaches! Please sign up soon. You don't need to volunteer all three days (unless you really want to). Just pick a day or days when you can help and sign up! Those of you who volunteer will receive more details via email before you arrive at convention.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Ahelee Sue Osborn
September 11th, 2008, 04:37 PM
Hi Chris -
I can be one of the assistant coaches on a day if you still need help.
I wasn't sure which days there will be practices. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday?
I'd love to be able to swim sometime, but I leave the final assignment to you.
Thanks.
Ahelee

cjquill
September 20th, 2008, 02:29 PM
Last year's workouts were great and I'm looking forward to this year's.

Two quick questions:
1) is the pool indoor or outdoor?
2) about how long a bus ride is it to get to the pool?

See y'all in Atlanta.