PDA

View Full Version : Wondering what the level of interest would be

pwolf66
April 11th, 2009, 08:57 PM
For a SCM meet in the Germantown, MD area (about 20mi NW of DC) to be held in early to mid-November.

Our team is trying to hold a SC meet, preferably SCM and we are in the beginning stages of 'negotiations' with a local facility. We currently are targeting a 1 day, 4 hour meet that would have all the pool events 200 or shorter and would alternate the 400 IM/400 Free on a bi-yearly basis. The facility that we are looking at hosts several very fast USAS meets and is a deep, fast tank. We are hoping for a Saturday afternoon (3pm or so start, with a 2pm w/u).

Just wanted to get a feel from the forumites who might be interested in a meet like this one. It's a chance to get a late season SCM meet in in a fast pool.

KEWebb18
April 12th, 2009, 11:08 AM
I would definitely be interested in such a meet. I haven't swam any SCM meets but I train in an SCM pool. Plus it would give me a chance to get out of central VA! :)

tjrpatt
April 12th, 2009, 11:31 AM
I might be interested in coming down to the DC area for a SCM meet in the fall.

ktnmymug
April 12th, 2009, 12:50 PM
I would go. Kim from Pittsburgh PA

Chris Stevenson
April 12th, 2009, 04:11 PM
It would depend on whether it conflicts with the one-day SCM meet in Virginia Beach.

I would feel obliged to support meets in my own LMSC.

tjrpatt
April 12th, 2009, 06:45 PM
Maybe have it in late October. Other than the GMU Sprint Classic, there doesn't seem to be any meets going on in October.

pwolf66
April 12th, 2009, 06:56 PM
Maybe have it in late October. Other than the GMU Sprint Classic, there doesn't seem to be any meets going on in October.

Except we are very reluctant to have back to back local meets. It's why we're targeting mid-Nov. But it seems there's some interest. Now to 'convince' the facility managers that having a meet would be in thier best interests. Wish us luck.

swimshark
April 13th, 2009, 05:16 PM
I would be interested.

Michelina
April 13th, 2009, 05:43 PM
You know me... beam me up scotty!

mpmartin
April 14th, 2009, 12:44 AM
I'd be very interested in attending it.