PDA

View Full Version : jumping out of a pool

Warren
February 18th, 2009, 06:05 PM
I remember disscusing this before on here and everyone thought it wasn't possible.

This guy does it in 3 feet.

YouTube - Jarron Gilbert jumps out of pool

Steve Ruiter
February 18th, 2009, 06:38 PM
3 feet is not a pool, its a puddle.

meldyck
February 18th, 2009, 07:35 PM
3 feet is not a pool, its a puddle.

Watch what you call a puddle. My YMCA pool has a 3-foot shallow end & a 4-foot deep end. That deep end can be scary. You never know what might be lurking in those waters.

Rykno
February 19th, 2009, 10:08 AM
can't say whether or not the pool was 3ft, but it certainly looks like it is below his hips when he starts his jump.

3strokes
February 19th, 2009, 01:57 PM
I remember disscusing this before on here and everyone thought it wasn't possible.

This guy does it in 3 feet.

YouTube - Jarron Gilbert jumps out of pool (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXDSPbZ_OUw)

How tall is he?
What is the maximum height he can jump to from
a standing position in air?
The difference can tell us how much drag the three feet
of water imposed on him.

Steve Ruiter
February 19th, 2009, 02:44 PM
I'm just saying that the pool the guy jumps out of looks pretty shallow, making what sounds quite impressive, actually not so impressive.

To state the obvious, the shallower the water, the easier it is to jump out of it.

If I posted myself jumping out of a 12" tub of water you would not care at all. Probably not even 2' would be impressive.

If the guy in the background of this video were standing up and his suit were barely wet, you would be less impressed.

Cool video though...

2fish&1whale
February 19th, 2009, 03:25 PM
he would have been faster with a lazer...just sayin....

Warren
February 19th, 2009, 05:03 PM
I'm just saying that the pool the guy jumps out of looks pretty shallow, making what sounds quite impressive, actually not so impressive.

To state the obvious, the shallower the water, the easier it is to jump out of it.

If I posted myself jumping out of a 12" tub of water you would not care at all. Probably not even 2' would be impressive.

If the guy in the background of this video were standing up and his suit were barely wet, you would be less impressed.

Cool video though...

He makes the pool look shallow because he is 6-5 287!

You can see the 3 in the background, plus you have to add the extra few inches from the surface of the water to the cement. Thats like 40 inches. Alot of people couldn't do that in an empty pool.