PDA

View Full Version : Blog posting question

jim thornton
April 21st, 2009, 12:16 AM
Would it be impossibly difficult to add a blog post update feature? Sometimes I will leave a comment on a person's blog and forget about it, only to discover some (great deal of) time later that they have responded on their blog comments section. The User CP tab lets you know if others have posted new comments on threads you've posted on. Would it be hard to add this feature to blog postings, too?

matysekj
April 21st, 2009, 11:52 PM
Jim, if I understand your question, there already is such a feature. I believe you're referring to "Default Subscription Mode" option in the Edit Options screen in your User CP. This option allows you to add an automatic email subscription to any thread to which you post. You'd like the same type of option available for blog posts or comments you leave on someone else's blog posts, right?

If that's correct, then here's where you find it. Go to the blogs section and open your Blog Control Panel via the left side navigation block (direct link (http://forums.usms.org/blog_usercp.php?do=editoptions)). The last two settings on this page control your default subscription mode for blogs - one for blog entries you create and one for blog comments you leave on other member's blog entries.

humanpunchingbag
July 18th, 2009, 02:24 AM
Here is a question from the cheap seats (Canada). Would it be possible for a registered competitive Canadian Masters Swimmer to get a "blog" here? I would like to post my training sessions and get feed back from the more experienced swimmers here on how I can tune it up and become a bit more competitive competitor.

Michael Heather
July 21st, 2009, 11:46 PM
I believe you need to be USMS registered, although you don't have to live in the country (or even be a citizen) to do so.