PDA

View Full Version : Improvement in the SE

swimmore
April 21st, 2003, 10:32 PM
What ideas do you have to improve masters swimming in SE?
Do we need to have more meets?
How about a monthly newsletter?
Coached workouts at your pool?
Give us your thoughts on what we can do to improve swimming here in the SE.

Thanks,
Steven

Swimmer33
August 4th, 2003, 01:23 AM
I think the biggest problem is lack of pool space.

swimmore
August 4th, 2003, 11:08 AM
swimmer33

Thank you for your post, where are you currently swimming?

The Pensacola area has expanded the pool space in the area over the past few years. We may be able to help in finding more space.

Coach Steven Fair
www.pirateswimming.com
swimmore@pirateswimming.com

tjburk
August 4th, 2003, 01:21 PM
Swimmore.....

I swim here in Middle GA, and in the immediate area pool space is limited. The pool I coach and swim in is an outdoor pool that is about 40 years old or so. Needs complete overhaul soon! Trying to get the powers that be in this community to put up the money to build is hard. They are getting ready to build a couple of million dollar softball/baseball complex, but nothing fo swimming. We've even shown them how with a proper facility we can bring quite a bit of money into the local economy. Frustrating, but we're still trying.

Tracy

laineybug
August 4th, 2003, 03:55 PM
I would like the Y in Thomasville, GA to start a Masters team.

tjburk
August 5th, 2003, 08:50 AM
Laineybug, you can come swim with us anytime at meets! Warner Robins Aquanauts!

Tracy

swimmore
August 5th, 2003, 11:06 AM
I looked at their site ans saw that at least have a lap swimming time from 6:00 am - 7:00 am. This is a great time to suggest to the Director that it would be a great idea of his to start a coached masters team at this time. Let him know that he could even charge more for this extra benefit. Then get the other lap swimmers on board.

If the coach is out of the question, copy the workouts posted from this site and use those. The coaches make a great effort to make sure everyone can benefit from their workouts. :p

The cost of registering a team is cheap and has great benefits.

Let me know if I can help in anyway.

swimmore
Coach Steven Fair

tjburk
August 5th, 2003, 02:48 PM
Thanks Steven. We just got registered a couple of months ago. There are only about five of us swimming right now, but we're advertising and putting articles in the local paper....we'll see!
Tracy