PDA

View Full Version : Equal under the law?

JMiller
March 15th, 2009, 09:41 PM

SLOmmafan
March 16th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Swimmers already have this to some degree - Michael Phelps wears a Speedo suit and Speedo pays him millions of dollars in sponsorship. You can argue that he is an exception, but other swimmers at this elite level have lucrative deals in place with companies.

Swimming (and especially water polo) do not have the fan interest to generate a professional level organization to generate the kind of money in basketball and even hockey. I love swimming, but the reality is I would have no desire to watch or attend matches/meets on a weekly or even monthly basis. Something tells me I am not alone!

JMiller
March 16th, 2009, 08:09 PM
Swimming (and especially water polo) do not have the fan interest to generate a professional level organization to generate the kind of money in basketball and even hockey!

When we look at hockey today you have to keep in mind the 80 years of investment that went first. It's all a matter of the right marketing approach.

Underwater camera's that follow the game of water polo from inside the pool, perhaps the camera man wears fins and captures above and below action of the game. That could be interesting! Combine that with the Don Cherry of water sports, and the fan base could grow significantly.