PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Y nats

hinsonj
November 9th, 2008, 12:23 PM
When does the meet event schedule come out for 2009 Y Nats? Or is it already out and I just can't find it?

mjgold
November 9th, 2008, 06:11 PM
If you mean the order of events, it's here (http://www.usms.org/comp/scnats09/events.php).

mermaid
November 9th, 2008, 06:16 PM
2009 Masters Championship, Fort Lauderdale, FL, April 16 - 19, 2009

The schedule of events is not posted yet - I don't think it will change much from last year.

http://www.ymcaswimminganddiving.org/

tjrpatt
November 11th, 2008, 05:36 PM
I think that I am leaning towards Y Nationals. I can find nonstop flights to Lauderdale and it is an easier flight and I don't have to worry about the time difference. You have so many layovers going to Fresno. Plus, there are a stack of fast people that go to Y Nationals.

Question? If I rent a car and have to go to a different airport from the one that I came in at, how does it work with the rental car company. I know that the meet is months away and who knows if I will go, I am just curious with the rental car stuff. From the flights that i saw, I might have to fly into Miami but depart from West Palm Beach or Ft. Lauderdale.

mpmartin
November 12th, 2008, 02:32 PM
Usually you can return the car to a different location. Back in 2006 I flew into Fort Lauderdale for Nationals, but departed by way of Orlando. I just returned my rental the Alamo station at the Orlando airport.

tjrpatt
November 12th, 2008, 04:09 PM
good to know, thanks.

jordangregory
February 22nd, 2009, 10:12 PM
Anyone here going to YMCA nationals and been there before? I have never been before and would like some advice on activities, eateries, etc.

swimcat
February 23rd, 2009, 09:07 AM
i usually eat away from the sttherip(the beach) b/c it is pricey and touristy.
however, there is st. barts on the beach across the street from hall of fame for a quick breakfast and some wave watching( recommend the power muffin)
bierbrunnen across for drinks after the meet as well as quartebacks etc..
the coconuts next to pool is a rip off.
i eat at a little italian place over the 17th st. bridge in a shopping mall with a publix ( can;t remember the name) moderately priced. there are also some great seafood places as well off the beaten path. go to florida aquatics website flaq . these guys would be happy to help also as they live in the area.
i probably won;t go this year. breaks my heart. :(
have a great time.
watch out for the meter maid.. :)
oops, for activities. take the car down to the keys for the day. or there are various day cruises and party boats in lauderdale. depends on your swim schedule.

Donna
March 17th, 2009, 07:46 AM
Does anyone know when the psych sheets will be posted for this?

Donna
March 18th, 2009, 09:36 PM
Psych Sheets are out and it looks like a very tough meet this year.
http://www.ymcaswimminganddiving.org/2009Masters/Psych%20sheet%20with%20notes.pdf

knelson
March 19th, 2009, 03:12 PM
I see my old college teammate Chris Clarke in the psych sheet. If anyone knows Chris tell him I said hi!

tjrpatt
March 20th, 2009, 10:18 AM
It looks like it is going to be a fast meet based on the seed times.

Donna
March 20th, 2009, 11:02 AM
It looks like it is going to be a fast meet based on the seed times.

No kidding. A very fast meet this year.

swim53
March 22nd, 2009, 10:59 AM
Greg---
People who swim at Y Nat's are VERY FRIENDLY. There are places all over within walking distance to eat and have fun. About a half mile away is the place where a lot of people stay.... The Bahia Cabana. Many enjoy the bar and food there.

Donna
March 22nd, 2009, 12:47 PM
I am hoping to find someone who I might trade counting services for. I need a counter for both the 1650 and 1000. If anyone is interested and needs a counter too just let me know.

cclarke
March 27th, 2009, 02:24 PM
I see my old college teammate Chris Clarke in the psych sheet. If anyone knows Chris tell him I said hi!
Kirk hope all is well with you. Just 7 months into my 18 year comeback! Hope to race with you soon - most likely Long Course Nats here in Indy where I live!!

SwimRobin
March 28th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Greg---
People who swim at Y Nat's are VERY FRIENDLY. There are places all over within walking distance to eat and have fun. About a half mile away is the place where a lot of people stay.... The Bahia Cabana. Many enjoy the bar and food there.

Just a word of advice on staying at The Bahia Cabana. When you check in, request a room in their building across the street. Since the bar is located outside, there is a LOT of loud noise, including music and laughing, until late at night. You won't be able to hear the noise from the bar if you stay in a room in the building across the street. The hotel is not far from the pool, and it really doesn't take too long to walk.