PDA

View Full Version : CLOVIS BABY!!

Ahelee Sue Osborn
May 2nd, 2009, 07:33 PM
I'm getting antsy here...

Thinking of arriving to Clovis late Tuesday evening so that I can swim on Wednesday in THE CHAMPIONSHIP POOL!

Is anyone else getting in early?

I could use some eyes on my backstroke start - and lunch together on Wednesday afternoon might be fun.
The pool doesn't open to us until 3:00pm.

Ahelee

meldyck
May 2nd, 2009, 08:28 PM
Grace & I will be in Clovis mid-afternoon, in time to get to the pools. First order of business is a stop in Paso Robles earlier in the day for some flu-preventative!

swimmj
May 2nd, 2009, 09:20 PM

Thinking of arriving to Clovis on late Tuesday evening so that I can swim on Wednesday at THE CHAMPIONSHIP POOL!

I could use some eyes on my backstroke start - and lunch together on Wednesday afternoon might be fun.

Ahelee

I get in Wednesday night about 6:40 and will be going to the pool either Wednesday PM and for certain, Thursday for meet warmup. I would be happy to look at your backstroke start.

--mj

pdjang
May 3rd, 2009, 12:53 PM
I'm not going, but I want to wish you all the best.
I feel your excitement and energy!

Swim fast, rub Mel on his head (we have the same hair-do), and have a great time.

Philipp

meldyck
May 3rd, 2009, 02:46 PM
I'm not going, but I want to wish you all the best.
I feel your excitement and energy!

Swim fast, rub Mel on his head (we have the same hair-do), and have a great time.

Philipp

Sorry you won't be there Philipp. My head is as smooth as a doorknob!

pwb
May 3rd, 2009, 03:26 PM

Thinking of arriving to Clovis late Tuesday evening so that I can swim on Wednesday in THE CHAMPIONSHIP POOL!

Ahelee

I'm with you on the ansty-ness. I'm scheduled to arrive Thursday at 7pm in Fresno, but am going to try to grab an earlier flight so I can dip in the pool Thursday evening, plus scope out where to sit for Friday.

pwolf66
May 3rd, 2009, 04:22 PM

Ahelee

Ahelee,

Chris Colburn and I should be arriving on Wed at about 4pm or so depending on traffic from LA. I plan on dropping my stuff at the hotel and hoofing it to the pool.

I plan on being at the pool Thursday also (but not swimming :D, at least any events)

PM me if you want my contact info. I can try to take a look at your start if you wish.

knelson
May 4th, 2009, 11:33 AM
I think it's time to bump this thread:
Clovis Nationals Dinner - U.S. Masters Swimming Discussion Forums

thewookiee
May 4th, 2009, 11:55 AM
I can try to take a look at your start if you wish.

Just don't ask him to demonstrate reaction time or proper starting position(unless it is for the 200 free)

pwolf66
May 4th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Just don't ask him to demonstrate reaction time or proper starting position(unless it is for the 200 free)

You, me, 200 Breast, Zones 2010. It's a done deal.

thewookiee
May 4th, 2009, 12:23 PM
You, me, 200 Breast, Zones 2010. It's a done deal.

Can you swim that far?

pwolf66
May 4th, 2009, 12:31 PM
Can you swim that far?
Purty sure.

I WILL be seeded in the lane next to you. So don't be nervous or anything about seeing my heels a LOT closer than you did in the 100 :afraid:

coachchris
May 4th, 2009, 08:41 PM
Ahelee,

Chris Colburn and I should be arriving on Wed at about 4pm or so depending on traffic from LA. I plan on dropping my stuff at the hotel and hoofing it to the pool.

I plan on being at the pool Thursday also (but not swimming :D, at least any events)

PM me if you want my contact info. I can try to take a look at your start if you wish.

Between Paul and me we should have a good solid debate on what advice to lend to your backstroke start ;-)

Less than two days! We'll see you there...

knelson
May 5th, 2009, 12:35 PM
Anyone swimming a distance event please remember to check in. The online checkin is up and running this morning. I thought I'd have to wait to check in for my later events, but turns out you can do all events right now.

I'm still waiting to see if Jazz Hands really swims the 500 free :)