PDA

View Full Version : double practice question revisited

jjpj
October 22nd, 2008, 01:46 AM
I swim 5 days per week close to about 2 hours but i am thinking about swimming in the mornings - but only concentrating on improving technique/stroke when swimming mornings.

Should i do doubles?

Iam sure that's won't be a problem since i would not be exausted from moring workout anyway-it'be technique practice.
But here is the problem-i would only sleep 7 hours - would that affect my 6-8pm practice? or maybe do only 2 moring practices a week?
6-8pm we do 4k-5k yds/sprints/endurace/etc.

jjpj

Rykno
October 22nd, 2008, 02:46 AM
I only sleep on average 7 hours and it has no effects on my 20-21:30 workouts.

I say average because I get less monday-friday and slightly more on sat and sun (get to sleep in until 6:30 on weekends)

Typhoons Coach
October 22nd, 2008, 08:21 AM
7 hours is actually the ideal time to sleep. I wish that I could get 7 hours of sleep a night!!

FlyQueen
October 22nd, 2008, 08:32 AM
7 hours is actually the ideal time to sleep. I wish that I could get 7 hours of sleep a night!!

Amen!

abc
October 22nd, 2008, 11:51 AM
Everyone is different in their training needs. There's no way I would do doubles, especially if I was already swimming five practices a week for two hours each. A lot of this will also depend on your age and goals. For myself, that would be serious overkill and actually be a detriment to my swimming performance.