PDA

View Full Version : Anyone swimming at the UMBC Meet on Oct 18th?

Swimalison
September 25th, 2008, 12:00 PM
OK...
I'm so determined to swim in some meets here...
Baltimore is doable for me as well (about an hour from me).
Will I see anyone there?
HOPE so!

pwolf66
September 25th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Will have to pass on that meet. Not a huge fan of thier pool plus my daughter has a big meet that weekend.

Swimalison
September 25th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Will have to pass on that meet. Not a huge fan of thier pool plus my daughter has a big meet that weekend.

Really? Fill me in. What's wrong with the pool? Ugh (of course the closest meet to me so far and the pool stinks...errrrr..)

SwimStud
September 25th, 2008, 03:13 PM
That's what you get for skipping zones out of phear!
:p

Swimalison
September 25th, 2008, 03:20 PM
That's what you get for skipping zones out of phear!
:p

Nope! No fear here.....my friend had a party that day and I couldn't miss that one!
But, seriously. I'm ready and will show you that I have no fear..hehe I will wear my skull suit and tear the water up (I'm not just a little conceded, am I?)
You going though?

SwimStud
September 25th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Nope! No fear here.....my friend had a party that day and I couldn't miss that one!
But, seriously. I'm ready and will show you that I have no fear..hehe I will wear my skull suit and tear the water up (I'm not just a little conceded, am I?)
You going though?

No, but I hope to go to sprint the following weekend.

pwolf66
September 25th, 2008, 05:25 PM
Really? Fill me in. What's wrong with the pool? Ugh (of course the closest meet to me so far and the pool stinks...errrrr..)

It's not a bad pool, per se, just not a favorite of mine. It's not very deep and not that fast of a pool. It's a nice event put on by a great bunch of folks and it's fun but it's not for me. Since I'm officiating in the AM that weekend and swimming at a MUCH better pool the weekend after (George Mason) in the Sprint Classic, I'm choosing to not swim this one.

Come on down to Mason. It's a blast in a really fast pool.

Paul

Swimalison
September 28th, 2008, 11:36 AM
It's not a bad pool, per se, just not a favorite of mine. It's not very deep and not that fast of a pool. It's a nice event put on by a great bunch of folks and it's fun but it's not for me. Since I'm officiating in the AM that weekend and swimming at a MUCH better pool the weekend after (George Mason) in the Sprint Classic, I'm choosing to not swim this one.

Come on down to Mason. It's a blast in a really fast pool.

Paul

Gotcha....If I can get a way to Mason, I will swim in it..But will swim at the meet at Rutgers in Dec, for sure, thanks to a fellow USMS!

tjrpatt
October 3rd, 2008, 12:00 AM
I will probably do UMBC depending on what events are going to be at this meet. The meet will start like 5 PM or something. This might be a hectic weekend for me. I have this possible meet and Sunday is my LMSC meeting. Who knew Masters swimming could be so time consuming. It is better than sitting at home doing nothing.

tjrpatt
October 3rd, 2008, 12:03 AM
Correction. Warmup starts at 4PM.

Swimalison
October 4th, 2008, 06:55 PM
Correction. Warmup starts at 4PM.

Hey, I just noticed you are up my way. Where do you swim, if you don't mind sharing?

CoachMike
October 5th, 2008, 03:25 PM
Online meet entry is up for this meet.

https://www.clubassistant.com/club/meets.cfm?c=1029

If you are out of LMSC you must register online this year (cost is still $10). If you are in the Maryland LMSC then you can register online (FREE) or deck entry for $5.

Check in 3:45 and Warmup start at 4:00pm. Meet will start at 5:00 pm.

mjgold
October 6th, 2008, 02:45 PM
I may or may not be there. It really depends on how I do this weekend at Aquapalooza. If I'm there, I'll probably only be doing the 100 BR, maybe the 50.

mjgold
October 17th, 2008, 01:44 PM
Well, I'm signed up for the 200 free, the 100 breast, and the 100 IM. Do we get heat sheets at check in?

CoachMike
October 17th, 2008, 05:17 PM
Heat sheets should be emailed to all people in the meet tonight. There will be a limited number available on deck. If you are deck entered you will not be on the meet sheets but you must be a Maryland LMSC member to be deck entered.

See You All There...