PDA

View Full Version : Speedo - Wetsuit?

Rykno
April 9th, 2009, 02:38 PM
I just got an email from Speedo International. and found a tri wetsuit made by speedo.

two kinds 4 versions. one is the Thinswim 2.0 and the Thinswim Pro

the other was the STR protriathlon wetsuit and STR X

are they new to the market, only available in Euro, or has anything seen them out in the water before.

I was planning on getting a Blueseventy 2008 Reaction, but the speedo suits look nicer.

ande
April 9th, 2009, 02:41 PM
i'd like a suit that makes me thinner

orca1946
April 9th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Blue 70 is fine for a tri, but not anymore for swimming.Or soon to be that way.

lefty
April 9th, 2009, 04:42 PM

This suit exists, I have several hanging in my closet. You put it on, swim for two hours, and lose 3 pounds.

RuffWater
April 9th, 2009, 05:23 PM
Don't choose a wetsuit on looks. Buy the one that fits you the best.

pwb
April 9th, 2009, 05:29 PM
I just got an email from Speedo International. and found a tri wetsuit made by speedo.

two kinds 4 versions. one is the Thinswim 2.0 and the Thinswim Pro

the other was the STR protriathlon wetsuit and STR X

are they new to the market, only available in Euro, or has anything seen them out in the water before.

I was planning on getting a Blueseventy 2008 Reaction, but the speedo suits look nicer.

I have a Blueseventy Reaction wetsuit, full body that I have used for o/w training and racing in colder water. It's a nice suit. However, I think when I buy my next o/w wetsuit, I'll opt for a sleeveless one. As a lifelong swimmer, I still find the full sleeve length a bit odd. Of course, I'm probably not going to race or train in water less than 60 degrees.

pwb
April 9th, 2009, 05:31 PM
One option that might exist for you: see if you can find a triathlon focused store that rents wetsuits. Our stores here in the Phoenix area do that. It's a great way to try out different suits for races to see which one you like.

jim clemmons
April 9th, 2009, 06:05 PM

Just get one about 4 sizes too small and a couple of people to stuff you in. You'll be thinner - maybe not able to breathe - but "thinner" nonetheless.

Rykno
April 15th, 2009, 09:22 AM
Update:

found out why not too many had heard of the Speedo wetsuits. they just came out last week. and are not even out of the SpeedoUSA site. only the UK site has them from what I could see.

since I was not going to be able to get any feedback on the suit to compare to my current B70 Reaction. I decided to go with the cheaper of the two, since I plan on buying a techsuit in the next 12 months.

My Speedo wetsuit should arrive next week. I'll post back later on my thoughts and comparison between myt B70 Reaction and the Speedo.

orca1946
April 15th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Make sure if it's for swimming , it will be legal after they ban some suits!