View Full Version : Looking for a place to swim Nov 8-11

October 9th, 2008, 05:38 PM
I will be in New Orleans Saturday, Nov 8 thru Monday Nov 10 and am looking for a place to swim, preferably with a structured workout but even a decent pool to do a solo workout would be helpful. Places to swim doesn't have much.

October 10th, 2008, 10:47 PM
Elmwood Sharks is the largest team in NO. Have never been to their pool but think it's an outdoor 25 yd. pool. University of NO in the Lakefront area is a 50meter indoor pool and I think it's open for lap swimming. I've only been there for competitions so don't know how it's configured for daily use. Tulane Univ. also has a 50 mtr indoor pool but don't know if it's open to the public. The links on the Southern website don't seem to be working so I'd try each University's websites and see if you have any luck.

Bill Cleveland
October 13th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Elmwood Sharks is your best bet. Contact George Rucker at grucker1@bellsouth.net

He could point you to other programs in the Big Easy that might be available if this doesn't work for you.

October 14th, 2008, 12:14 PM
Thanks, I will drop him a line. Looks like that Monday would be the only day that I could swim but still will be bringing a suit and goggles just to get some time in.