PDA

View Full Version : 2009 St. Patís Meet moved to March 28-29

Glider
February 3rd, 2009, 10:28 PM
In case you aren't on the GA LMSC distro list, we just received this notice:

"Change your meet calendars! The St. Patís Meet at Dynamo has been changed to March 28-29. We'll be getting a meet entry to you very shortly."

Donna
February 4th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Thanks for keeping us up on this. I am glad it moved by 2 weeks instead of one. This way I can keep my current on call schedule.

Hope to see you there Glider.

bergsteiger
February 6th, 2009, 01:32 PM
Yes, thanks for the update, Glider. I see the meet listed on dixiezone--any idea when entry forms will be available?

thewookiee
February 6th, 2009, 03:15 PM
Is this a good meet to attend? Attendance wise? How well is it run?

Donna
February 6th, 2009, 03:39 PM
Ed Saltzman always runs a great meet, nice facility and good pool (been fast for me).

For information on the turnout just go to the www.dixiezone.org and if you look under meets you can check out the meet results from last year to get an idea.

Come join us.

Glider
February 6th, 2009, 10:39 PM
It's a very well run meet in a fairly fast pool. We've had 135 and 149 swimmers show up the last two years with a lot of Dixie Zone records set.

So, c'mon down...

Is this a good meet to attend? Attendance wise? How well is it run?

bergsteiger
February 15th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Does anyone know the address of the pool the meet is held at? I went to the Dynamo Master's website and didn't see anything about the meet listed yet and a couple of different address under the club practice schedule. Just trying to see how close it will be to family I am staying with in the area. Thank you!

Donna
February 15th, 2009, 10:39 PM
The address is 3119 Shallowford Road, Atlanta, GA 30341.

Good swims this weekend Jacob.:cheerleader: I was glad to have the company and I look forward to seeing you at the St. Pat's meet.

bergsteiger
February 16th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Thank you for the address and for letting me know about the local meet--I had fun :banana:

If the Dynamo meet is as good as everyone says I might even take Sunday off so I can stay for the whole meet!

Glider
February 17th, 2009, 12:06 AM
The meet info (http://www.dixiezone.org/Meets/0903stpats.pdf) is now up on the Dixie Zone site.

Donna
February 17th, 2009, 09:50 AM
I hope you are healed enough to come see me cross over to the dark side for this meet.

Glider
February 17th, 2009, 03:08 PM
It's coming along...It's been three frustrating weeks now. :waiting: I was able to finally do some hard BR kicking during the Auburn warm-ups. But I paid the price the next day. Amazing how quickly you can lose it.

So you're going to do some of that evil stroke, eh? I'm guessing, the 200, right? Maybe we'll be in the same heat. According to FB, there will probably be one very fast former WR swimmer in the last heat of that one.:help:

I hope you are healed enough to come see me cross over to the dark side for this meet.

Donna
February 20th, 2009, 08:20 AM
It's coming along...It's been three frustrating weeks now. :waiting: I was able to finally do some hard BR kicking during the Auburn warm-ups. But I paid the price the next day. Amazing how quickly you can lose it.

So you're going to do some of that evil stroke, eh? I'm guessing, the 200, right? Maybe we'll be in the same heat. According to FB, there will probably be one very fast former WR swimmer in the last heat of that one.:help:

Glad to see you are improving. I have dusted off my speedo breaststroke fins and am working hard to improve at the evil stroke. I doubt we will be in the same heat since I am soooo much slower. I am looking forward to getting Creamed! by you.

bergsteiger
February 22nd, 2009, 08:59 AM
I have dusted off my speedo breaststroke fins and am working hard to improve at the evil stroke.

There are breaststroke fins? I am evidently an amateur who is not in the know :confused:

Mailed my entries last week--definitely not swimming the breaststroke at any distance!

bergsteiger
March 8th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Last week I finally finished my first 10,000 yard week only to be brought low by a horrible sickness inherited from my daughters. Lost 10 pounds and was bed-ridden for two days. Hopefully I can get back in the pool on Monday and not sink! Looking forward to the meet--hope I am healthy by then :)

Donna
March 8th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Hope you recover quickly. See you there.

thewookiee
March 8th, 2009, 05:21 PM
I am planning on coming. I was thinking about swimming at the wildcat invite in lexington the weekend before but I don't think I can make that one happen, so I will be at the St. Patty's meet though. Hope to meet some of ya'll

Lump
March 18th, 2009, 12:44 AM
hey guys, long time, no see! I'm STILL unemployed as of today so I haven't really been focused on training...however I still swim 3-4K SCY 2-3 times/wk and doing weights on the days in between. Swimming has been more of a fitness thing for me lately as I can't afford to spend extra money at this point on fees, travel, etc. I'm hoping to be back for the LCM season.

Last week I swam 3X and this week I'll do 3X now that my brother decided to swim with me again after a 6 months (he needs focus!). I'm over at Mountain View in the morning with the lap swimmers, so if you happen to be there and see a big, bald guy come say hi.

I may come down for the meet to watch depending on when my son's T-ball games get over. If I do come, I'll be helping my brother over at the Kastaway swimwear table (my mom and brother run the ATL operations). My college coach, Keith Switzer, will also be swimming and I hope to watch him put on a show in his age group (he's 46 I think)....he's been 1:45 this year in the 200 free! :banana:

Hope to see you guys soon and I still have my blog going:
http://jeffpalm-swimming.blogspot.com/

bergsteiger
March 22nd, 2009, 03:50 PM
Keep it up, Lump. Good to get in the pool for any reason--don't have to be focused on competition.

I couldn't swim a 1:45 at any age!

Does anyone know when psych sheets will be available for this meet?

Glider
March 24th, 2009, 12:10 AM
Psyche sheets are up here (http://www.dixiezone.org/Meets/0903stpat_psych.pdf)!

I'm in my second week back in the pool now after being out for the better part of four weeks - broken toe then flu...

I'm planning on stopping by. I may deck enter the 50 BR just to see where I am.

Hope to see y'all there!

Keep it up, Lump. Good to get in the pool for any reason--don't have to be focused on competition.

I couldn't swim a 1:45 at any age!

Does anyone know when psych sheets will be available for this meet?

bergsteiger
March 24th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Wow, sorry to hear about your difficulties, Glider. I had a bout with the flu as well that took me out of the pool for a while last month. Hope I don't do too poorly in this meet--swimming 8 events :afraid:

Thank you very much for the link!

Donna
March 24th, 2009, 02:10 PM
Thanks Glider.

I couldn't remember which entry I actually mailed in. Yes picking events was hard to do this time, but you would be proud of me it is a dark side return!

CreamPuff
March 24th, 2009, 05:28 PM
Mark, sorry about the injury and then the illness. Always tough to deal with and swim around. Hope to see you there!

Glider
March 28th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Real-time results are here (http://results.teamunify.com/gsdsc/). Notable swims on day one:

- Puffster went a 10:32 in the 1000, W 35-39.
- Heather went 27.71 in the 50 FR, W 40-44
- Donna went 13:05 in the 1000, W 45-49
- bergsteiger went 1:05.8 in the 100 back, M 30-34
- Chris W went 2:13 in the 200 BR, M 45-49.
- Sabir Muhammad went 20.08 in the 50 FR, M 30-34 (new National USMS record)

Awesome swims!!

Anyone know if the wookie made it to the meet?

Donna
March 29th, 2009, 09:04 PM
Glider,

Thanks for counting for me. How did your toe feel on that breaststroke? Hope you are on the mend now and it was great seeing you.

I guess I'll see you at the Columbia meet in Oct/Nov unless I can twist your arm to get you to go to Indy this summer.

Glider
March 30th, 2009, 12:16 AM
The toe held up okay. I'm going to do the Clemson meet to finish off SCY.

Then I'll start the LCM season at UGA Classic City Masters and close it with the GA LCM Sr. State meet at GA Tech in July. It's a three-day USAS meet with QTs, but they've added stroke 50s to the meet, much to the delight of many a sprinter.

Not sure on the SCM season yet...But I know I'm gonna do GA SCY Sr. State (USAS) in December again, as well as St. Nick's (USMS) if they have it this year.

Glider,

Thanks for counting for me. How did your toe feel on that breaststroke? Hope you are on the mend now and it was great seeing you.

I guess I'll see you at the Columbia meet in Oct/Nov unless I can twist your arm to get you to go to Indy this summer.

bergsteiger
March 30th, 2009, 05:42 PM
Hi Glider. Thanks for the mention. Sorry I missed you at the meet. I did see Donna and talked to her a couple of times.

Hope you are 100% for the Clemson meet and good luck!