PDA

View Full Version : Pacing device

2fish&1whale
November 6th, 2008, 07:22 PM
I am trying to find a device that emits a sound under water to help with pacing.
I have seen it used in some instructional videos, but can't remember where and I have no idea what it is called or if it is even commercially available.
I would like to use it for breast stroke work and even some of my kids AG coaches have expressed interest in such a device. Any ideas?

Brian Stack
November 6th, 2008, 08:18 PM
I am trying to find a device that emits a sound under water to help with pacing.
I have seen it used in some instructional videos, but can't remember where and I have no idea what it is called or if it is even commercially available.
I would like to use it for breast stroke work and even some of my kids AG coaches have expressed interest in such a device. Any ideas?
It's made by Finis, it's called the Tempo Trainer. Available from the manufacturer, and most swim shops.

isobel
November 6th, 2008, 08:53 PM
Also available online at either Kiefer or Speedo or Swimoutlet. They are great little doodads. I love mine.

2fish&1whale
November 6th, 2008, 10:46 PM
THANKS!

jcornman
March 6th, 2010, 12:31 AM
How about a little chronograph that suctions onto your goggles? Anyone ever see anything like this? I had an old teammate that had one, but I can't remember the name of it!