PDA

View Full Version : Phelps bad for swimmers / agency-mates?

Gydra
December 6th, 2008, 05:14 PM
So word is Ryan Lochte, Megan Jendrick and Ian Crocker have all left Octagon. Jendrick was their longest lasting client I think and Lochte was huge star power and Crocker huge story potential due to ties with Phelps. Is Phelps showing his massive fame is bad for his fellow swimmers / agency-mates or is it that Octagon can't handle anyone other than Mr. Swimming himself?

swimmergreg
December 6th, 2008, 11:10 PM
whats the octagon and no i dont think phelps is doing anything wrong to cause the others to want to leave.

swimshark
December 7th, 2008, 07:55 AM
Um, if this is the case, the guy I sat next to on the plane on Wed knew nothing of this. He is the financial end of Michael Phelps' agent. He didn't mention this at all to me. Yet he talked about Ian and Ryan being with his firm.

Typhoons Coach
December 7th, 2008, 09:33 AM
Not to doubt what you are saying, but is there anything that shows evidence of this? New release, etc?

Gydra
December 7th, 2008, 01:45 PM
http://www.goldmedalmel.typepad.com/

He has the news on Lochte, and maybe the others are just rumors but its what I heard.

Typhoons Coach
December 7th, 2008, 02:13 PM
Very nice; thanks for the link. In my opinion, I am thinking that the other swimmers are seeing what Phelps is doing out there in the public eye, and would like to come out of the shadow a little bit. I don't, in any way, think that it's because they couldn't handle multiple swimming icons.