PDA

View Full Version : IUPUI JULY 5th SWIM Meet

NKMD
May 24th, 2003, 10:03 PM
Here is the link to the IndySwimFit LCM swim meet

http://www.indyswimfit.com/firecracker.pdf

Fast pool. This is where they hosted the Dual in the pool.

Get ready for LONG COURSE

urban
May 27th, 2003, 11:11 PM
Nadine,

Just hopped in the (OUTDOOR) pool today for the second time since Tempe and was greeted with a nice and refreshing if not mind-blowing 58 degree water. As my face turned numb and my mind wandered, I actually thought of nicer things like counting from 1 to 3 and 4 to 6. I really can't tell if I'll go to INDY seeing that 4th of July is before the meet, but it sure is tempting; seeing that the last time I saw longcourse in INDY was when Phelps went 4:10 in the IM--what a nut!!!

I sure hope some other IM swimmers would respond to this post and let others know if an INDY trip is in their plans.

Beuler...Beuler....Anyone...Anyone?????

:p :p

MPohlmann
May 28th, 2003, 11:15 AM
John and I plan to swim at the Indy meet, July 5th. We hope to bring some others from Carbondale along.

Dont' forget the July 27th meet in Carbondale.

Mary

carlsaxton
June 2nd, 2003, 08:47 PM
Well, I'll be on a boat somewhere celebrating the 4th of July weekend. So don't count on me. :D

Coach Sue
June 18th, 2003, 05:21 PM
looks like I'm going to Indy with 1 or 2 of my swimmers. Anyone else thinking about heading to Indy for the July 5th meet?

JRidge
June 18th, 2003, 06:35 PM
Bob and I are going down

mattson
June 19th, 2003, 04:29 PM
I'm in. (Too bad, no relays...)

NKMD
July 5th, 2003, 10:44 PM
It was great seeing y'all at Indy. The Naperville crew, you guys are awesome for making the RAINY trek down, you brave souls.

There was some great swims-Mark Mattson 200 breast, Jennifer Ridge 100 free, Sue breast. There was also some new faces.

Yeah it was great getting my butt kicked in the free by a youngster (21). 2:03 200 free was just a bit too fast.

Hope to see you guys more often.
Next meet Carbondale.

Coach Sue
July 5th, 2003, 10:59 PM
Yo Nadine.....What a great time in Indy. You were awesome along with the other IM swimmers. I'm glad we made the soggy trip! It makes me psyched for nationals next April!

Looking forward to the road trip to carbondale. Anyone else going?

Stay wet.

born2fly
July 6th, 2003, 08:03 AM
I had a good time at the Indy meet and thought it was a well run meet, Nadine, I'm with you on getting butt kicked by the 21 yr old, I was right there in that heat with you. I was hoping you were going to swim the 200fly, maybe next time.

As for Carbondale, is that a nice pool, fast? Is it worth the road trip from Ohio?

See everyone in Cleveland whoever is going.

Greg

mattson
July 7th, 2003, 10:30 AM
Besides making Olympic Trial standards in the 200 and 400m free, Stowers stomped on the existing USMS records (surprise, surprise). 5 seconds and 20 sec better, respectively. :eek:

It was fun to be at a relaxed meet like that, and still see that kind of a performance. :cool: