PDA

View Full Version : TI and EVF on the same channel - Awesome

tomtopo
April 25th, 2009, 09:54 PM
I feel whole again! EVF - TI on the same page. Watch the video. Every swimmer, young and old, world record holder and beginner, has and will always have an EVF if they want to swim faster. It's not front quandrant swimming, it's a propulsive element critical to efficient swimming. Alaine Bernard to Rebecca Adlington are on two different ends of the curve in terms of how they achieve an EVF (tall Bernard with a straighter arm and Adlington with a near 90 degree bend). Please watch the video.

YouTube - How to swim with a High Elbow Catch/EVF - Total Immersion Israel

And just remember~

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

rtodd
April 26th, 2009, 06:05 PM
Good stuff.

I have let my catch get too deep and I am working to correct this. I will be getting a snorkle to help.

Adlington really shows an EVF from her underwater Beijing video.

tomtopo
April 27th, 2009, 08:25 AM
You hit the nail on the head. Trying to create an effective pulling pattern change, is the most difficult but productive thing a swimmer can do. I think breaststrokers have the most difficullt time because it's so easy to change a pattern (even during a race). If you find a pattern that's causes some time drops (during a timed pull), use some isometrics to isolate two or three phases of the stroke that you'd like to duplicate. Good luck!

TRYM_Swimmer
April 28th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Great video! I think I can finally see what EVF is really about. My workout this morning was a first crack at imitating that motion and early results are very promising!

tomtopo
April 29th, 2009, 07:45 AM
It's not easy to change a pulling pattern so be patient. When you experiment with drifferent pulling patterns, then find the one that's effective, start developing the stabalizing muscles in the shoulder that will allow you use that pattern. Use isometric exercises to strenghten three phases of the different pulling pattern. Go to EVF + swimming and look through the EVF isometric exercises. Email me at tomtopo@netzero.com if you have further questions or comments. Creating a better pattern can take anywhere from 3 to 8 weeks. Good luck! Coach T.