PDA

View Full Version : Girlie Man: concession speech?

jim thornton
October 27th, 2008, 09:24 AM
First, major congratulations to the posting representatives at the GMU sprint classic. As readers of the Hulk's blog already know, he swam magnificently. Paul, we aging mortals salute you!

But the highest kudos of all go to L "Fortress" L, goddess of the 70 % of the earth that is watery, and winner of last year's Livingston Cup!

Leslie's times were enough to make men weep in envy!

Superb, Leslie. Just superb. Once in a generation comes a swimmer in her mid 40s who needs no Finnish formula or gender seeding to triumph! The Fortress is such a generational anomaly!

Which brings us back, alas, to the Hulk....

Chris Stevenson proposed, and Hulk accepted, a test of manhood in the 50 fly. Knowing Hulk's time would be somewhere between Chris' and Fortress' times, Chris suggested that if Hulk's time were closer to his own, he would not have to have a manhoodectomy. If, however, his time were closer to Fortress', Paul would admit, in public, possibly in capital letters, that he is a girlie man. Admittedly, it was only a matter of hundredths of seconds ...

However, Paul, we are waiting for you to do the last manly thing of your life before accepting your new role as a girlie man.

pwolf66
October 27th, 2008, 10:44 AM
While I can understand the need for a quick resolution to this issue, I feel that I must be cautious and wait for various ruling bodies to finish thier investigations into potential blood doping, PEDs, gene therapy and equipment tampering.

Once these lingering issues have been resolved to my satisfaction, I will then address the public.

Paul 'I am STILL the Hulk' Wolf

The Fortress
October 27th, 2008, 12:05 PM
No worries, Wolf-Girl, you swam great. :woot:

Chris Stevenson
October 27th, 2008, 01:24 PM
Proposal for Paul to regain his manhood:

Same bet, 100 fly at either the David Gregg VMST meet in February or zones in April. Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase, "double or nothing." (Caveat: I'll probably wear my B70 at zones, but not at the VMST meet.)

FlyQueen
October 27th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Proposal for Paul to regain his manhood:

Same bet, 100 fly at either the David Gregg VMST meet in February or zones in April. Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase, "double or nothing." (Caveat: I'll probably wear my B70 at zones, but not at the VMST meet.)

I vote for zones as I plan on attending.

swimshark
October 27th, 2008, 02:30 PM
I'm voting for Zones, too. I want to see the rematch.

Wolf-girl LOL Love it

The Fortress
October 27th, 2008, 02:35 PM
I'm voting for Zones, too. I want to see the rematch.

Wolf-girl LOL Love it

Sandbag-Girl would just like to remind Wolf-Girl and his gawkers and admirers that Sandbag-Girl's participation in the "reverse manhood-ectomy" depends on, drum roll, the Order Of Events for Zones.

Michelina
October 27th, 2008, 02:37 PM
While I can understand the need for a quick resolution to this issue, I feel that I must be cautious and wait for various ruling bodies to finish thier investigations into potential blood doping, PEDs, gene therapy and equipment tampering.

Once these lingering issues have been resolved to my satisfaction, I will then address the public.

Paul 'I am STILL the Hulk' Wolf

:lmao: Next time... you need to come to Indy with us!

pwolf66
October 27th, 2008, 03:48 PM
Sandbag-Girl would just like to remind Wolf-Girl and his gawkers and admirers that Sandbag-Girl's participation in the "reverse manhood-ectomy" depends on, drum roll, the Order Of Events for Zones.

Oh, just SUCK IT UP!!!!!! :mooning:

Already reaching into the Acme Bag-O-Excuses for a meet that is SIX MONTHS AWAY!!! :shakeshead:

You're just skairt cause that's my shave and taper meet. Granted I would be skairt too at that thought :help:

How about this? You and I, 50 and 100 Fly. Best total under current times. So for me that's 25.76/58.92 and you 27.39/1:04.25.

Loser buys the winner dinner on Sunday.

We can also have some beer bets like we had before, lowest split differential on 100 Fly? Fewest breaths in the 50 free or fly? Best scar from an ice pack? :afraid:

The Fortress
October 27th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Oh, just SUCK IT UP!!!!!! :mooning:

Already reaching into the Acme Bag-O-Excuses for a meet that is SIX MONTHS AWAY!!! :shakeshead:

You're just skairt cause that's my shave and taper meet. Granted I would be skairt too at that thought :help:

How about this? You and I, 50 and 100 Fly. Best total under current times. So for me that's 25.76/58.92 and you 27.39/1:04.25.

Loser buys the winner dinner on Sunday.

We can also have some beer bets like we had before, lowest split differential on 100 Fly? Fewest breaths in the 50 free or fly? Best scar from an ice pack? :afraid:

Why is it that one is supposed to "suck it up" on one's taper meet exactly?! :dunno:

pwolf66
October 27th, 2008, 10:47 PM
Why is it that one is supposed to "suck it up" on one's taper meet exactly?! :dunno: Nope, I await the order of events and my relay duties to choose events. (Don't want to miss out on the 100 back again!) Until then, you are a Wolf-Girl!

I am only skairt of the 2-Fly and shoulder pain, not girlie men. :mooning:

Oh byte me. :p

Sorry, but given your past history of 'the event order sucks, I'm not swimming' I assumed that you were waiting for the event order to even determine if you were going to swim. :lmao:

I guess I will have to wait for you to perform a long and intensive analysis of the event order, potential rest, entry time optimization, lunar moon phase, projected pollen count, :blah: :blah: :blah:

Just let me know and I :welcome: any challenge you wish to make. For :drink: or not.

jim thornton
October 27th, 2008, 10:53 PM
I'm confused. Bite or suck it up? Or both? If both, does the order matter? And given certain, er, changes you've been forced go thru lately, Paul, don't you think you should wait till there's a meet in Massachusettes where your proposition for the Fortress is legal?

The Fortress
October 27th, 2008, 10:57 PM
Sorry, but given your past history of 'the event order sucks, I'm not swimming' I assumed that you were waiting for the event order to even determine if you were going to swim.

Uh, one meet, Indy NEXT August 2009, makes a "PAST history" of "not swimming"?! Yeah, I don't see that ... I've never "not swum." I swim at meets whenever I can. And why exactly would I travel and spend money for a really bad order of events? Not whiney, but logical. I only get, max, one long travel pass a year in my family. Doesn't it make sense to make it count? :2cents:

No long and intensive analysis needed. You can rest assured that I won't be swimming back to back events at a zones meet. Really, almost no one does, including you! :eek: I don't see why I should be stigmatized for saying what other people routinely do. :mooning:

If I opt to swim a backstroke event rather than the 100 fly, you can do your reverse manhood-ectomy with FlyQueen! I have another large Viking to slay.

tjburk
October 28th, 2008, 08:17 AM
I'm confused. Bite or suck it up? Or both? If both, does the order matter? And given certain, er, changes you've been forced go thru lately, Paul, don't you think you should wait till there's a meet in Massachusettes where your proposition for the Fortress is legal?

Now that is funny! I don't care who you are....that's funny!!!

pwolf66
October 28th, 2008, 03:57 PM
No long and intensive analysis needed. You can rest assured that I won't be swimming back to back events at a zones meet. Really, almost no one does, including you! :eek: I don't see why I should be stigmatized for saying what other people routinely do. :mooning:

If I opt to swim a backstroke event rather than the 100 fly, you can do your reverse manhood-ectomy with FlyQueen! I have another large Viking to slay.

Well, does the event order meet with your approval?

http://www.patriotmasters.org/Colonies.April.2009.Entry.pdf

I think it looks pretty good for your Back/Fly obsession :bow:

Chris Stevenson
October 28th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Well, does the event order meet with your approval?

http://www.patriotmasters.org/Colonies.April.2009.Entry.pdf

I think it looks pretty good for your Back/Fly obsession :bow:

The 100 fly is right after the 500 free. I can't really say right now which of those I will swim. Probably the free.

But in either case, I will certainly swim the 100 fly at the VA Sr Champs meet (not fully rested but in a B70). You can use that time as the basis of the "girly man double or nothing bet." (If you lose that bet, you'll be so girly that you could model Victoria Secret lingerie. And doesn't that give you a nice mental image?)

PJElder
October 28th, 2008, 08:50 PM
Not knowing PWolf at all, I would point out that he still has not admited that he lost a bet and should pay/own up to his loss of such bet.

Chris, I wouldn't double down on the bet until he admits he lost the 1st one.

PJE

Chris Stevenson
October 28th, 2008, 10:16 PM
Chris, I wouldn't double down on the bet until he admits he lost the 1st one.

What's to admit? The clock doesn't lie.

And he whimpered just like a little girl after losing the 25 free, so clearly losing the bet was already affecting him.:D

Or maybe he is just hoping the clock will give him a couple extra tenths back, like in the 100 fly (that was a little bizarre, BTW).

The Fortress
October 28th, 2008, 10:30 PM
Not knowing PWolf at all, I would point out that he still has not admited that he lost a bet and should pay/own up to his loss of such bet.

He's too busy talking down to me. Sore loser?

As it turns out, I'm not swimming the 100 fly at CZ Zones. There are only a few heats of Women's 200 BR between the 100 fly and 50 back and the 100 fly is first. I'm going after the Zones record in the 50 back. So Wolf-Girl will remain a girlie man in SCY. Perhaps the Victoria Secrets model can shed his lingerie in SCM.

SwimStud
October 28th, 2008, 10:40 PM
Or maybe he is just hoping the clock will give him a couple extra tenths back, like in the 100 fly (that was a little bizarre, BTW).

Hey my 25 Back went from :18.79 to :18.4 I can imagine Chris lying awake at night worrying about those numbers now!
:bed::eek:

pwolf66
October 28th, 2008, 10:43 PM

PJE

Come to the Chicago TYR meet in December. I'll be there. Then you can speak ill of me to my face. Not that you should consider that as a reason to not speak ill of me until then. :mooning:

Um, I was more than willing to pay up but for some reason Chris had to go home early, guess his kitchen pass expired. :eek:

And as I wrote in my blog, I acknowledged my defeat at Chris' hands (feet???).

pwolf66
October 28th, 2008, 10:45 PM

Man, I'm glad you posted that. When I looked at it first and then it had a different number the second glance, I thought I was in a lactic acid induced psychosis. That was VERY weird. Kinda wish that would have happened with my 50 fly. It was the same lane. Hmm, something else to protest.

pwolf66
October 28th, 2008, 10:47 PM
The 100 fly is right after the 500 free. I can't really say right now which of those I will swim. Probably the free.

But in either case, I will certainly swim the 100 fly at the VA Sr Champs meet (not fully rested but in a B70). You can use that time as the basis of the "girly man double or nothing bet." (If you lose that bet, you'll be so girly that you could model Victoria Secret lingerie. And doesn't that give you a nice mental image?)

Um, I think I speak for everyone when I say :eeew: :eeew: :eeew:

As to the 100 Fly. What's the wager? We've proven that I can go in the 58s and my splits.....well........are at least interesting. So what's the proposal?

ScarletSwimmer
October 28th, 2008, 11:08 PM
As to the 100 Fly. What's the wager? We've proven that I can go in the 58s and my splits.....well........are at least interesting. So what's the proposal?

Um, that you can get through a meet and after without mocking all the hard-working swimmers around you just because you lost a bet? :shakeshead:

pwolf66
October 28th, 2008, 11:11 PM
Um, that you can get through a meet and after without mocking all the hard-working swimmers around you just because you lost a bet? :shakeshead:

Where's the fun in THAT??? It's equal opportunity mocking.
Lose, win, who cares? It's all about the mocking. And the beer. :drink:

PJElder
October 29th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Paul,

I will be at TYR in Chicago on Sunday the 7th, don't think I can get a hall pass for two days though with our new baby. Maybe if I have to work on Saturday, I can come swim an event before I go home.

It is always fun to talk trash as long as you: (a) you are talking trash to someone who is better than you, or (b) your equal. Since Paul lost the bet, he has obviously met that criteria and should feel free to talk smack.

PJE

The Fortress
October 29th, 2008, 02:39 PM
It is always fun to talk trash as long as you: (a) you are talking trash to someone who is better than you, or (b) your equal. Since Paul lost the bet, he has obviously met that criteria and should feel free to talk smack.

I think ScarletSwimmer was referring to violations of this rule across several threads. :eek:

As for me, I think I've safely secured the Queen Byatch of Order of Events. Though Puff might give me a little competition. :)

FlyQueen
October 29th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Um, I think I speak for everyone when I say :eeew: :eeew: :eeew:

I'll bet mine are further apart than yours ... hahaha ... sad little (or BIG) sprinters that go out at what seems to be a reasonable pace and still die ...