PDA

View Full Version : Craig Paller Injured

ratthedog
April 28th, 2003, 08:33 AM
Sorry to say this to my teammates so close to the show, but I was hurt in a motorcyle (dirtbike) mishap yesterday morning. I pulled both shoulders and I'm not sure if I'll be able to swim. I'm going to the doctor and I'm starting emergency rehab right away. My left arm is quite bad, but it faired better than expected this morning in the water. Don't count me out just yet. I have over two weeks to recover. I'll be back with more info and let you know if I'm available for relays.
Sorry
cp:(

ratthedog
April 29th, 2003, 08:58 AM
The ER says they don't believe there was any major damage and shoulder will heal in time. This morning was much better than yesterday and the swim was improved. Not good enough to work out, let alone compete, but the right arm will be fine by the 15th. We'll see.

Tip: Don't ride dirtbikes before Nationals.

ratthedog
May 1st, 2003, 09:18 AM
My right arm is going to be fine. It's a little tender, but I can swim all strokes. My left arm is really sore, but improving daily. I'll most likely be able to swim breast hard, but the other strokes may have to wait. Breast is better because it's not a rotation. I'm swimming breast, but it still gets pretty sore. But at this rate of improvement it should feel good enough to push it in Tempe. The only really painful part of Breast is pushing off a wall because of the arm extension, and the nasty pain during a start. I dove in Wednesday and it was like being electrocuted. Hopefully the two weeks will be enough time and the pain/weakness will be minimized if not gone.

10% is what happens to me, 90% is how I deal with it!:D