PDA

View Full Version : Phelps might do a reality show?

ced357
October 7th, 2008, 03:04 AM
I heard it on chelsey lately and had to google it. This is what I found.

http://www.celebitchy.com/14574/demi_moore_and_ashton_kutcher_want_michael_phelps_ for_reality_show/

Interesting.

Mary1912
October 7th, 2008, 09:28 AM
I hope he doesn't do it. I think it kind of cheapens him. And how can he focus on the upcoming nationals and Olympics if he's doing a reality show? I'm not his coach obviously and I can't make his choices for him. However, this comes across to me as an unwise decision. I hope he doesn't do it.

Typhoons Coach
October 7th, 2008, 09:54 AM
I am really hoping that he does not pursue this! He is too much of an icon now in the swimming world to be venturing off into the reality tv world...

tjrpatt
October 7th, 2008, 07:34 PM
I hope that he doesn't do it. But, if he does, please don't let Ashton Kutcher Executive Produce it or even Ryan Seacrest(how does that guy get all these jobs when he doesn't have the ratings to back it up). Ashton is just trying to piggyback off of Michael Phelps because he is not executive producing any shows that are happening right now. I still can't believe that Punk'd got good ratings and they were able to sell it to syndication. But, can we have a reality show with Mama Phelps.

I have to say that it would be fascinating to see how he prepares and eat all that food. Please, put a time clock to see how much of his day is spent eating. I like eating but all that food intake has to take an hour or so a day.

Seagurl51
October 8th, 2008, 12:09 AM
Honestly...I'm not sure people would watch it even if he did it. I can't see it lasting very long. He's admitted that all he does is eat, sleep and swim. No one but the swimmer niche would want to watch it. And even now after the Olympics he probably just has press dealings and setting up his foundation...and if he stays tight lipped on his personal life, I don't think it'd be very entertaining. Or it could end up like The Hills and be HUGE! and the most boring show ever.

I think it'd be cool to have a swimmer big enough to have a show, but I'd be intrested to see the spin they put on it to make it appealing to the mainstream and not just his female following....who would watch it regardless of content (any chance to see Michael rolling out of bed shirtless :bed:) hahaha

SwimStud
October 8th, 2008, 12:21 AM
Oh god no....

Typhoons Coach
October 8th, 2008, 09:47 AM
Oh god no....

haha....simple, but right to the point! I like it!