PDA

View Full Version : Masters in Myrtle Beach?

pwolf66
January 23rd, 2009, 01:38 PM
Will be in the area for the week of April 6 -10 and looking for a program to swim with. Noticed that there seems to be a Masters program there, the Grand Strand Masters swimming out of the Pepper Geddings Rec center but would like to get a contact with them to get more info. Anyone swim with this program?

Donna
January 23rd, 2009, 04:30 PM
My parents live in Murrells Inlet just south of Myrtle Beach. Most of the time I just pay my $3 at Pepper Geddings and swim on my own, but I make sure I am there right when they open. My other option is to go with my dad to his health club which is Health Point which is south of Murrells Inlet off highway 17.

Have fun there is always so much to do there.

Glider
February 4th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Paul,

My wife's clan lives about 10 minutes away from PG. There's also a pool on Canal St. Both are towards North Myrtle Beach.

I swim at PG quite a bit, but not with the masters team. Swim OMO too and I always seem to have my own lane and they have good hours - open swim is as good a time as lap swim.

I did get to swim some sprints with the AG team during my last taper. Got to race the kids a few times. If they beat me they'd get out early. Ha!

I've also swum at Coastal Carolina University in Conway (~10 miles away) which has a master's team. But they don't put in the lane lines for lap swim...On the other hand I WAS the only swimmer in the pool.

One last thing...It may still be a little cold, but this is the only place I've done an OW swim...hit the ocean for a 45 minute workout when no pools were open, OMO, of course.

My parents live in Murrells Inlet just south of Myrtle Beach. Most of the time I just pay my $3 at Pepper Geddings and swim on my own, but I make sure I am there right when they open. My other option is to go with my dad to his health club which is Health Point which is south of Murrells Inlet off highway 17.

Have fun there is always so much to do there.

kpetzold
May 20th, 2009, 11:02 PM
Well, it's about a month after you asked but I've just now seen your post. Hopefully others will see this and know where to go.

There is usually a workout Monday & Wednesday evenings at 6:00 at North Myrtle Beach Aquatic Center. There is a Saturday morning workout at 6:30 that switches between North Myrtle Beach and Pepper Geddings.

http://afc.nmb.us/

Pepper Geddings usually has a workout Monday, Wednesday & Friday morning at 6:30. There are also evening workouts that I'm not familar with.

http://www.swimmersguide.com/query/Detail.cfm?PoolID=3893

There is also a group that works out at Coastal Carolina University. I don't know their schedules or even a website.

Hope that helps!!