PDA

View Full Version : Hour Swim at CMU

mermaid
January 12th, 2009, 05:17 PM
This is a USMS postal event that has been organized for the CMU swim group for the past four years by Anne Tilley. If a swimmer wishes to, he/she may submit results to USMS (national results mailed to swimmer with t-shirt (separate entry fee). The event must be swum during the month of January. No membership necessary, not a fundraiser, we have two heats and only ten spots left (as of Jan. 10)! Cost is $5 and swimmers must have their own counter.

It is very challenging to keep your wits about you when swimming for one hour straight in a 25 yard pool!

contact tilley33@yahoo.com

mermaid
January 18th, 2009, 07:25 PM
Congratulations Swimmers - You did it! What a great gathering of the local faithful.

Our very own Jim T. swam 4,700y, Carl G. swam 5,150y, and I swam 3,940y. Other swimmers included (but not limited to): Carol I, Marla, Jimmy G., Marc L. who all demonstrated great finesse and determination.

A ton of fun!

jim thornton
January 18th, 2009, 11:27 PM
Congratulations Swimmers - You did it! What a great gathering of the local faithful.

Our very own Jim T. swam 4,700y, Carl G. swam 5,150y, and I swam 3,940y. Other swimmers included (but not limited to): Carol I, Marla, Jimmy G., Marc L. who all demonstrated great finesse and determination.

A ton of fun!

And Mermaid capped it all off with a 400 IM in a follow up meet. Her IM was mostly legal.