PDA

View Full Version : I have a serious addiction and need help!!!

Its a slow show
February 13th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Cheeto Puffs are my downfall. Time and again I try to quit but can't please help me!!!!! Any support groups??? EOM

pwb
February 13th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Do this: for every Cheeto you eat, add another 100 fly to your next workout. Then, you'll either stop eating Cheetos ... or keep eating them, but easily work them off.

CreamPuff
February 13th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Stop buying them.

Bobinator
February 13th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Read the ingredients on the label......do you really want that **** in your system?

aztimm
February 13th, 2009, 06:33 PM
Stop buying them.

I agree. People ask me quite often what I eat. I do snack, but mostly on nuts, dry cereal (healthy cereal), fresh fruits, sometimes some string cheese.

On the rare occasion I do buy snacks, I can easily eat a whole bag in a sitting. Doritos, Smart Food popcorn, etc. What I've learned to do is to take some out of the bag, put it on a paper towel/napkin/plate, close up the bag, put it away, and take that portion I got out to the table/couch. I'm usually too lazy to get up to get more, so usually that little bit is enough.

geochuck
February 13th, 2009, 09:33 PM
It is OK to snack on those good tasting items. I can't get my fill of sour cream and Sea Salt Chips or the Jalepino Chips made by The Bimbo Company in Mexico, are the ever crunchie.

I consume couple of quarts of the sour cream a week. I need the calcium, the protein, fat and carbos. I suggest that everone go on this nuticious binge.

Chuckie agrees the Lala sour cream here is the best.

Swmbug
February 14th, 2009, 12:33 AM
I feel for ya. My advice: Accept that you can't control the urge to binge on Cheetos and go cold turkey for a lonnng period of time, six months or so.
Don't buy them for your kids, for a party, for ANYthing or anyone. In the future, allow yourself to get them ONLY when you are eating out (at a sandwich shop, for instance) and in the company of a friend or loved one who understands you can only eat one portion, then you have to share the rest or throw it away before you leave.:2cents:

orca1946
February 14th, 2009, 12:43 AM
Do push ups for each one! That will help with the extra fly the other guy said?!

Thrashing Slug
February 15th, 2009, 08:42 PM
Switch to Natural Cheetos!
http://www.fritolay.com/our-snacks/cheetos-natural-white-cheddar-puffs.html

They have less chemicals, and are ostensibly healthier than the regular ones. Warning: they also taste better and are very addictive. My kids inhale a bag in minutes.

pwolf66
February 15th, 2009, 09:05 PM
Switch to Natural Cheetos!
http://www.fritolay.com/our-snacks/cheetos-natural-white-cheddar-puffs.html

They have less chemicals, and are ostensibly healthier than the regular ones. Warning: they also taste better and are very addictive. My kids inhale a bag in minutes.

But what a bucket load of salt

Paul Smith
February 15th, 2009, 09:28 PM
Do this: for every Cheeto you eat, add another 100 fly to your next workout. Then, you'll either stop eating Cheetos ... or keep eating them, but easily work them off.

Patrick, in your case another 100 fly means nothing...instead go to 15m on EVERY fly/back breakout on a set of 10 x 100's (5 of each stroke) best average on 5:00...actually do that set an eat anythjing you want afterwards!

chowmi
February 16th, 2009, 09:01 PM
Slow squared, you say you've tried to quit but just can't....so why quit?
Are you too heavy? Is it affecting your swimming? Less than stellar annual physical?

You've probably already tried going cold turkey or some sort of reward scheme other posters have suggested. They never work for me. I can't stay on an "ideal" nutritional dietary program for more than 48 hours before severe cravings start.

The key is to do something that is sustainable and realistic. It's not realistic to quit. It's not realistic to go cold turkey. Or substitute some crappy healthy snack for cheetos.

The most effective thing is....have a dessert every day! Just do so in moderation. And your mindset...think, "I can have a bowl of Cheetos everyday!" And you can! You just won't BINGE and eat the whole bag and then be filled with self loathing afterwards! You can actually say, "It is on my to-do list to have my bowl of cheetos after dinner!" And guess what! Ditto for tomorrow, and the next day, and the next!!

It totally works for me! Except I make a "personal dessert sampler" so I don't have to choose just one!

geochuck
February 17th, 2009, 08:42 AM
Buy smaller bags one at a time. It is just as satisfying when the bag is gone. You may have the empty the bag syndrome. You just want to see that bag empty so you can rip it apart to lick up all the crumbs to make you happy.

Cheetos the healthy snack http://images.google.ca/images?sourceid=navclient&rlz=1T4SUNA_enCA269CA269&q=cheetos&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=AMCaSdGLJZj-NPiF5ZIM&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&resnum=1&ct=title

orca1946
February 17th, 2009, 11:31 AM
OR. How about mixing cheerios & your fav?

Thrashing Slug
February 22nd, 2009, 11:48 PM
awwwwww yeaaaah.....

This thread gave me a craving, so I just had to get some natural cheetos to carb up for tomorrow's workout.

laineybug
February 23rd, 2009, 08:55 AM
buy one of those new gaddets that vaccum seals ziplock bags.

look at the nutrition label on the back and divide your entire bag into servings. Write the number of calories, amount of fat, sodium, etc per serving on the outside of each ziploc bag (not necessary to put the entire nutrition label on the ziploc bags.) Put one serving in one ziplock bag and seal it up.

Now, when you want to snack you can have one bag. The trick is to stop at one bag. I do find it easier to stop at a serving if the whole darn bag isn't right next to me. It is also easier to stop at a serving if you have planned the snack in your food for the day. So if one serving of cheetos is 150 calories, you will have to leave off a 150 calories somewhere else... you might tell yourself something like, if I have this snack I can't have _________.

If you really want to cut down or stop, try this.
wear a nice strong rubber band on your wrist. EVERY TIME the thought of cheetos pops into your mind, snap the rubberband good and hard. If you are eating cheetos, snap it EVERY TIME you put one in your mouth. Pretty soon you will associate the darn sting of the rubber band snap with the cheetos and you will not want them any more.

Lainey

Lainey

Snot Bubble
February 23rd, 2009, 09:31 AM
Maybe you should just kick your cat as a replacement therapy.

3strokes
February 23rd, 2009, 12:31 PM
If you really want to cut down or stop, try this.
wear a nice strong rubber band on your wrist. EVERY TIME the thought of cheetos pops into your mind, snap the rubberband good and hard. If you are eating cheetos, snap it EVERY TIME you put one in your mouth. Pretty soon you will associate the darn sting of the rubber band snap with the cheetos and you will not want them any more.

Lainey

Lainey

.....Or.................. he might get addicted to the pain and become
a masochist instead. :afraid:

Thrashing Slug
February 23rd, 2009, 03:10 PM
We're all a little masochistic, otherwise why would we subject ourselves to such pain in the pool. That rubber band method could be dangerous and end up achieving the opposite effect. <snap> oooooh... <chomp>. <snap> oh!! <chomp chomp>....

now where did I leave those cheetos?