PDA

View Full Version : Need swim rule/regulation...

RayT
December 4th, 2008, 12:40 AM
Hi all,

If there is somewhere I can find solid rule or regulation states that swimmers should ONLY be allowed to use lane 0 and 9 to practice starts in warm-up time before a swimming meet?

Thank you.

Typhoons Coach
December 4th, 2008, 09:09 AM
I don't think there is a solid rule on that; I could be mistaken, but I believe that rule/policy is designated and modified by the team hosting the meet. Again, I don't know for sure, but it (for me) has always been determined by the hosting team.

jim clemmons
December 4th, 2008, 02:02 PM
I don't think there is a solid rule on that; I could be mistaken, but I believe that rule/policy is designated and modified by the team hosting the meet. Again, I don't know for sure, but it (for me) has always been determined by the hosting team.

I agree with Andy. I've seen many meets have start/sprint lanes in lanes other than those adjacent to the walls, even at Nationals.

osterber
December 5th, 2008, 12:31 PM
There is no rule for what you say. The only rule is that you can only dive in lanes that have been cleared for that purpose. It's up to the meet host (well, specifically, it's the referee) to decide which lanes are open for dives and sprints, and up to the marshals on deck to enforce that.

-Rick

osterber
December 5th, 2008, 12:33 PM
Also - in terms of lane selection... most meets I have been to, and been a meet director for... we almost never use the outside lanes for sprinting. Usually the outer-most lanes are pace panes, with the next lanes in for sprint. Reason is... coaches want to be closer to their pace swimmers to discuss things. The dives make a big splash, so if dive lanes are the outer-most, it gets more coaches wet, etc.

-Rick

Allen Stark
December 5th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Also - in terms of lane selection... most meets I have been to, and been a meet director for... we almost never use the outside lanes for sprinting. Usually the outer-most lanes are pace panes, with the next lanes in for sprint. Reason is... coaches want to be closer to their pace swimmers to discuss things. The dives make a big splash, so if dive lanes are the outer-most, it gets more coaches wet, etc.

-Rick
Yes,practically every meet I've been to uses lanes 2&7.I wish they'd open the sprint lanes earlier.Often they open the last 15 min,which hardly gives enough time to cool down from the sprints.