PDA

View Full Version : Riddle me this...

Leonard Jansen
March 11th, 2009, 02:35 PM
On our USMS registration cards there is a line that says "Registration card and travel permit." What on earth does the "travel permit" part mean?

"Where y'all think you're goin', boy? We don't like your kind - distance weenies - 'round these here parts. Y'all can't leave Elizabethtown without your USMS travel permit."

-LBJ

knelson
March 11th, 2009, 03:02 PM
Next time I travel abroad I'm just going to bring my USMS card. It's a travel permit, after all, so I'm sure it's just as good as a passport.

scyfreestyler
March 11th, 2009, 03:34 PM
If you are truly a swimmer, you can't travel without that card. It's in the fine print somewhere I am sure.

Rykno
March 11th, 2009, 04:19 PM
could it be in reference to you being able to travel outside of your LMSC and compete, but you need to bring the card with you?!?

DPC
March 11th, 2009, 04:53 PM
So we can travel to the Atlantis International and swim against the merpeople. Big meet need the proper paperwork.

Leonard Jansen
March 11th, 2009, 05:13 PM
Next time I travel abroad I'm just going to bring my USMS card. It's a travel permit, after all, so I'm sure it's just as good as a passport.

In the words of Mr. Rogers: "Can you say 3-hour, full-body, all-cavity search with a cattle prod? I knew you could."

-LBJ

jim clemmons
March 11th, 2009, 07:30 PM
I think it means you're allowed to travel between one end (of the pool) and the other.:bump:

swimfree
March 11th, 2009, 08:09 PM
It's a permit you show to your spouse when you want to go to a swim meet:"You see, honey. Here it's written. I can travel to that meet." :bolt:

meldyck
March 11th, 2009, 08:38 PM
I think it means you're allowed to travel between one end (of the pool) and the other.

Wait a minute, Jim, is THIS what swimming is all about?

funkyfish
March 11th, 2009, 09:49 PM
Doesn't it have something to do with basketball?:banana:

nkfrench
March 11th, 2009, 09:53 PM
I'll bite - I'm guessing that it has something to do with USMS granting their registered swimmers permission to swim in (international) FINA Masters meets if the host team issues an invitation. So you would not need to register as a member of the host FINA organization to participate in their sanctioned meets.

But I did like the basketball reply...

That Guy
March 11th, 2009, 09:55 PM
Wait a minute, Jim, is THIS what swimming is all about?

Swimming: what NOT to do http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29641622/

jim clemmons
March 12th, 2009, 01:18 PM
Swimming: what NOT to do :afraid:http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29641622/

Good enuf reason why I stick mainly to pool swimmin.