PDA

View Full Version : Competition calender

pwolf66
October 3rd, 2008, 11:04 AM
Are they ever going to accurately updated? I know there is a SCM meet in the Chicago area on December 6/7 but I'll be durned if I can find ANY information out there on it, much less on the USMS calender. Plus it seems that there are meets on Zone sites that are not on the USMS competition calender.

mjgold
October 3rd, 2008, 11:27 AM
The Colonies Zones isn't there either.

tjrpatt
October 3rd, 2008, 11:58 AM
Here is the link. It was on the Events Announcement Section of the Forums

http://www1.recreation.rutgers.edu/images/customer-files/2008_USMS_Holiday_Classic_Swim_Meet_Entry.pdf

tjrpatt
October 3rd, 2008, 11:59 AM
Are they ever going to accurately updated? I know there is a SCM meet in the Chicago area on December 6/7 but I'll be durned if I can find ANY information out there on it, much less on the USMS calender. Plus it seems that there are meets on Zone sites that are not on the USMS competition calender.

Have you checked the LMSC web site for the Chicago area?

pwolf66
October 3rd, 2008, 01:52 PM
Yes, I have scoured pretty much every LMSC site and Zone site and find not a whole lot of meet information listed past October of this year. And this is a problem.

I understand that there are challenges in sanctioning, scheduling, verifying, etc... for meets but for those of us who like to travel to meets, making plans 60 days out is a LOT easier and more likely than making plans 30 days out. Getting meet information out as early as possible is critical to having the best attendance possible. And if 4 weeks is the best that can be done, then it might be time to see if there are ways to doing it better. Being able to attend a local meet on short notice is one thing but travelling to a out of town meet is more of a challenge.

tjrpatt
October 3rd, 2008, 02:03 PM
Amen, Paul!

Woah Nellie
October 3rd, 2008, 02:07 PM
[quote=pwolf66;155037]Are they ever going to accurately updated? I know there is a SCM meet in the Chicago area on December 6/7 but I'll be durned if I can find ANY information out there on it, much less on the USMS calender.

Seems odd that the SCM meet in Chicago hasn't been posted yet. Our team was led to believe that this meet was sanctioned back in January (the host of the Chicago SCM meet bumped our meet for the second year in a row. . . grumble, grumble . . . by submitting an application for the meet very early in the year). It would be nice to see the info--since we won't be hosting a meet, it'll be fun to be the guests. I've heard great things about the facility.

FlyQueen
October 3rd, 2008, 03:10 PM
[quote=pwolf66;155037]Are they ever going to accurately updated? I know there is a SCM meet in the Chicago area on December 6/7 but I'll be durned if I can find ANY information out there on it, much less on the USMS calender.

Seems odd that the SCM meet in Chicago hasn't been posted yet. Our team was led to believe that this meet was sanctioned back in January (the host of the Chicago SCM meet bumped our meet for the second year in a row. . . grumble, grumble . . . by submitting an application for the meet very early in the year). It would be nice to see the info--since we won't be hosting a meet, it'll be fun to be the guests. I've heard great things about the facility.

The meet has been sanctioned for a long, long time. We post the meet info as a service to the meet host, we are not required to do so. The meet host for the SCM meet in Chicago previously requested that we not post the info until he had his website up and running. Due to circumstances outside of his control he has not been able to get the information out yet. The meet will be held and the facility is fantastic! I can't wait to see WoahNellie and hopefully many of her teammates there!

mjgold
October 3rd, 2008, 03:44 PM
The events are posted as a service to the meet host? I feel like they should be posted as a service to USMS members who want to attend events.

FlyQueen
October 3rd, 2008, 04:36 PM
They should be HOWEVER if the meet host requests not to get it post it isn't posted. I am not sure how it works in other LMSCs just Illinois.

pwolf66
October 3rd, 2008, 05:27 PM
Well, that's strange. Not posting a meet announcement for a meet that is scheduled and approved seems...........strange.

FlyQueen
October 3rd, 2008, 05:33 PM
Well, that's strange. Not posting a meet announcement for a meet that is scheduled and approved seems...........strange.

Not if the info/online registration system is not up and running.

pwolf66
October 3rd, 2008, 05:34 PM
Well, it still would be nice to at least have the place holder indicating the potential existance of said meet :thhbbb:

FlyQueen
October 3rd, 2008, 05:55 PM
Currently LMSCs sanction meets, I believe USMS is going to a online streamlined meet sanction so then (in theory) all the meets would be listed on the event calendar.

Chris Stevenson
October 4th, 2008, 11:32 AM
Currently LMSCs sanction meets, I believe USMS is going to a online streamlined meet sanction so then (in theory) all the meets would be listed on the event calendar.

That's my understanding. It all sounds pretty cool, the goal is ultimately to have real-time results of the meets too. Don't know how soon THAT will happen, but the rest sounds like it is doable in the near future.

Paul, there is an easy solution to all this hassle with Illinois...come to Colonies Zones where we have our act together. (Don't laugh.)

pwolf66
October 4th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Paul, there is an easy solution to all this hassle with Illinois...come to Colonies Zones where we have our act together. (Don't laugh.)

Yeah, 'cept for that whole event order thing. :eeew:

I want to swim 100 Fly, 50 Free, 100 Back and 100 IM on Sunday. Oh look, back to back. TWICE. And why is the 100 Free and the 200 Free on the same day? Should be 50/200 on one day and the 100 on the other. Unless the ChiTown meet is as bad or worse, I plan on swimming there. Or if all of a sudden, my team decides to send more than just me to this meet, I might change my plans.

FlyQueen
October 4th, 2008, 01:54 PM

I want to swim 100 Fly, 50 Free, 100 Back and 100 IM on Sunday. Oh look, back to back. TWICE. And why is the 100 Free and the 200 Free on the same day? Should be 50/200 on one day and the 100 on the other. Unless the ChiTown meet is as bad or worse, I plan on swimming there. Or if all of a sudden, my team decides to send more than just me to this meet, I might change my plans.

The U of Chicago pool is beautiful. They do not let outside groups come and swim there - I highly advocate that EVERYONE attend this meet at some point. It's well run, lots of fun, and normally organized.

Chris Stevenson
October 4th, 2008, 02:41 PM

:cry:Oh, cry me a river...

Sounds like you need a little more versatility, girly-man. :)

(Need to get the smack-talk in before the Sprint Classic, just sent my entry in today after figuring out a reasonable 25 breast entry time.)

pwolf66
October 4th, 2008, 03:06 PM
:cry:Oh, cry me a river...

Sounds like you need a little more versatility, girly-man. :)

(Need to get the smack-talk in before the Sprint Classic, just sent my entry in today after figuring out a reasonable 25 breast entry time.)

Uh-huh. How about we also throw in some arm-wrestling, chest bumping and spitting for distance in there too. Jeez.

That Guy
October 5th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Uh-huh. How about we also throw in some arm-wrestling, chest bumping and spitting for distance in there too. Jeez.

I think I was 11 the last time I swam the 25 breast... remember the Seinfeld episode where Kramer took karate lessons?

Midas
October 6th, 2008, 02:40 PM
Shout out to the Pacific Masters website, which has the dates of the major competitions (meaning the Pacific Masters championship meets) all the way through October of 2009, and the full info on all meets through February of next year. http://www.pacificmasters.org/comp/schd.html