PDA

View Full Version : Craig Lord in Swimnews.com 'outed me.

TomP
March 2nd, 2009, 03:02 AM
Hi,
Ouch!

I like Mr Lord, His journalistic contributions to swimming go back more than 20 years. I have seen that (IMHO) he has gotten a touch fixated on Tech-suits, so I sent him an e-mail suggesting that the issue was ready for a fork.

I had no idea that I would be in his next article.

Oh well, at least I did not mention how many suits I like to wear when I race..

http://swimnews.com/News/view/6690

Tom

TRYM_Swimmer
March 2nd, 2009, 06:13 PM
No sympathy here! I Just like the past "champions" who have made amazing short-term strides using "chemical enhancers" it's hard to argue with the statistics from the past few years regarding the effects of said suits. For what it's worth, I felt that there was even a bit of a buoyancy plus the first time I wore a pair of lycra jammers, tried in the middle of a meet.

Not "fork-ready" just yet!

Good points on both sides. Look forward to you and Mr. Lord continuing your "analysis."

TomP
March 3rd, 2009, 12:02 PM
Greetings,
While I may have truly jumped the gun in my analysis of the percentage of bandwidth that Mr Lord was giving tech suits in his SN.com columns. that said, I think that where I understated my opinion was in the area of drugs that work (Speed-effective, do not pop-positive in a WADA/IOC protocol, and do not cause so much physical alteration as to cast suspicion)

None of the ULTRA FAST, radical time droppers, Leveaux, Bernard and/or <Insert Chinese swimmer here> use multiple suits. The swimmers wearing 2-4 suits are largely anonymous......their use and existence consumes much bandwidth.

Time drops by there aforementioned (and chronicled with accuracy and passion by Mr Lord and his experienced statistical support staff) are in line with every drug induced performance campaign we have seen in past years and decades.

I clumsily and un-professionally called on Mr Lord to use his incredible skill and experience to get on what I thought (IMHO) to be the true 'Poison in the Pool'. I stand by my assertions, I wish I could restate the original message.

Sincerely
Tom Price