PDA

View Full Version : LCM Top Ten

Karlene
November 4th, 2008, 10:27 AM
The preliminary LCM top ten is posted. I was happy to see that all seven of my swims this summer made top ten.

elise526
November 4th, 2008, 10:58 AM
Thanks for letting us know! I'm thrilled I made it in a 50. I am in 10th place, so I hope it holds!

Michelina
November 4th, 2008, 11:47 AM
Thanks for posting that! I am a bit surprised that my 50 back made it. Wow... maybe I need to change strokes.:cheerleader:

poolraat
November 4th, 2008, 12:28 PM
...... I am a bit surprised that my 50 back made it. Wow... maybe I need to change strokes.:cheerleader:

Backstrokers rule!! Become one of us. :banana:

imspoiled
November 4th, 2008, 01:31 PM

Don't encourage her Floyd. It's nice to be able to beat her in one event, since she make it look like I'm treading water in all the others.

pwolf66
November 4th, 2008, 01:36 PM
She swam that fast without kicking how?????? Freestyle? Sure, I can buy it but BACKSTROKE?????? :confused:

imspoiled
November 4th, 2008, 01:47 PM
It's her super fast arm turnover.

We had to do a set in practice last night,
4 X 25, odds as many strokes as possible, evens few stokes as possible

I took I couldn't get my arms to spin to get above 25 spl. Lauire yelled at me after the thrid one saying I wasn't chopping the stroke enough. I protested saying I was barely putting my hand in above my head (at least, it felt that way). Laurie responds, "Your stroke was longer than Michelle's when she's swimming normally." Ouch.

poolraat
November 4th, 2008, 01:50 PM

It's easier to get a fast turnover when one is vertically challenged. :thhbbb:

swimshark
November 4th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Well... at least I made it in 1 event.

knelson
November 4th, 2008, 02:35 PM
I swam five events, but made Top Ten in six! :)

mjgold
November 4th, 2008, 02:39 PM
I wish I could do a LCM meet. I hate turns.

tjrpatt
November 4th, 2008, 02:43 PM
I was glad to make it in the 200 fly and 800 free but I still have more work to do if I want to make it in the 400 IM and other events next summer. Congrats to everyone that made it in LCM. Now, swim fast to make it in SCM this year.

swimshark
November 4th, 2008, 03:10 PM

How did you pull that one off?

pwolf66
November 4th, 2008, 03:15 PM

Maybe he requested a split?

ande
November 4th, 2008, 03:17 PM
thanks for the update

Rankings Look up by Age Group
http://www.usms.org/comp/tt/toptenlist.php

Individual Rankings look ups
http://www.usms.org/comp/tt/toptensearch.php

Here's how things worked out so far
http://www.usms.org/comp/tt/toptenind.php?SwimmerID=02P06

Blackbeard's Peg
November 4th, 2008, 03:18 PM

That is because Kirk is THE MAN! :chug:

--

Congrats to the blue muppet who made All American status in the 200 back. :notworthy:

knelson
November 4th, 2008, 03:34 PM
That is because Kirk is THE MAN! :chug:

I agree!

My 800 split from my 1500 free made it. That's how I got six.

SwimStud
November 4th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Well I think I'm either 11 or 12 on the 200 BR but I guess for < 2yrs swimming that's not too bad.

david.margrave
November 4th, 2008, 04:20 PM
200 fly or 400 IM, if I could finish, would be my best shot because so few people enter. The 200 fly had 12 people overall in my age group.

Michelina
November 4th, 2008, 04:43 PM

Don't encourage her Floyd. It's nice to be able to beat her in one event, since she make it look like I'm treading water in all the others.

She swam that fast without kicking how?????? Freestyle? Sure, I can buy it but BACKSTROKE?????? :confused:

We had to do a set in practice last night,
4 X 25, odds as many strokes as possible, evens few stokes as possible

I took I couldn't get my arms to spin to get above 25 spl. Lauire yelled at me after the thrid one saying I wasn't chopping the stroke enough. I protested saying I was barely putting my hand in above my head (at least, it felt that way). Laurie responds, "Your stroke was longer than Michelle's when she's swimming normally." Ouch.

It's easier to get a fast turnover when one is vertically challenged. :thhbbb:

:afraid:

tjrpatt
November 4th, 2008, 10:03 PM
200 fly or 400 IM, if I could finish, would be my best shot because so few people enter. The 200 fly had 12 people overall in my age group.

The Men's 30-34 age group apparently only had 9 people that swam the 200 fly this summer.