PDA

View Full Version : What better way to celebrate Valentine's Day?

Chris Stevenson
December 8th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Impress your sweetie on Valentine's Day: swim the 400 IM! Or the 1650!

You KNOW that s/he likes to see you suffer...

It's a fun meet, mark the date on your calendar, hope to see you there!

The Fortress
December 8th, 2008, 10:14 PM
Is this in the same pool as your SCM meet in November was, Chris?

Warm up at 7:30? Seriously, that is unseemly. :afraid:

Chris Stevenson
December 8th, 2008, 10:43 PM
Is this in the same pool as your SCM meet in November was, Chris?

Warm up at 7:30? Seriously, that is unseemly. :afraid:

No, that meet was in VA Beach. This is at the NOVA pool, in Richmond. Have your kids never been in a meet here? Weird, they have an age group meet here one at least once a month.

A nice pool -- no chlorine, even (uv in one pool, ozone in the other). The locker rooms are another story...but the pool is nice.

Wolf-girl complained about slipping off the blocks when doing track starts but they've since added a rough surface on each one, so no more slipping.

pwolf66
December 8th, 2008, 11:21 PM
Wolf-girl complained about slipping off the blocks when doing track starts but they've since added a rough surface on each one, so no more slipping.

Once again dragged in.

Complained??? The bottom of my right big toe looked like it had gone thru a cheese grater. Complained.......bah.

pwb
December 9th, 2008, 08:18 AM
This is at the NOVA pool, in Richmond. Have your kids never been in a meet here?

Chris, any chance you have a weblink or word version of the file? For some reason, I can't seem to open this. Might consider coming back to the hometown for this ... long shot, but maybe.

Julie Roddin
December 9th, 2008, 09:15 AM
I'm there! 400 IM, hmmm......

Oh, and I'm definitely NOT the social coordinator for this one, but I do know that there is a great bar with a HUGE selection of beers on tap that we went to last year after the VMST social. Of course, I didn't have to swim in the meet, had a broken foot, so I had a blast!

tjrpatt
December 9th, 2008, 09:30 AM
I might have to come down to do a 1650 or 1000 because I don't know if I will get to do it in the Philly area before SCY Zones.

Chris Stevenson
December 9th, 2008, 10:43 AM
My wife and I won't be hosting the after-meet social this year, Molly Dean Bittner will be handling those chores. But we will likely be in charge of hospitality during the meet (let me start practicing: "more cheese with that whine, Wolf-girl?").

I am willing to organize a "post-social social" at the pub of Julie's choice...details to follow as the meet approaches.

Patrick, the VA LMSC calendar (http://www.vaswim.org/cgi-bin/calendar.cgi) doesn't list it yet -- that will be remedied soon -- but I don't think that will help you because the webmaster will just use the same file. I've saved the two pages as GIF images and attached them; let me know if you still have problems. We'd love to have you.

I got some good shots of you from the zones meet -- including one I like of you and your dad -- and loaded them onto Facebook but I don't think you are a member. I'll post them onto Flickr at some point and PM you.

By the way, since we are both one year older and hopefullly wiser, Jeff and I decided to move our grudge-match to the 200 IM instead of the 400IM. Well, at least that's what *I* decided unilaterally...Jeff actually was trying to persuade me to do the 400IM once again, but I think I'm still feeling the effects of the one from last year...

orca1946
December 9th, 2008, 10:45 AM
I'm not so sure that she will be impressed with my time??

Julie Roddin
December 9th, 2008, 11:07 AM
I am willing to organize a "post-social social" at the pub of Julie's choice...details to follow as the meet approaches.

Thanks! You're the BEST! I vote for Capital Ale House. You can't go wrong with 70+ beers on tap.

See you in February! Not sure what I'll swim, need to get back to training first :)

Julie

SwimStud
December 9th, 2008, 03:57 PM
Too far for me to travel...which is good news for some...

Julie Roddin
December 9th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Too far for me to travel...which is good news for some...

Good news that I won't lose a gridge to you in the 100 breast, bad news that you won't be celebrating Valentine's Day with us :(

pwolf66
December 9th, 2008, 05:06 PM
Anyone wanna come out and count for me in the 1000???? And maybe pull my bloated carcass from the pool? I think this might be the meet where I swim it.

The Fortress
December 9th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Anyone wanna come out and count for me in the 1000???? And maybe pull my bloated carcass from the pool? I think this might be the meet where I swim it.

Is this the same weekend as the Auburn meet though, Paul? I seem to recall that was over Valentine's weekend because I was thinking I might be blowing Mr. Fort off and wondering how that would go over ... Probably fine. lol

pwb
December 9th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Patrick, the VA LMSC calendar (http://www.vaswim.org/cgi-bin/calendar.cgi) doesn't list it yet -- that will be remedied soon -- but I don't think that will help you because the webmaster will just use the same file. I've saved the two pages as GIF images and attached them; let me know if you still have problems. We'd love to have you.

Hmmm ... my two favorite events (400 IM & 500 free) back-to-back and the opportunity to see how much a 1000 or 1650 in advance affects performance in those? Sounds like fun. I'll see if I can swing it.

I got some good shots of you from the zones meet -- including one I like of you and your dad -- and loaded them onto Facebook but I don't think you are a member. I'll post them onto Flickr at some point and PM you.

Cool. Thanks. Yeah, not on facebook, though there is a kid with my name on Facebook who I think has a punk band in the heartland ... don't accidentally send any incriminating photos to him.

pwolf66
December 9th, 2008, 10:22 PM
Is this the same weekend as the Auburn meet though, Paul? I seem to recall that was over Valentine's weekend because I was thinking I might be blowing Mr. Fort off and wondering how that would go over ... Probably fine. lol

Ugh, is it? I dunno. I didn't check. Drat it is the same weekend. Argh!!!!

Julie Roddin
December 10th, 2008, 08:11 AM

I'll gridge you in the 1000 :) I have never swum it in masters or age group for that matter.

Julie Roddin
December 10th, 2008, 08:12 AM
Hmmm ... my two favorite events (400 IM & 500 free) back-to-back and the opportunity to see how much a 1000 or 1650 in advance affects performance in those? Sounds like fun. I'll see if I can swing it.

Oh, just sign up for all of the events on Saturday...and make the 200 "choice" fly!! It will make the post-meet beer taste better I'm sure!

Chris Stevenson
December 10th, 2008, 10:45 AM
Hmmm ... my two favorite events (400 IM & 500 free) back-to-back

I did them both the last two years, I can't say it was the bestest thing ever but I seem to recall that there was about an hour break between the two. (At least.)

But I think the effects of the 400IM pretty much lastest the entire weekend for me. This year I think I might try the 200 back/1000 free/500 free combo, assuming they swim the 1000 slowest-to-fastest (I think they do).

Jeff and I have tentatively agreed to a 200 IM throwdown Sunday morning...feel free to join the fun!

FlyQueen
December 10th, 2008, 03:22 PM
I'm actually considering this ... I have a three day weekend that weekend so no rush to get back to work on Monday ... Chris where would I fly into?

SwimStud
December 10th, 2008, 06:43 PM
I'm actually considering this ... I have a three day weekend that weekend so no rush to get back to work on Monday ... Chris where would I fly into?

Connecticut...we'll split the drive! 10 hours with me in the car...think about it Heath' ;)

Chris Stevenson
December 10th, 2008, 08:50 PM

That would be great, you should come!

You can fly into Richmond, of course.

But you just might get a cheaper fare flying into DC and driving down with one of the multitude who are undoubtedly flocking to the meet. (It is 100 miles between Richmond and DC.)

Iwannafly
December 10th, 2008, 09:41 PM
Woo hoo, I've been ready for this meet for a month or more now.
Chris, I too slipped on the blocks with a track start for my 500 fr. I sliced my toe nicely, but didn't whine about it!;-)
Come on Stud, let's gridge something painful...
100 fly, 200 free, 500 free???

Anyway, I hope a lot of you can make it! See you all in February!

SwimStud
December 10th, 2008, 11:20 PM
Woo hoo, I've been ready for this meet for a month or more now.
Chris, I too slipped on the blocks with a track start for my 500 fr. I sliced my toe nicely, but didn't whine about it!;-)
Come on Stud, let's gridge something painful...
100 fly, 200 free, 500 free???

Anyway, I hope a lot of you can make it! See you all in February!

Hey we will def do 100FL and 200 FR..might now be at Zones though.. perhaps a virtual instead. If I can find the time and $ to fly I might go...unlikely though as it involves 33,000 feet vertical...I avoid this when I can.

Iwannafly
December 11th, 2008, 08:10 AM
Hey we will def do 100FL and 200 FR..might now be at Zones though.. perhaps a virtual instead. If I can find the time and $ to fly I might go...unlikely though as it involves 33,000 feet vertical...I avoid this when I can.
Hey, it's only another hour and a half past D.C. Plus, it starts on Saturday afternoon. I swam the 500 last year and it didn't start until after 5:00 I believe. You can make it Stud!

Chris Stevenson
December 11th, 2008, 09:44 AM

True; I don't remember you mentioning it.

Wolf-whine, your word for the day (month, year) is stoicism. Give it a try, I think you'll like it.:bolt:

Every so often, one of the older age groupers will start at the back wall, run toward the pool, jump up on those same slippery starting blocks and dive into the pool.

I would end up in traction if I tried something like that...

pwolf66
December 11th, 2008, 10:47 AM
<.>

Iwannafly
December 11th, 2008, 06:24 PM
<.>
Now Paul...that's no way to treat your friends!:)

pwolf66
December 11th, 2008, 06:49 PM
I'm sorry, OSHA has determined that the max load on my a$$ is two people unless I install hand rails and safety straps.

Iwannafly
December 11th, 2008, 07:49 PM
I'm sorry, OSHA has determined that the max load on my a$$ is two people unless I install hand rails and safety straps.

Since I can't swim backstroke, I have to get my jollies by poking fun at you occasionally! But you know I'm only kidding!

Swimalison
December 24th, 2008, 07:45 AM
Hi everyone!
Gee..since I've joined Facebook I've forgotten this poor little Forum!:doh:
I would LOVE to come to this meet. Not sure though. Dragging my 2 kids on a 5 hour trip for 2 days might be too much! If I can figure out a way to go though, I will be there. Miss you all! Have a great Christmas.:wiggle:

Speedo
December 24th, 2008, 11:05 AM
This sounds like a great time. Wife permission has been obtained and audio/video recorded. Looking forward to it- if anyone is interested in carpooling from NOVA early Sun morning send me a PM.

Thrashing Slug
December 27th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Can't do it on Valentine's day, but maybe I can make it to the next one and meet some of you yucksters.

I still haven't decided which events I want to swim at meets this year. Distance hurts like a :censor:, but sprints feel too short to be worth the trouble.

swimshark
January 4th, 2009, 07:23 AM
For those of you going, where are you staying?

Chris, are there any Hilton hotels in the area?

Chris Stevenson
January 6th, 2009, 09:35 AM
For those of you going, where are you staying?

Chris, are there any Hilton hotels in the area?

See if this link (http://directconnect.hilton.com/en/hi/hotels/search/newresults.jhtml;jsessionid=O24HBCBRTCLN4CSGBI13EW Q?statusMsg=status_success.jhtml&searchType=address&&showOnlyAvailable=false&_requestid=4350) works.

swimshark
January 7th, 2009, 02:50 PM
See if this link (http://directconnect.hilton.com/en/hi/hotels/search/newresults.jhtml;jsessionid=O24HBCBRTCLN4CSGBI13EW Q?statusMsg=status_success.jhtml&searchType=address&&showOnlyAvailable=false&_requestid=4350) works.

No. By the way, congrats Pres!!

Chris Stevenson
January 7th, 2009, 03:41 PM
No. By the way, congrats Pres!!

(I'm sure we'll make a good team...let's set up a time to talk by phone sometime soon.)

Sorry the link didn't work, I was being lazy :).

For Hilton-type hotels, go to

http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/index.do

Click the "Address" link and use the following address

12207 Gayton Road, Richmond, VA 23233.

The following were the closest two hits; the next closest was out by the airport, which is quite a ways away.

Embassy Suites Richmond
2925 Emerywood Parkway
Richmond, Virginia, USA, 23294
1-804-672-8585
6.44 miles from address

Doubletree Hotel Richmond Downtown
301 W. Franklin Street
Richmond, Virginia, USA, 23220
1-804-644-9871
11.62 miles from address

swimshark
January 8th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Thanks Chris. Yes, let's talk soon.

I was thinking the Garden Inn. Is that a good one?

Chris Stevenson
January 8th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Thanks Chris. Yes, let's talk soon.

I was thinking the Garden Inn. Is that a good one?

I'm not familiar with it but that doesn't mean much...I actually don't know too much about the hotels around here since U of R has on-campus lodgings for visitors, and I haven't gotten too much feedback from others.

Sorry!

swimshark
January 9th, 2009, 08:01 AM
Okay. Thanks Chris. I think we'll go there. It's only 8 miles to the pool and had breakfast for my boys - which will make them happy.

jroddin
January 16th, 2009, 12:26 PM
I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn two years ago, I think. It is the one in Innsbrooke? If so, it is right next to an awesome restaurant/bar that has an amazing beer selection!

swimshark
January 16th, 2009, 03:08 PM
Beer selection next door with a 3 year old with me. I'm sold. :chug:

Are you going this year, Jeff? Anyone going to the social?

Chris Stevenson
January 16th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Anyone going to the social?

We'll be going, it is going to be at Molly Dean Bittner's house this year.

I'm up for an after-social social as well. I think Julie had some specific place in mind? I'll handle reservations if I can get a head-count. I'll check on FB as well.

Iwannafly
January 16th, 2009, 07:34 PM
We'll be going, it is going to be at Molly Dean Bittner's house this year.

I'm up for an after-social social as well. I think Julie had some specific place in mind? I'll handle reservations if I can get a head-count. I'll check on FB as well.
I might be up for the after social social. The group I'm travelling with will probably skip the social and get dinner somewhere. I will probably be the only guy out of a group of 12 or so women, most of whom are wicked funny! So, I'll eat dinner with them, but I might want to meet up with you guys.

T.J.

pwolf66
January 20th, 2009, 05:14 PM
Well, since Auburn is out for me and my last meet was a bit of a disappointment, I'm considering coming on down.

Heather, you can ride down with me depending on what you want to swim on Sat. I'm thinking about entering the 500 so I would probably not leave until about 12pm or so. I'm about 2 hours away but picking you up from either Reagan or Dulles would not be a problem.

I'm leaning towards the 500 on Sat. The 200 IM, 50 Fly, 50 Free, 50 Breast and 50 back on Sunday.

Chris Stevenson
January 20th, 2009, 06:21 PM
Well, since Auburn is out for me and my last meet was a bit of a disappointment, I'm considering coming on down.

Great news -- well, except about the "disappointment" part -- hope to see you here. (I say "here" literally, I'm at the pool now for my son's age-group workout.)

The Fortress
January 20th, 2009, 06:42 PM

Heather, you can ride down with me depending on what you want to swim on Sat. I'm thinking about entering the 500 so I would probably not leave until about 12pm or so. I'm about 2 hours away but picking you up from either Reagan or Dulles would not be a problem.

I'm leaning towards the 500 on Sat. The 200 IM, 50 Fly, 50 Free, 50 Breast and 50 back on Sunday.

I'll miss you at Auburn!

I just hope for your sake the 200 IM is at the end and not before all your 50s!

Good luck all. Someone keep Roddin and Mulie sober please!

tjrpatt
January 20th, 2009, 07:46 PM
I was going to come down but since I have a chance to qualify for the Mid-Atlantic Senior Champs(usa-s meet) in the 2fly, I decided to do a local a/bb/c meet in the area that weekend to get the QT. Hope everything has a good time and swims fast.

swimshark
January 21st, 2009, 02:52 PM
Good luck Tom.

Julie Roddin
January 21st, 2009, 03:01 PM
Good luck all. Someone keep Roddin and Mulie sober please!

I will be running 18 miles Saturday morning so probably won't be too sober on Saturday night ;)

Chris Stevenson
January 21st, 2009, 04:06 PM
I will be running 18 miles Saturday morning so probably won't be too sober on Saturday night ;)

Take Roddin with you on the run, tell him it will be a good warmup for the 200 IM showdown on Sunday. :chug:

tjrpatt
January 22nd, 2009, 10:38 PM
Good luck Tom.

Thanks. I think that I will be the only 30 something in the area that does USA-S meets in Philly. Let's hope that my ID works now so I can register for this meet.

swimshark
January 23rd, 2009, 07:58 AM
Thanks. I think that I will be the only 30 something in the area that does USA-S meets in Philly. Let's hope that my ID works now so I can register for this meet.

You'll be fine. I'm usually one of the only 30-somethings at my local age group meets. It's neat to swim against the kids. Go get 'em!

tjrpatt
January 23rd, 2009, 10:23 AM
You'll be fine. I'm usually one of the only 30-somethings at my local age group meets. It's neat to swim against the kids. Go get 'em!

I will. Thanks.

Iwannafly
January 26th, 2009, 08:39 PM
I am signing up for the 500 free on Saturday, then the 200 IM, either the 50 or 100 free, and the 100 fly on Sunday. I would offer to join Chris and Jeff's throw down challenge in the 200 IM, but after I threw down a 59 second backstroke leg at the George Mason Sprint meet in November, I don't think even a minute's worth of spotting will make me competitive with those two! I am excited about my first ever 100 fly (and nervous at the same time).

jroddin
January 27th, 2009, 12:36 PM
Chris said:

Take Roddin with you on the run, tell him it will be a good warmup for the 200 IM showdown on Sunday.

I won't be running 18 miles anytime soon. Although if I did that on Saturday I think it would hurt less than the 400 IM did last year on Saturday!

Due to lack of originality, I'm just going to enter the same events as last year (with no dogfight in the 400 IM, I'm hoping the swim will be much more pleasant...). Depending on what else you are swimming, Chris, you are welcome to join me in the 100 IM for a double or nothing opportunity for one of us!

Is what's-his-name going to be there again this year? :banana:

Chris Stevenson
January 28th, 2009, 07:56 PM
Chris said:

I won't be running 18 miles anytime soon. Although if I did that on Saturday I think it would hurt less than the 400 IM did last year on Saturday!

Due to lack of originality, I'm just going to enter the same events as last year (with no dogfight in the 400 IM, I'm hoping the swim will be much more pleasant...). Depending on what else you are swimming, Chris, you are welcome to join me in the 100 IM for a double or nothing opportunity for one of us!

Is what's-his-name going to be there again this year? :banana:

I think you're talking about Scott (Murphy) Halasz. I don't know if he is entering, I'll have to ask Dave about it; Murph swims on his own at the Y. I think Lee Jewell has been training more this year so he'll be fast, and Ryan Bradley is reportedly over his shoulder injury from last year.

I didn't enter the 100IM, the GMU sprint classic was enough for me!

Since you aren't swimming the 400IM...did you enter the 500 or 1000?

pwolf66
January 29th, 2009, 09:02 AM
I know that everyone will be crushed but it looks like I will not be swimming in this meet. RL issues are starting to overwhelm my ability to schedule activities.

jroddin
January 29th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Since you aren't swimming the 400IM...did you enter the 500 or 1000?

If I entered the 500 or 1000, Nancy would get on my case about delaying the meet and then everybody else would be unhappy with me because that would push the social back, too.

Sorry I wasn't clear in my post. What I meant is I am swimming all of the same events as last year (which includes the 400 IM). The difference is I was thinking the 400 IM this year would just be "normal" pain (as opposed to pushing it so hard to knock 6 seconds off my time kind of pain)!

Good catch - yes, I was talking about Murphy.

Iwannafly
January 30th, 2009, 08:30 AM
I know that everyone will be crushed but it looks like I will not be swimming in this meet. RL issues are starting to overwhelm my ability to schedule activities.

Sorry to hear that Paul. We'll miss you (and we'll pretend to be crushed)!:)

Chris Stevenson
January 30th, 2009, 10:08 AM
The difference is I was thinking the 400 IM this year would just be "normal" pain (as opposed to pushing it so hard to knock 6 seconds off my time kind of pain)!

Good catch - yes, I was talking about Murphy.

Next time we swim 400 IM together, perhaps we should just see who gets closest ton 4:30.00 rather than what we did last year. (Seriously, the memory of that extremely painful swim is still very much with me...)

Dave says Murph hasn't been swimming much but he'll check. Heck, the guy was doing 1:45 in the 200 fly in college only 2-3 years ago, he could just show up without training and probably still clean our clocks.

Julie Roddin
January 30th, 2009, 02:33 PM
Finally just mailed my entry form...

Saturday- 1000 free, 500 free
Sunday- 200 back, 100 breast, 100 back

So much for the no 50s and 100s approach to this meet. I might have sandbagged my seed times, but am not sure so is that really sandbagging?

I'm looking forward to Saturday more than Sunday and wish I could have signed up for all of the events (except the 400 IM) on Saturday. Someday...

There will be no 18 mile run on Saturday morning...putting it off until Monday. Sorry Chris! But Jeff wouldn't have gone with me anyways unless he was on his bike!

Chris Stevenson
January 30th, 2009, 08:06 PM
There will be no 18 mile run on Saturday morning...putting it off until Monday. Sorry Chris! But Jeff wouldn't have gone with me anyways unless he was on his bike!

What, you're not going to do an 18 mile run before swimming the 1000 and 500 free? What kind of wimpy marathoner ARE you? :)

swimshark
January 31st, 2009, 02:38 PM
Sorry you will miss this one Paul.

I'm still debating what to swim. I'm thinking the 1000 and the 400 IM. No idea about Sunday, though.

pwolf66
January 31st, 2009, 08:07 PM
Sorry you will miss this one Paul.

Me too and even worse, it doesn't look like I will swim another meet until Zones :censor:

The Fortress
February 1st, 2009, 03:55 PM
Me too and even worse, it doesn't look like I will swim another meet until Zones :censor:

The timing of the Albatross meet does suck for masters swimmers with swimmer kids ... :(

swimshark
February 1st, 2009, 05:40 PM
The timing of the Albatross meet does suck for masters swimmers with swimmer kids ... :(

And those with kids with March birthdays. That's the day of Matthew's birthday party. I was hoping to swim it this year but his birthday is more important.

Iwannafly
February 6th, 2009, 07:54 AM
Okay OPL (and Chris)...what's the scoop with the apres-social gathering?
When can we start talking smack? I can't really back any of mine up in the pool, so I'll have to rely on my wit to humiliate people. Oh wait, I'm not witty either.

Julie Roddin
February 9th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Okay OPL (and Chris)...what's the scoop with the apres-social gathering?
When can we start talking smack? I can't really back any of mine up in the pool, so I'll have to rely on my wit to humiliate people. Oh wait, I'm not witty either.

I'm planning on the Saturday social that VMST hosts and then a few beers at Capital Ale House (http://www.capitalalehouse.com/locations/innsbrook.php). I won't be talking any trash this weekend, just hope to swim well and watch others swim fast!

Julie

swimshark
February 10th, 2009, 08:03 AM
I'll have Matthew with me so no social or ale houses. But I'll be there to swim and cheer on friends.

Iwannafly
February 10th, 2009, 08:15 AM
I'm planning on the Saturday social that VMST hosts and then a few beers at Capital Ale House (http://www.capitalalehouse.com/locations/innsbrook.php). I won't be talking any trash this weekend, just hope to swim well and watch others swim fast!

Julie

Okay, well, I guess I will forego the trash talk too! Damn you and your humble demeanor Julie!!! Just kidding. Do you have any idea of when you guys might head over to the Capital Ale House?

Chris Stevenson
February 10th, 2009, 12:00 PM
Okay, well, I guess I will forego the trash talk too! Damn you and your humble demeanor Julie!!! Just kidding. Do you have any idea of when you guys might head over to the Capital Ale House?

I don't know what the timeline is like yet, but if it is at all like last year the social will begin around dinner-time. So give is 1-2 hours for food and being social before heading over to the Ale House.

Iwannafly
February 12th, 2009, 09:41 PM
Chris and/or Julie,
I may need a little assistance to meet you guys at the Capital Ale House. I am riding with other people rather than driving my own car. I'm fairly certain that they won't want to go out after dinner. Could I get a ride from our hotel (the Holiday Inn Express)? I'll PM you my cell phone number.

Chris Stevenson
February 13th, 2009, 09:26 AM
Chris and/or Julie,
I may need a little assistance to meet you guys at the Capital Ale House. I am riding with other people rather than driving my own car. I'm fairly certain that they won't want to go out after dinner. Could I get a ride from our hotel (the Holiday Inn Express)? I'll PM you my cell phone number.

No problem, I'll give you a ride if you need it.

I will be going to the social after the meet tomorrow and you are welcome to come (it is $8; there will be food, of course). I'm planning on going to the Ale House after the social.

The social is going to be at Betsey Poehle's house; the address is 13504 Reynard Lane.

Here are directions from the pool:

Exit NOVA - turn RIGHT on to Gayton
Go through two stop lights
After second light, road turns into Causeway Drive
Go 1 - 1.5 miles; the road becomes divided
Once road becomes divided, take the 4th RIGHT on to Reynard Lane
Road will fork, bear right
House is at the end of the cul de sac
13504 Reynard Lane - yellow with green shutters

If you have questions call Betsey (338-8551) or Molly (514-6087). I'm sure there will also be flyers at the meet with directions.

The link Julie gave has a map and directions to Capital Ale House.

Iwannafly
February 15th, 2009, 07:53 PM
I would like to thank everyone who volunteered for putting on another great meet. I got to see a lot of people and a lot of great swims.

Chris Stevenson
February 15th, 2009, 09:31 PM
Glad you enjoyed it TJ. The meet has been uploaded into the national meet result database. The results should be posted on the VA web site (http://www.vaswim.org) shortly (as soon as our webmaster gets to it).

Speedo
February 16th, 2009, 10:11 AM
Right on- great meet, and very well-run. At least 2 national records broken (or did she break more than that?). *Immensely* inspiring to watch her. Nice to meet a bunch of you folks as well- thanks again for putting this on.

swimshark
February 16th, 2009, 03:26 PM
I would like to thank everyone who volunteered for putting on another great meet. I got to see a lot of people and a lot of great swims.

I'll 2nd that!!

Chris Stevenson
February 16th, 2009, 05:44 PM
The results are posted (http://www.pvmasters.org/results/vmst0209.pdf) on the PV web site.