PDA

View Full Version : Swim Clinics near Long Beach, CA

inflictfreedom
November 4th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Hi People.
Do any of you know of a couple of swim clinics near Long Beach? I'm a bit in a rut with both my routine and form...been swimming for fitness for over 5 years now and still feel slow. I think I'm in decent form, but I know it could be better. My last lesson was in college maybe 8 years ago, it's time for a refresher.

I started doing open water/aquathlon events for motivation and fun and that's helped me re-evaluate my swimming ... I'd like to be a bit more competitive, so yeh....any suggestions?

Eric

Michelina
November 5th, 2008, 12:30 PM
I would check out the Southern Pacific masters Association http://www.spma.net/

I think there was information on clinics... (its been a while since I have viewed the site, but its worth a shot)

inflictfreedom
November 5th, 2008, 01:29 PM
Hi Michelina,
They do have a few on spma, but they're either for elite competitors or in another state. Ah, it's frustrating ... all the clinics I find are so far away. The closest i've found was in mission viejo, which I'm not opposed to ... but i'd rather find one a bit closer if I can ... i'll be more inclined to actually go.

Michelina
November 5th, 2008, 06:08 PM
I hear you on the being closer.... I did some looking on the net and found this other site. http://www.swimclinic.com/ Now, there is not a clinic out west till next year (i know thats forever away), but you might be able to contact them as a resource to see if there is anything else out there in Long Beach. You might even want contact the local teams or look at their web sites to see whats going on as well. Good luck!

FlyQueen
November 5th, 2008, 09:36 PM
I know NOVA has ongoing clinics. You should check out there team website.

inflictfreedom
November 5th, 2008, 10:34 PM
Okay, looks like i'll be driving out a bit ... but I suppose I can make a day of it. MVN seems to have better prices than NOVA, so I guess i'll send an email to the coach and get the details, and who knows...maybe he knows of some closer..

Thanks,
Eric