PDA

View Full Version : What size b70 nero to get?

Snap5
March 22nd, 2009, 03:09 PM
Hmm, for the blueseventy high neck nero, what size should i get?
I am pretty skinny, 6"2 and 140 lbs. All the size charts tell me to get sizes based on my height and weight, but the problem is, they never have my size and wieght together. Either someone who weighs 125-160 is about 5"5, or the weight for 6"2 is usually 190-200 lbs. So help me, what size should i get?

knelson
March 22nd, 2009, 04:55 PM
Pretty skinny? :)

My guess is go for a size 26. Anything else would be too short. The best advice is to call Blue Seventy and see what they think.

Snap5
March 22nd, 2009, 06:04 PM
Pretty skinny? :)

My guess is go for a size 26. Anything else would be too short. The best advice is to call Blue Seventy and see what they think.

Oh, im 14 years old so yeah, im a little thinner than average for my age :) And thanks btw :D

TomP
March 23rd, 2009, 09:40 AM
Hi
I am 6-3 185
I wear a 28

get a 24

Tom Price
Craig Lord HATES ME!
See Tony Austin's Swim Blog.........

IMTomPrice@GMail.com

That Guy
March 23rd, 2009, 09:56 AM
Craig Lord HATES ME!
See Tony Austin's Swim Blog.........

Heheh. For what it's worth, I agree that doping is a far bigger issue than swimsuits. But Craig Lord is striving for swimsuit martyrdom, and you messed with his mojo...:rofl:

ande
March 23rd, 2009, 12:42 PM
I'd say a 24 or 26

Read:
FINA's issued New Rules for Tech Suits

Tip 201
Which Suit Suits you? More info On Racing Suits

Tip 214
Even More On Racing Suits

letsrace
March 24th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Ande makes a good point about thinking about the future with these suits, but as it stands I don't think that b70 will be outlawed in Phase I of the FINA rules.

Take a look at this post from b70 (http://thewaterisopen.blogspot.com/2009/03/how-will-fina-rules-affect-blueseventy.html).

Fina’s rules, issued in a two-stage process, will limit suits on thickness, buoyancy and other areas as of March 31st this year. This will be the standard until Jan 1st 2010, when the restrictions of phase two will come into effect.

“Phase one should not affect the legality of our current suits at all. All our in-house testing has shown that our current suits meet all of the phase one restrictions, including those relating to buoyancy. There has been a lot of incorrect information, and personal viewpoints ushered into the public arena, and we feel that some of these tests will help reduce the confusion that seems to be out there.”

As far as size goes, I would argue for a 24. I personally haven't seen one, but I will say this: I weigh 190 and am 6' 2". I wear a 26 although sizing charts would recommend a 28. I think the 28, although it fits and is more comfortable, lacks the compression effect that the 26 gives.

At 140 lbs, I just think the 26 will be for you what the 28 is for me. If you can, I would order both and send one back (one of Ande's suggestions in his Tips).

ande
April 28th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Thanks, be sure to ask if the company you're getting your suit or suits from has a restocking fee. Some do & it's pretty high.

Ande

Ande makes a good point about thinking about the future with these suits, but as it stands I don't think that b70 will be outlawed in Phase I of the FINA rules.

Take a look at this post from b70 (http://thewaterisopen.blogspot.com/2009/03/how-will-fina-rules-affect-blueseventy.html).

As far as size goes, I would argue for a 24. I personally haven't seen one, but I will say this: I way 190 and am 6' 2". I wear a 26 although sizing charts would recommend a 28. I think the 28, although it fits and is more comfortable, lacks the compression effect that the 26 gives.

At 140 lbs, I just think the 26 will be for you what the 28 is for me. If you can, I would order both and send one back (one of Ande's suggestions in his Tips).