PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Veterans Day Developmental Meet, Nov. 9

Glider
October 19th, 2008, 10:21 PM
If you're new to swimming, or just returning from a really long layoff, the 2008 Veterans Day Developmental Meet at Collins Hill is a great way to toe-test the waters without all the distractions, anxiety, and intimidation of a "big" meet.

It's a low-key event, usually less than 30 swimmers or so doing just that - competing in their first or second meet. They are just checking out the scene, seeing how a meet is run, making new friends, and growing their swimming experience.

I highly recommend anyone going to these, even if it's just to swim one event to get a time and have some fun or just to see where you are in your training.

See the attached entry form for details. Check it out!

Lump
October 20th, 2008, 11:31 AM
What is the deadline for this meet? Don't see it listed. I may come, but I have the SC meet the next weekend so......if I do, it would be used as a workout more than anything.

Glider
October 20th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Yes, I see what you mean - it's not clear. You kind of have to read between the lines.

Entries received after November 7 are considered late (slightly higher fee.)

But even so, you enter as late as at the meet (deck enter.)

What is the deadline for this meet? Don't see it listed. I may come, but I have the SC meet the next weekend so......if I do, it would be used as a workout more than anything.