PDA

View Full Version : Swimming best ever-my thoughts

jjpj
October 14th, 2008, 11:38 PM
I started swimming 5 weeks ago on a masters team-it was very hard for me - workouts were hard, flip turns were hard.But i wanted to achieve goal, i wanted to do it.
But now i really don't feel so much tired after workouts. we do on average 4600-5000yds per day i swim 5 days per week and oh boy i love it!For me swimming is more than just exercise-is freedom, i feel like a kid again.
There is much work to be done-but if i love it then it is not work at all -it is fun! Joining the team was the best decision i made!
:bliss:
Now i feel alive!

:groovy:

swimshark
October 15th, 2008, 07:43 AM
Great to hear. Nothing like that high we get from swimming.

Typhoons Coach
October 15th, 2008, 07:59 AM
Good to hear that you are making progress!

Lump
October 15th, 2008, 08:55 AM
Congrats! I think that is how most of us feel about swimming as well. It kinda feels weird having my days off even (but I won't complain about sleeping in a bit!). Its not like just "going to the gym" where you really are sore, ache and tired. Generally I'm just dog tired after a good workout which feels good!

Mary1912
October 15th, 2008, 09:29 AM
I know the feeling. Unfortunately, I can usually only get in about 1600-1700 yds right now in a workout due to time, but I absolutely love it. I know the feeling. It's awesome to be back in the water again!!!

:wiggle: