PDA

View Full Version : 2009 FINA Rankings

Ian Smith
March 9th, 2009, 03:02 PM
The 2008 (not 2009!) rankings are up on the FINA site - some amazing times (as usual)

http://www.fina.org/project/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=707&Itemid=331

Congrats to Ande with some #1 rankings!

Ian

knelson
March 9th, 2009, 04:38 PM
Yay, I was fifth this year for the LC 1500 meter free, up from sixth last year! I noticed Paul Smith and Erik Hochstein both had a few number one rankings. I'm sure there are a few others on this forum, as well. Congrats, all!

eidt: also CreamPuff has number one rankings in both SC and LC. Well done!

JimRude
March 9th, 2009, 05:01 PM
I was bumped in the 50 and 100 BR by two Japanese and an Italian... What is this, 1941?! :duel:

Rich Abrahams
March 9th, 2009, 06:04 PM
Does anyone know when they started using the calendar year for rankings? Didn't they used to have a mid fall cutoff date? I'm glad they are now synched with USMS rankings.

Rich

CreamPuff
March 9th, 2009, 06:52 PM
Yay, I was fifth this year for the LC 1500 meter free, up from sixth last year! I noticed Paul Smith and Erik Hochstein both had a few number one rankings. I'm sure there are a few others on this forum, as well. Congrats, all!

eidt: also CreamPuff has number one rankings in both SC and LC. Well done!

Thanks Kirk! Wow! Congratulations to you as well on that 1500 and relay. :cheerleader: I also saw Leslie Livingston made quite an amazing showing.

Kirk. We are so distance. :bitching::bitching:

knelson
March 9th, 2009, 07:41 PM
Kirk. We are so distance. :bitching::bitching:

I am. Not so sure about you! I doubt there are too many people who made top ten in both a 50 meter event and a 1500 meter event.

Ian Smith
March 9th, 2009, 08:28 PM
In the SCM rankings a guy posted times in the 100-105 age group. Very inspirational.

Two minutes for the 50 free - not bad! Hey, we have guys like that in our club much much younger. (sometimes I feel I'm getting there myself)

Jim Thornton: congrats!!! you did really well this year. Must be that Race Club experience.
Ian.

tjrpatt
March 9th, 2009, 08:48 PM
They don't recognized the 400 and up relays.

I hope to make it next year. Of course, we will see what happens.

Congrats on the people who made the FINA list.

Ahelee Sue Osborn
March 10th, 2009, 09:50 AM
A really fun thing about the USMS Forums and FB is following the athletes all season and getting to know each other outside of the racing and result sheets.

This is the first year I felt like I actually knew many of the swimmers and their stories as I looked over the rankings.
There is so much life juggling, good training and support that went into all these swims and top rankings.

Great to see the coaching & support contributions coming now, from far beyond immediate family, coaches, and team mates. Virtual coaches and team mates have found a real place on our own personal teams.
This is so excellent for the unnattached swimmers and newcomers.

I have a feeling that championship meets, Nationals and especially Team USA at World's will have a more encompassing feeling of camaraderie that may have been smaller or missing in the past for swimmers.
Good stuff.

Julie Roddin
March 10th, 2009, 10:40 AM
I missed it by just TWO TENTHS in the SCM 200 back! Yikes! Last year I missed it in the 100 back by three tenths. Getting closer!

Congrats to everyone who made it into the rankings. I saw SwimmieAvsFan in there with her incredible 200 back in both SCM and LCM!

I'm inspired.

Julie

The Fortress
March 10th, 2009, 01:58 PM
I saw SwimmieAvsFan in there with her incredible 200 back in both SCM and LCM!

No body suit, no B70! :applaud:

Times looked generally faster this year to me.

Michelina
March 10th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Great job everyone! There are a few members of Team Hottub on the list! ROCK ON!