PDA

View Full Version : For all you Lance fans

RuffWater
March 26th, 2009, 09:29 AM
Rest assured... Lance and his collarbone are in good hands. Dr. Doug Elenz, the orthopedic surgeon who operated on Lance's broken collarbone is a former UTx All-American and current USAS judge (working the local age-group meets). Doug will get Lance back on his bike in no time.

aquageek
March 26th, 2009, 09:34 AM
How much of an impact will this type of injury make on a cyclist? I would think it would be super painful.

thewookiee
March 26th, 2009, 10:08 AM
How much of an impact will this type of injury make on a cyclist? I would think it would be super painful.

None. He will get some new designer drugs and move on.

Jhender
March 26th, 2009, 10:19 AM
He's riding a bike with not much movement. ESPN says he should be back very soon. He needs to get in the pool and complete the trifecta!!! :bump:

aquageek
March 26th, 2009, 10:29 AM
I would think holding your arms out with a broken collarbone would ge awfully painful.

ande
March 26th, 2009, 10:31 AM
I swam with Doug at UT, he's a great guy. He swam in 2008 SCY Nat's in Austin, and tied the 45 - 49 24.81 50 backstroke record .

Rest assured... Lance and his collarbone are in good hands. Dr. Doug Elenz, the orthopedic surgeon who operated on Lance's broken collarbone is a former UTx All-American and current USAS judge (working the local age-group meets). Doug will get Lance back on his bike in no time.

Mookie
March 26th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Oh man, collar bone fractures hurt. They are connected to everything, absolutely everything in your body; you can't talk, breathe, or move without breathtaking pain. I've broken the left one in a bicycle wreck, and the right one teaching a Buick a lesson with my motorcycle.

With that said, he is a STUD and probably has a pain thresh hold we can't imagine, so he'll be back soon. Just take my word for it, if he's riding in less than four weeks, it's not something you would want to do. :bow:

geochuck
April 7th, 2009, 03:43 PM
Just thought you cycle guys would like to see this story about Former world cycling champion Jobie Dajka found dead http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/090407/sports/cycle_dajka_death

lefty
April 7th, 2009, 09:48 PM
Rest assured... Lance and his collarbone are in good hands. Dr. Doug Elenz, the orthopedic surgeon who operated on Lance's broken collarbone is a former UTx All-American

While Dr. Elenz may be a fine surgeon, how is his attendence at a 2nd rate public Univeristy proof of such?

cyclist
April 8th, 2009, 01:43 AM
cyclist break their collar bones all the time. Usually riding again in 4 weeks.

pwb
April 8th, 2009, 04:50 PM
While Dr. Elenz may be a fine surgeon, how is his attendence at a 2nd rate public Univeristy proof of such?

You must be referring to his medical degree in Houston and not his undergrad degree in Austin.

Hook 'em

Kurt Dickson
April 8th, 2009, 11:33 PM

I wondered the same thing.:)

orca1946
April 12th, 2009, 11:17 AM
I'm pulling for Lance to do well:applaud: