PDA

View Full Version : Lake Erie crossing (3 records)

mattson
February 13th, 2009, 04:20 PM
I was surprised to see this heading the CoffeeNewsNaperville flyer. I did a search, and I don't think anyone has posted this here, even though it happened in July. (Also found a full article in the Buffalo News (http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregion/buffaloerie/story/386626.html).)

"Marathon swimmer: Natalie Lambert, 14, set not one but three records during a recent swim across Lake Erie, between Canada and the United States. She was the youngest swimmer ever to perform the feat, and her swim was the fastest ever. It took her seven hours, 47 minutes and 30 seconds. She did the 20-mile crossing swimming the butterfly stroke, which was the third record. 'Because she was doing the butterfly, it helped that the water was quite calm during the swim,' said her mother, Christine. Lambert's swims raise money for the Y Knot Abilities Programs at the youth organization, YMCA, which promotes competitive swimming among children with disabilities."

ViveBene
February 13th, 2009, 07:19 PM
Thank you for posting this. Teen girls are incredibly fast.

I'd be interested in more stories about long OW swims. The sparkling integrity of this one moves Jennifer Figge's ecotour of Atlantic off the page. A tonic.

:applaud:

orca1946
February 14th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Holy batman! I thought me doing 700 fly was a lot? Congrats to that young lady!