PDA

View Full Version : Swim Meets in GA 2009

bergsteiger
January 25th, 2009, 09:07 PM
Hi all. Are there any meets in GA this spring? I just swam in a meet in Charlotte this weekend and am planning on doing one in Hilton Head in April. I just moved to the Savannah area this summer and started back swimming after a couple of years off. Thanks in advance for any info you might have.

:bow:

Glider
January 25th, 2009, 09:39 PM
You can find *most* of the Dixie Zone meets in the Meets & Results (http://www.dixiezone.org/Meets.htm) section of the DZ site.

You may have to search out USMS LMSC Web sites (http://www.usms.org/links/lmscwebsites.php) and team web sites for more localized/developmental meet information.

For Georgia, I'd recommend you also get subscribed to the GA LMSC Newsletter. You can get more info in the Newsletter (http://georgialmsc.googlepages.com/newsandresults) section on the GA LMSC Web site.

Here's what's on tap in GA and the Dixie Zone as of January 2009:

February 2009
8* Marist SCY Developmental Meet
14-15 Clearwater, FL SCY
14-15 Auburn, AL - SCY
20-22 Ft. Lauderdale, FL

March 2009
6-8 Dixie Zone SCY Championships, Pompano Beach, FL
14-15* St Patrick's Day SCY Invitational @ Dynamo
27-29 St Petersburg, FL SCY

April 2009
16-19 Y National SCY – Ft Lauderdale, FL
18-19 Raleigh, NC – SCY
24-26* Gary Eaton Memorial SCY Invitational @ Marist ***THIS MEET IS CANCELLED***

May 2009
7-10 USMS SC Nationals – Fresno, CA

June 2009
6* Classic City LC Invitational @ UGA
12-14 Dixie Zone Open Water Championship – Ft Myers, FL
13-14 Sarasota, FL – LC
19-21 Dixie Zone LC Championships – Ft Lauderdale, FL
27-28 Greenville, SC – LC

July 2009
TBA St Petersburg, FL LC TBA Georgia Games Open Water

August 2009
6-10 USMS LC Nationals – Indianapolis, IN
30* Mt Park SCY Development Meet (tentative date)

September 2009
16-20 USMS Convention – Chicago, IL
26* Georgia LMSC Annual Meeting
26* Peachtree City SCY Pentathlon

October 2009
TBD Bermuda Open Water
31-1 Dixie Zone SCM Championships – Columbia, SC

November 2009
31-1 Dixie Zone SCM Championships – Columbia, SC
8* Collins Hill SCY Developmental Meet

December 2009
TBA St Nicholas SCM Invitational @ Georgia Tech
TBA Coral Springs, FL – SCM

* GA LMSC meets

Hi all. Are there any meets in GA this spring? I just swam in a meet in Charlotte this weekend and am planning on doing one in Hilton Head in April. I just moved to the Savannah area this summer and started back swimming after a couple of years off. Thanks in advance for any info you might have.

Donna
January 26th, 2009, 07:35 AM

I swim for the Savannah Masters team. Welcome! There is a meet coming up in February 7-8 in North Myrtle Beach that 2 of us are going to attend. The information can be found on the Dixie Zone web site www.dixiezone.org . We will also be going to the St. Pat's meet in March up at Dynamo.

A few of us do the Hilton Head meet as well. Good party at this one out on the boat. There is a reason they call this one the College Flashback!

If you need any information feel free to private message me and I will get you connected to the information you need.

Hope to see you at the Chatham Aquatic Center. I usually train there Monday thru Friday 5:30-7:00 am.

bergsteiger
January 26th, 2009, 09:24 AM
Hello Glider, Donna. Thank you for the great info--actually Donna you had given me some info when I first moved here via the triathlon forum so thanks again. I actually work from 5:30am to 4pm Sun-Wed so I swim at the Aquatics Center in the evenings, although I do usually throw in a Thursday late morning swim. Maybe one of these days I will get in there early.

Would have liked to have done the Myrtle Beach meet but I already signed up for the Hilton Head 10K that weekend.

I guess the Dynamo meet is the one listed for Atlanta, GA. That is a possibility depending on when family comes to visit that month.

Thanks again to both of you for all the great info--I appreciate it.:bliss: