PDA

View Full Version : Any Advice? Choosing a Clinic in the Washington D.C. Area

mikeh
March 18th, 2009, 07:55 PM
I may be in the market for a swim clinic in the Washington D.C/northern Virginia area. Can anyone suggest a good one for my money? I've been swimming masters awhile and I train by myself. The time may be nigh, however, when some of my stroke problems are beyond my own efforts to fix.

Thanks in advance to any suggestions!

thewookiee
March 18th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Mike,

Instead of a clinic, let me suggest you contact Beth Baker. She is an AWESOME stroke tech. person.
I have known Beth for about 10 years. She is top notch. I flew to D.C. this past weekend to spend two days having her make changes to some of my strokes.
If you want her contact info, send me a pm. She is well worth the time. Plus, one-on-one coaching is a lot better. She video tapes you, watch it right on the pool deck and then back into the water for corrections.

John

tjrpatt
March 18th, 2009, 08:45 PM
There is always the Clay Britt Clincs that I see on several website. I never been to one of the clinics but I think they are done in Bethesda, MD.

tjrpatt
March 18th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Mike,

Instead of a clinic, let me suggest you contact Beth Baker. She is an AWESOME stroke tech. person.
I have known Beth for about 10 years. She is top notch. I flew to D.C. this past weekend to spend two days having her make changes to some of my strokes.
If you want her contact info, send me a pm. She is well worth the time. Plus, one-on-one coaching is a lot better. She video tapes you, watch it right on the pool deck and then back into the water for corrections.

John

Beth is the Assistant Coach at American Univ.. Has she been there for 10 years? I swam there at the 1996-1997 season only so I probably missed her by a few years. I always see her articles in Swimmer Magazine.

thewookiee
March 18th, 2009, 09:05 PM
Beth is the Assistant Coach at American Univ.. Has she been there for 10 years? I swam there at the 1996-1997 season only so I probably missed her by a few years. I always see her articles in Swimmer Magazine.

What is your last name? I was on that team. I am a 1999 grad. Mark Davin was my coach. Beth came on board during the 1999-2000 season. I knew her for a bit before then, swimming masters in Reston, VA.

tjrpatt
March 18th, 2009, 11:32 PM
Small world!

Treebox
March 19th, 2009, 09:38 AM
Dave Amato coaches the Masters team at Mcdonogh which has a terrific new facility. He also conducts one on one and group clinics as part of Eagle Masters in Owings Mills, MD. (Outside of Baltimore, about an hour from DC, less on weekends).

www.eagleswimteam.com (http://www.eagleswimteam.com) under the Masters section

www.trainingtempered.com (http://www.trainingtempered.com) his personal trainer website for all of you triathletes.

Great stroke technician.