PDA

View Full Version : "Biological passport" claimed to be deterrent

Leonard Jansen
February 26th, 2009, 08:33 AM
Interesting read...

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/24022009/3/biological-passport-shown-deterrent-wada.html

-LBJ

SLOmmafan
February 26th, 2009, 06:30 PM
My question is what are they doing at the college/NCAA level, and even high school level for doping prevention. Look at the 50 y free times now - it seems all together likely that the top 8 NCAA swimmers (men) could go sub-19 second times. Last year only one guy did it - Cielo. Is it the suits? Very well could be, they probably shave a tenth or two. Could it be other "enhancements"? I hope not, but I don't think it would be that hard for certain swimmers to sneak past any regulations currently in place at that level.

Anything that the sporting regulatory bodies (in all sports) can do to discourage cheating like this should be implemented. At the same time, there are a lot of aspects of sport that are needing to be addressed in full - particularly limits being placed on technological interference.

knelson
February 26th, 2009, 06:50 PM
it seems all together likely that the top 8 NCAA swimmers (men) could go sub-19 second times.

You really think so? Personally I'd be surprised if more than three guys break 19 at NCAAs.