PDA

View Full Version : New suit

swim25
March 16th, 2009, 10:14 PM
I am thinking about getting a new suit for competition but am wondering whether or not it is worth it for me to get one. Currently I have a TYR splice brief that I wear to practice and to meets. I have been looking at speedo's aquablade, the have it at swimoultet for $50. Is it a good idea to go with a higher end jammer than a brief? I have only competed in 2 meets since I started swimming and I would not say I am fast by any means. My 50 is a 28.4 and my 100 is a 106.2 (a slight idea of m capabilities) will a different suit give me any gains(obviously they wouldn't be significant at my level) or am I better off waiting until I have more swims under my belt. I have a meet coming up this weekend and Nationals in May and I would like to get the best times I can. Do jammers make a difference over briefs?

tdrop
March 16th, 2009, 10:25 PM
I don't think you will notice any difference between a brief or a jammer of the regular variety, i.e., not a technical racing suit. The suits you describe are regular fabric suits and not faster than shaved skin. If I were you, I would pick the suit in which I was most comfortable.